Where does arrogance come from?

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
I invite people to look up the word humble, since we’re looking up things itt

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arrogance comes from confidence. It's the same thought process/belief.

Only difference between the two is that Arrogance tends to be more vocal whereas confidence is seen as being more modest and quiet

For example, Floyd Mayweather. Time and time again he's called arrogant and every other ilk under the sun and that's because he's very much a showman who flaunts his wealth and claims to be the greatest boxer ever. He's seen as arrogant because he lets everyone know of his success and achievements and people don't like that (hence the title they tag him with)

...but whats the difference between a person that believes they're great and will tell people this to a person that believes they're great but keeps it to themselves :yeshrug:

Best believe people that are successful but are quiet about their success to others still hold the belief inside them that they are better then their peers.

Arrogance and confidence are nowhere near the same

Confidence is knowing, it comes from preparation Mayweather is not arrogant, you never meant him in your life, also his public persona would be braggart not an arrogant person

Michael Jordan is not arrogant he is just an a$$hole

Everybody on OP's list isn't arrogant except for Trump.

Arrogance isn't having confidence it is being ignorant enough to be confident when you lack knowledge and preparation

and the posters on this reek of it, Arrogance is a falsehood its a belief in one self that isn't based on reality

Mayweather cannot be arrogant because he knows what he is doing, its just talk he delivers he is confident

A truly confident person doesn't have to be arrogant because the confidence gives them security

Its like a person who can't fight being the loudest and talking the most tough talk, if you can really handle yourself physical you don't need to puff out your chest because you are confident you can handle any altercation when it arises

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Asking because me , my brother (Brooklyn raised) and his baby moms were having a conversation. Well I was observing:mjlol: Mainly it was both of them arguing about some issues.. she proceeded to say how he was Soooo arrogant and so on.:manny:

That being said
There are arrogant people in all walks of life. What I noticed was Most of the arrogant people were successful of some sort. I can say i haven't seen a arrogant shy person.
To name a few

Muhammad Ali
Floyd Mayweather
MJ
Steph Curry
Ochocinco
TO
Deion Sanders
Grant Cardone
Trump
95% of New Yorkers that been outside

I've heard of arrogance being a negative trait and I know the consensus is you should stay humble but who lights a candle under a table?

On the contrary
You want that candle to be lit on top of the table so it can be bright and shine in the darkness.

Does it stem from shytted on in the early stages of childhood/teenagehood then succeeding or finding your own later on in life?
Is it a coping mechanism? Is it an insecurity?:jbhmm:

YOu clearly don't know what arrogance is

Trump is arrogant because he believes he is some kind of great business man but he inherited everything from his father, and he's fukked up all his businesses at some point, and isn't some real estate developer like he promotes himself to be, one of those hotels are is builders just pay him to use his name so all Trump is a name, his brand is business and he even sued a guy who exposed he wasn't a billionaire by saying it hurt his business because people believing his image is part of what makes his brand successful

Arrogance is a lie, confidence is truth

Arrogance is a boxer taunting his opponent with his down and getting KO'd, Confidence is Mayweather talking about football picks with commentators in the middle of a boxing match because he doesn't think, HE KNOWS, he is in control of everything in the ring

Most arrogant people are not successful lmao

Successful people can be a$$holes, like anyone else, or they could be stuck up but not thats arrogance

most successful people are actually humble, because they weren't always successful and failure humbles you in the process of becoming succcessful

The people you think are successful are really arrogant because in reality they aren't very successful, but the perception of the being successful is blinding you, because you don't know the truth about their situation.

Arrogance is a guy riding around an old bentley trying to show it off like he's a high roller, when a real rich person will have the same old bentley and just drive it because they don't care if its new or not they just drive to drive it they aren't trying to impress anyone with it or stunt on, shyt on somebody they know by pulling up to rub it in their face

do you understand

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
The difference between confidence and arrogance, in my opinion, is that confident people know what they can do well, or are knowledgeable about and are proud of it, but are also well aware of what they can’t do well or don’t know well. Arrogant people only know what they are good at, and usually don’t know what they can’t do well until it is too late and or bites them on the ass.

