White man plots to disrupt NCAA with HBCU Pay-for-Play Basketball League

Armchair Militant

Stay woke
Daps
Reppin
Miami

Step 1: Form an HBCU-exclusive basketball league.

Step 2: Tell the NCAA to pound sand, and pay the nation's very best high school and college basketball players to be part of it.

Step 3: Profit. Oh, and also change the face of big-time campus athletics forever.

"One of the ways to bust up a monopoly is through disruption," Schwarz says. "That's the idea here."

The way Schwarz and his HBCU league co-founders—Ohio–based sports and entertainment attorney Richard Volante and Washington, D.C.–based author and historian Bijan Bayne—see it, the NCAA is a bit like a traditional taxi company, while their concept is akin to Uber or Lyft. The league would consist of at least 16 members drawn from the four current NCAA Division I and II HBCU conferences, institutions such as Howard University and Florida A&M; its athletes would be full-time students.

They also would be paid to play basketball, between $50,000 and $100,000 a year. Moreover, they would be allowed to endorse products, sell autographs, sign with agents, accept gifts from boosters, declare for the NBA draft, and even be drafted by NBA teams without losing their eligibility.

1497975591484-1.jpeg

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I'm probably going to change my thoughts once I really think about this but it benefits HBCU's the state neglects and black athletes

But the way it's drawn up is not about empowering us but exploiting us as pawns.

But if it can get brothers paid I can't be that against it.

But there is more to it I guess

:mindblown:

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
They need to get a some NBA connected like a Bron and Rich to promote/endorse and possibly fund what they are doing....could be worth billions in the future...

50-100k seems like a bit much imo. But what do I know

I love the fact that black people are taking chances and putting this together..why wait for the NCAA to decide when they are going start playing athletes....its about time black people to make an Uber and not just drive the car.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
It looks like a great plan/idea.

The execution and being able to evade/wade-off vested interests that would try to sabotage would be interesting to watch.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All they need is a good number of 5 star recruits to join in and they can get started.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I will say this and this being a possible problem, the NCAA will not play these schools so you'll basically have 16 schools playing eachother. Maybe european teams could come over to play too. but only 16 teams means lack of a schedule and lack of revenue.