White Women Were Avid Slaveowners, a New Book Shows

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Thanks for the correction.
I assumed it was written to shatter any myth about white women and Black women have this history of alliance in this country. I've read articles in the past promoting this myth by playing up female (white)abolitionists working with Black women. Also articles talking about plantation mistresses being the "good cop", educating and protecting enslaved Africans from punishments and being sold off. In both cases, these stores were used to bolster the case that Black women should join the feminist movement. I thought this book was deliberately shattering those myths with a sledgehammer.

It pretty much just focuses on their role during slavery.

A bold and searing investigation into the role of white women in the American slave economy

Bridging women’s history, the history of the South, and African American history, this book makes a bold argument about the role of white women in American slavery. Historian Stephanie E. Jones-Rogers draws on a variety of sources to show that slave-owning women were sophisticated economic actors who directly engaged in and benefited from the South’s slave market. Because women typically inherited more slaves than land, enslaved people were often their primary source of wealth. Not only did white women often refuse to cede ownership of their slaves to their husbands, they employed management techniques that were as effective and brutal as those used by slave-owning men. White women actively participated in the slave market, profited from it, and used it for economic and social empowerment. By examining the economically entangled lives of enslaved people and slave-owning women, Jones-Rogers presents a narrative that forces us to rethink the economics and social conventions of slaveholding America.​

Last edited:

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah i knew this for a while now. just in case anyone is interested there's a book called 100 years of lynching that details the level of cruelty on the part of white women during slavery. i warn you though it's a tough read, tears literally came into my eyes

so nah i was never under any illusion that they were some innocent party. same goes for jim crow era and today's racism, they can be just as vicious as their male counterparts
Probably more vicious...
Studies show women in general are more prejudice than men.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
white people owned slaves? :ohhh:
The problem is ; white women have masterfully used femisnism is a tool to become victims.

This would never go through Blue Check Negro ® because that kills the connection they have with white society.

Look at Brei Larson; wealthy, blonde white woman doing speech's about oppression like she's Malcolm X and shyt. Telling us she "will use [her] white privilege" (literrally her word) to free "people of color".

Again, all the lies history teaches us, teaches us tell through white female teacher.

fukking Dr Tommy Curry left the country to Switzerland because academia refuses to accept the idea that black men are/can be victims. Like, they did t say his research was false, just that it would offend women (they mean white women).

poppastoppa

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Crack

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm under the false assumption most people of means had slaves.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I was gonna say this. Has someone been arguing that White women were just the innocent victims of the slavery era? :what:

I have heard black men say thay white women were just 'victims' of the white white men. That sentiment is wide spread.

Yeah, when I wrote that I was still innocent because I had @Swagnificent on ignore. Now I know better. He thinks that white women are inherently non-racist, even if they use the N-word, because some of them have sex with black men and that makes everything okay.

Take white men out of the equation and white women would not be racist.

White women are only racist cause of white men. Take white men out of the equation and they would be no different than any other woman.

I've dealt with many a white woman in my life and once you got em, you got em just like any other woman.

I was giving black women advice on why so many black men are choosing white women. I told em it ain't about looks but behavior. Worship your man the way white women do and we wouldn't be choosing them over you

Hence why I mess with mostly white females.

Its not a racial slur without the power dynamics associated with it.

Its impossible for a white woman who is with a black man intimately to be racist.

No. Pawging ain't like wenching cause its the female that submits to the male. And a white woman who submits to a black man is by definition not racist.

When a white woman decides to get in a monogamous romantic relationship with black man she is admitting through her own actions that she does not view black men as inferior. Genetically as humans we are driven to mate with the best partner possible. No one intentionally mates with individuals they believe are inherently inferior. It simply makes no evolutionary sense.

Simply put its impossible for a white woman to be racist while enganging in a romantic monogamous relationship with a black man. Her actions prove she does not believe black men are inherently inferior to other races. If she believed that, she would never have engaged in a relationship with anyone black. This is simple science.

When a penis is penetrating the vagina, the woman is submitting to the man's will not the other way around. The reason a white woman's racism is meaningless in that situation is because she's already submitting to me. I'm the one in the dominant position. Thus she can't say anything to demean me as inferior. The opposite is not true for a black woman with a white man. She's the one in the submissive position. He's in the dominant one. By allowing him to call her racist names she is only giving him more power over him. His penis penetrating her already has given him power.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
I have heard black men say thay white women were just 'victims' of the white white men. That sentiment is wide spread.
Literally noone says this ever. I promise you pulled this out of your ass. Not in writing. Not in blogs. Not in film. White females have always been shown priveledged and on pedastal with their feet kicked up. Never made to be victims of shyt.