Where do you guys think Dame Dash went wrong?

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I think we all know where Dame went wrong. Dame going Dame. He's loudmouth, overbearing, and believes he's right any everyone else is wrong. I take nothing way from him as he's had great success. But ask yourself one question would you want to do business with him?

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Dame tried to run business like a mob boss on TV, like Trump dumbass trying to do in politics.

Its all good if you can make nikkas dissappear :leostare: , but that shyt don't work in business when you gotta make deals and toe tap with these cacs

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Dame is lazy...he didn't want to make sacrifices. Which is why he is where he's at.

Jay sacrificed some things though. And in the end he won.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
It's easy.
Dame let his ego run wild.
Much like Suge, he thought as a Black man (but a ****** to them), he was gonna come in off the streets and dictate to these made industry dudes what was what, and do it as disrespectfully as possible.
Like Suge, they extracted his main asset from him and got his ass outta there quick fast and in a hurry.
To quote Chill Rob G:
"Oh you think you smarter? / The system's older"

wow a chill rob g reference, props

was just listening to ride the rhythm a few weeks back. he was dope

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Nothing. Jews run the music industry and keep real nikkas like him out of it. Jay played the game a little better and waited u til he had some power to flex on them cacs.

:mjlol: nikkas in here talking about he made people feel bad

you got whole rapists and prolly all type of other crazy shyt runnin the music/entertainment industry

nikka aint do nothin but be a real nikka n we all know crackas hate that.... jay a non confrontational nikka honkeys love his type he was gon sellout anyway

thats why its gone be forever dame>jay z

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
Not saying Dame is worse or better off. But, I believe it's the lasting relationships. In business, karma is real man. Look at Hov and Dame. Hov knew he needed alies and Dame believed he can do it alone

Basically this. Relationships are key in life especially business. Add to that his ego, abrasive personality, and the fact he doesnt seem to get Jay made em all rich. Yes they all contributed... but remove Mike, Cube, or MJ.... and the Bulls, NWA, or Jackson 5 just aint the same. Jay was that.. still is. Homie was/is special. That's why you cant make another HOV. Only GOD could make another HOV (dont ask me how :mjgrin:).

Also Dame is like 50 cent or Master P in that they do some marketing deals to get paid. . but like bosses they put their own money up a lot. That comes with greater reward but more risk.

But shyt he look like he doing good to me.

Oh yeah he's an a$$hole.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
He forgot the number one rule of business ....

Business is built on relationships...

i run my own business, businesses to be exact ....

I never had a contract , signed an agreement, went into a venture where the people didnt like me first before they decided to fukk with me ....

Its always been the people decide whether they like you as a person before they gonna fukk with you ......

you generally end up going to a lot of business lunches, dinners, meetings while you feel each other out (pause) ...... before you even discuss the venture

You learn in business for better or for worse no matter what the situation to keep it "business" because you dont know tomorrow ...

compare Dame and his former partner jay Z ....

while I think Dame is more intelligent Jay is definitely more smarter ....

You look at all the people he beefed with, whether it was Nas, Joe , even Biggs .... those were REAL beefs, not just hip hop shyt .... they doing business with him today because Jay was always smart enough not to take things too far and mostly kept his emotions out of it ....

look at Dame , you beef with him and he burns bridges , its like the dude takes things too far to the point where people just wont fukk with him again

The really smart person is the one who keeps emotions out of business ....

How you do business is very important .... being a ballbreaker works as long as you remain in a position of power .... you lose that power and need a favour ..... people will remember

Ask yourself this , when the Roc broke up and everyone under the umbrella had a choice who they wanted to sign with why did they choose Jay and not Dame? even Kanye West ?

I remember once sitting in a government commissioners office trying to middleman a deal with a finance institution , this finance institution was putting up a minimum of $6,000,000 investment into a government public/private initiative .... even though the finance institution had met all the prerequisites
the govt official was like "nah this isnt going to work" ..... come to find out they didnt like the CEO of the finance company , they just didnt like his personality so they walked away from the deal , in the same meeting dude told me they liked me and my people and that if we could put something together the deal was ours for the taking ..... They even offered to help me to raise the money ....

Theres people that Ive done business with that we've sat in opposite sides of the courtroom that im still cordial with today and in the future who knows?

But it anyone barked on me the way Dame barked at people I wouldnt even piss on him if he were on fire let alone do business with him

Hell of post. All facts. Especially the bolded.