But I also feel like people who are insecure or lack confidence, project their lack of confidence onto confident people and mistake their confidence for arrogance.

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Devil's advocate:

Floyd Mayweather and Dan Blizerian had money for a long time. :usure:
I don't wanna personalize the discussion because I don't know THAT much about Floyd's upbringing and I don't know who the Dan guy is but I'm willing to bet Floyd wasn't born with a silver spoon (correct me if I'm wrong). I don't really see humble boxers as boxing is the kind of sport that requires tough skin and extreme confidence that usually goes to arrogance

Tiger Woods has been successful and has had money for a long time but he's never been arrogant as far as I've seen. I watched a documentary once and he pretty much grew up well off with a silver spoon

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Arrogance and confidence are nowhere near the same

Confidence is knowing, it comes from preparation Mayweather is not arrogant, you never meant him in your life, also his public persona would be braggart not an arrogant person

Michael Jordan is not arrogant he is just an a$$hole

Everybody on OP's list isn't arrogant except for Trump.

Arrogance isn't having confidence it is being ignorant enough to be confident when you lack knowledge and preparation

and the posters on this reek of it, Arrogance is a falsehood its a belief in one self that isn't based on reality

Mayweather cannot be arrogant because he knows what he is doing, its just talk he delivers he is confident

A truly confident person doesn't have to be arrogant because the confidence gives them security

Its like a person who can't fight being the loudest and talking the most tough talk, if you can really handle yourself physical you don't need to puff out your chest because you are confident you can handle any altercation when it arises

:dead:you got it Breh.

All I will say is
The definition of arrogant literally means..

"showing an offensive attitude of superiority"
"unpleasantly proud and behaving as if you are more important than"
"full of oneself"

This is literally the Websters definition, you can clearly be confident and arrogant. There is a big correlation between the 2.:deadrose:

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
You are arrogant for a reason.. maybe you aren't use to having what you have. Maybe you had a growth spurt mentality, physically , emotionally or financially. MJ was cut from the highschool team so I can see why he is arrogant after he worked for and possessed the power of being one of the greatest basketball player ever.

You cant be arrogant for no reason. Imagine an arrogant bum.:heh:

We can agree that it is nearly impossible to be arrogant/cocky and shy/timid at the same time, they are basically antonyms.

Shy and Timidness is a direct derivative of insecurity or not being sure of oneself correct?

So how can arrogance truly originate from insecurity ?
Different people react differently to different stimuli. There is no set cookie cutter response to insecurity. Besides somebody can be timid and still have an inflated opinion of oneself.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:you got it Breh.

All I will say is
The definition of arrogant literally means..

"showing an offensive attitude of superiority"
"unpleasantly proud and behaving as if you are more important than"
"full of oneself"

This is literally the Websters definition, you can clearly be confident and arrogant. There is a big correlation between the 2.:deadrose:

you are being arrogant right now, nothing posted is reflection of confidence but the exact opposite

I said Arrogance and confidence are not the same, don't definitions have nothing to do with being confident

IT IS SELF DELUSION

If your full of oneself you are delusional you do not have full grasp of reality

showing an offensive attitude of superiority is something an arrogant person which is what you are doing now

if you a truly superior it goes without saying you don't have to output it, you obviously a very a weak person because you don't understand this

you also are very ignorant

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
you are being arrogant right now, nothing posted is reflection of confidence but the exact opposite

I said Arrogance and confidence are not the same, don't definitions have nothing to do with being confident

IT IS SELF DELUSION

If your full of oneself you are delusional you do not have full grasp of reality

showing an offensive attitude of superiority is something an arrogant person which is what you are doing now

if you a truly superior it goes without saying you don't have to output it, you obviously a very a weak person because you don't understand this

you also are very ignorant

Your name is Master Teacher but you're calling me arrogant.