Where do you guys think Dame Dash went wrong?

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
A lot of people went with dame :dahell:
Young guns
Peddie
Freeway
Kanye

All went with jay

And beans went with dame and left about a month or 2 after he got out. Said he realized dame was using him to make jay look bad

Only people stayed with dame was O and sparks and maybe rel? Who knows what happied to rel

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Without Dame the Roc doesn't become the Roc, PERIOD.

We see how The Roc became a shyt label the second he left, despite The Roc having the supposed "King of Rap" on its Roster.

Jay sold his brothers out to run with Jews and Russians. Pathetic and sad.
Without jay it’s clearly no roc either.

It’s not written no where in stone you have to be partners and in business with someone for ever. He felt he needed to move and that’s what he did.

Dame was high off power and still wanted to live the big pimpin lifestyle.

Signing all kinda artist to the label ruined the label, signing odb, mop and joe budden was all trash moves

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I've heard Dame interviewed a bunch of places and he's clearly an intelligent and successful man.

His one great flaw was he thought he wouldn't see the same people on the way down that he saw on the way up. People hold grudges. He'd be in a much different position today if he had better people skills.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
No you did not.

You said you don't wanna answer it breh. I asked what you thought Jay sacrficed to get to the top.

Yes I initially did tell him I didn't want to answer. HOWEVER, eventually I did answer it and put it in the quotes when I decided to answer to your post too.
And I'm about to quote my answer again:

I did answer it.

"It was Christmas time, couldn't sit down to answer that question. Honestly I'm not the person qualified to answer that question...I just understand that if the bold is true it's because Dame wasn't giving the circle the motivation to follow his vision, and a lot of the times that happens because the people with the vision don't want to either work (meaning they delegate everything and shout at people when things don't go their way, so it's never their failure) or to allow things to move smoothly (they restrict everybody's movement because of their need for control).

Dame's a self proclaimed BOSS. But in life the real BOSS is always the one who's a servant to everybody else in the team. The one who's always paying attention to who's upset/disgruntled, the one making sure everybody's good, and the one who scouts whoever becomes a threat to the vision.
"

I don't think Dame's a bad dude. I don't even think he's an actual a$$hole. He knows how to show his vision pretty clearly, and is actually an inspiring dude with the words. But I can't help but think he's missing a key ingredient to truly make the most of his talents, and that's why I said he's lazy, because the ingredient he's missing could be acquired if he were just a little more introspective. Just a little more "okay, I fukked up here, how do I not make this same mistake again?".

Speaking less and hearing more would probably do him a lot of good I feel.

These are just my cents though. I don't play them "I know I'm right" top-of-a-horse type of games, meaning I could be wrong.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Without Dame the Roc doesn't become the Roc, PERIOD.

We see how The Roc became a shyt label the second he left, despite The Roc having the supposed "King of Rap" on its Roster.

Jay sold his brothers out to run with Jews and Russians. Pathetic and sad.
Roc Nation is bigger than Rocafella ever been. It’s not even close

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Dame is an idiot. That's all to it. He may be intelligent, but he's an idiot. You can mention all of the barking and screaming on white execs all you want, and whether or not they liked it was irrelevant. He didn't have any alternative decisions, no counter options, no leverage, and didn't cultivate relationships. Combine that altogether and he's a bad business man, and bad for business.

He's a hustler and a rambler. He has the gift of gab and knows how to force ish when he has leverage. But as soon as you have a good rebuttal to anything he says, he gets louder and resorts to name calling. There's a reason he is where he is.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Dame is doing what works for him and making his own money.

Just because he's not the man that you nikkas want him to be that doesn't mean he's doing bad.

Besides, he doesn't have to respond to a cac or have fake relationships for the bag

Dame is winning

:dahell:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Just because he's not the man that you nikkas want him to be that doesn't mean he's doing bad.

Besides, he doesn't have to respond to a cac or have fake relationships for the bag

Dame is winning

Have u heard of Damon Dash before?

Please believe if these “culture vultures” offered a olive branch. Dame I’m 100% certain would jump at the opportunity to work with them again. He just mad he not invited to the party. If dame can come up with something that make millions. The “blackballing” would end.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Have u heard of Damon Dash before?

Please believe if these “culture vultures” offered a olive branch. Dame I’m 100% certain would jump at the opportunity to work with them again. He just mad he not invited to the party. If dame can come up with something that make millions. The “blackballing” would end.

yes, I heard him on a few podcast this year. he is bossed up and happy with where he's at in life

he also drug lyor through the dirt, he doesn't give a fukk about working with him again

you're assuming without evidence

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

Dame is winning

Releasing bad quality films is winning? Cmon breh, Dame could and should have had much more success even if he is happy currently.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
yes, I heard him on a few podcast this year. he is bossed up and happy with where he's at in life

he also drug lyor through the dirt, he doesn't give a fukk about working with him again

you're assuming without evidence
A dude who was on a trajectory to be one of the biggest execs in the music biz ever is now chasing fags begging for the money he owed him. I don’t think he reached his potential at all. And it’s not for lack of effort

His labeled failed
His tv show failed
Movie company depends on Ye helping

Once all those failed u now see him shytting on a business he not in anymore.

He need to be a promoter but he probably would feel that’s hustling backwards