Who are rappers you think get credit for their rapping ability, you don't think are nice

JMD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Prime Prodigy....and I like mobb deep a lot. I just never heard Prodigy and went wow.

Canibus....shoulder shrug.

Jim Jones...shoulder shrug.

agree about Jimmy. he never impressed me

but both P and Bis were beasts during their prime

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
JRo was nice
Jro fukking SUCKS. :camby:
him to Tash is like Big Pooh to Phonte
Common ( nikka is not a top 20 MC)
I believed he was up until Electric Circus :mjcry:
that three album run from Resurrection to One Day It'll All Make Sense to Like Water For Chocolate in unparalleled :wow:

gave up on him for a while and then he came out with Be after after a hiatus and it was :blessed:
everything else from him has been middling to trash ever since
that project with Robert Glasper and Kareem Wiggins, as well as the one with Cocaine 80s were:scust:

I really threw him in the bushes after he went on the Daily Show and said racism would end he said something along the lines of "Black people need to extend a hand of love to white people"
200w.webp

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Content wise, I could never take Lil Wayne seriously, he made kid music imo, like music specifically just for teenagers. For yall Wayne fans, how's his shyt aging? I figured that shyt would age like milk because it was so childish and weightless.

But how can people hear his rapping ability and think he's not nice? Lil Wayne can rap rap rap man, still today. Listen to any posse cuts with Wayne on them, lol, 99% of the time he ate everybody and clearly stole the show. I can tell all he does/did was write raps (or however he created his stuff)...that's a rappin ass dude. Some of the punches and wordplay were reaches of course, but some of them were actually pretty good here and there, and his delivery/flows is insane.
All pre-punchline era wayne aged very well tbh, that's mostly everything before around 07, I listened to dedication 2 not that long ago and was impressed how much I still liked it. His newer stuff is still rockin too IMO I still bump a healthy amount of songs from C5

But yeah, wayne raps, raps and raps, all of the skills people have praised other rappers before wayne has used them before and then some. The skill level is undeniable, but like you said, the content is questionable often times, but these days most rappers do

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Kendrick shouted him out on Control, lots of threads on here praising him here you can search em up. I actively avoided him for years
Mac is another example of a rapper being praised for the quality of their music but not necessarily his ability. I sincerely feel that if you felt that people were praising his rapping ability, you misunderstood the praise. Feel free to disagree, but I seriously don't know ANYONE who looks at Mac as this pen and pad, virtuoso MC with bar after bar

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Mac is another example of a rapper being praised for the quality of their music but not necessarily his ability. I sincerely feel that if you felt that people were praising his rapping ability, you misunderstood the praise. Feel free to disagree, but I seriously don't know ANYONE who looks at Mac as this pen and pad, virtuoso MC with bar after bar
Well that may be, but I shared my opinion breh

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

this is the inferior version.

the white label to nikkaz we roll with is the better version and in that canibus.
never recorded any good records ever after nikkaz we roll with.
plus his technical skills never upgraded and became completely outdated.
after the sonic landscape as well.
not to mention,..all the other fukkery.

art barr

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
These young nikkas act like Lil Baby the second coming of Rakim
He’s always been mid. They always jock that one freestyle song and nothing else. They were so ready to anoint him as the next big star when there’s nothing special about him at all. Even tried making Lil Durk seem like he didn’t at all belong making a joint album with him when neither guy is some blow away artist.