White man plots to disrupt NCAA with HBCU Pay-for-Play Basketball League

Floyd Pinkerton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ain't mad at it. Hope they go through with it. That's a lot of start up money tho, if they can get a TV contract then it makes it easier. Better call Netflix, amazon and Google up

You see it breh. These streaming entertainment providers are chomping at the bit for a share in sports programming. This could be a mutually beneficial venture :jbhmm:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
This is a big ask but this is how it must begin. Hopefully they flip from a major university too. :ohlawd:

_________ has just decommitted from Kentucky to sign with the Howard Bison :wow:
Kentucky bagmen are diversifying their portfolios and firing six figure employees in preparation for this to go down. They ain't going down without a fight

Derekjackson2

Banned
Daps
If they play each other twice & 8 team playoff the. The schedule is full if the play is good enough.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Sounds like a nice idea, problem would be getting the c00ns to want to play and get paid at an HBCU.
If they do this in Basketball and Football though I support it for everyone.
Anything to take down the NCAA I'm for

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will say this and this being a possible problem, the NCAA will not play these schools so you'll basically have 16 schools playing eachother. Maybe european teams could come over to play too. but only 16 teams means lack of a schedule and lack of revenue.

The other conference schools barely play them now. Only time they play them is at start of the year and it's usually a money grabbing blowout

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
The other conference schools barely play them now. Only time they play them is at start of the year and it's usually a money grabbing blowout

i was thinking in terms of filling out a decent schedule. i guess they could play everybody twice and thatd be 30 odd games

acbjr22

110er Gang
Daps
the big thing I don't think they are considering is the fan base. A large reason college athletics and sports leagues are so lucrative is fan enthusiasm and attachment to particular teams or universities. This country is majority white therefore fan bases are overwhelmingly white. If you play at an hbcu will you still have all those white and nonblack fans which make the sport so lucrative?

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
I love this plan.

But you gotta have somebody who looks NOT like me selling it to the kids.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I support this and I don't even care white lawyers are probably going to write in getting a % of the royalties forever. We need allies in our fight and they should be compensated. That kind of disruption would make them a competitive alternative to the NCAA and attract top talent. Thus the schools get billions in TV revenue and the ball players become millionaire alumnus. I don't see a L here.