Which city is the LA of the South: Houston or Atlanta?

Which city is the LA of the South: Houston or Atlanta?

• Atlanta

Votes: 47 69.1%
  • Houston

Votes: 21 30.9%

• Total voters

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Nah, Houston is the 4th largest city in terms of overall population. True. But actual population density? There are other cities more densely populated than Houston. Even in the South you got Miami and New Orleans which both have a higher population density than Houston. But if Houston decided to cut off most of the city outside of the 610 Loop, and just scale the city down to everything within the 610 loop, I feel Houston’s population density would skyrocket tremendously. Everything within that loop is pretty dense and urban. To me at least.

nah. It will only go up to 5645 per sq mile. Still nowhere near dense but a solid third behind Miami and New Orleans(though it’s catching up). Personally, that’s how I look at Houston anyway. I look at everything inside 610 loop the city and pretty much everything outside of it the suburbs. I look at the galleria like Tyson’s corner in the DC area . An edge city.

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I've been to London and Paris and all over Europe when I was living there. Its nothing personal against NY I just generally despise the big city life. I'm even bout tired of Atlanta which is probably one of the smallest "big cities" out there. Atlanta is already full but nikkas keep relocating here. In 10 years it'll be unbearable.

Living in a decent suburb or the sticks even while being close to a city >>>>

I use to think like this until I visited my cousin in Dallas, Georgia.

Yea you get nice size home for your money and better quality of living but quality of living is actually subjective because after living there for a few weeks I realized the big city life is the only way to live for me.

I don’t like driving everywhere (especially for simple basic shyt like buying milk), I don’t like driving and being stuck in traffic to go to work I rather the train anyday of the week, and finally I like the sense of community and having access to top notch amenities and not just a Walmart and Publix everywhere.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Thanks, I didnt know any of that information. I live in Detroit (born and raised) and most of the people I know that have moved south have chosen either Houston or Atlanta. What I find interesting is that 70% of the people who moved to Atlanta have returned to Michigan. I only know one person that left Detroit for Houston and didnt stay there, and he moved to Houston right out of the military.

Houston has a more diverse and larger job market and Texas cities in general pay higher than Georgia and NC. Also I tend to find people who move to Atlanta are impulsive people (but will tell you it’s for opportunity). Whereas the people I see move to Texas tend to seriously go there for opportunity.

I have a friend of mine who is horrible with money but she wants to move down there because she enjoyed the clubs. I told her if you aren’t moving down there to be successful then please stay where you at.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Houston has a more diverse and larger job market and Texas cities in general pay higher than Georgia and NC. Also I tend to find people who move to Atlanta are impulsive people (but will tell you it’s for opportunity). Whereas the people I see move to Texas tend to seriously go there for opportunity.

I have a friend of mine who is horrible with money but she wants to move down there because she enjoyed the clubs. I told her if you aren’t moving down there to be successful then please stay where you at.
Pretty much. Atlanta moves seem more impulsive. Because of the Hollywood nature of the city. There’s an allure to Atlanta. No one moves to Texas on whim. Ppl do their research, because Texas is lowkey, despite its explosive population growth. Not many ppl know about Texas, so they’re forced to do the research.