Who Had The Better Deal: 2Pac or Biggie ?

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I read somewhere that when Pac died it was said that all his assets were in Suge's name ?:leon:

If that's the case was Pac really balling like that ?

AND From what we know 'bout Puff, I wonder what Biggie's deal was like too..

Was Pac & BIG really balling like they made it seem ?

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
I read somewhere that when Pac died it was said that all his assets were in Suge's name ?:leon:

If that's the case was Pac really balling like that ?

AND From what we know 'bout Puff, I wonder what Biggie's deal was like too..

Was Pac & BIG really balling like they made it seem ?

i saw pac deal it was in one those books that his estate put out he had a three album deal including a movie deal so it looks like he was caking up. and it also proves that pac was not leaving death row by no means.

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
i saw pac deal it was in one those books that his estate put out he had a three album deal including a movie deal so it looks like he was caking up. and it also proves that pac was not leaving death row by no means.

bytch pac put out aeom and makaveli...that's 3 albums...and was workin on like 2 movies

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
i dont think it matters

biggie didnt put in work

and pac was trying to get out of his deal

realistically they both were getting cake

but the deals would say otherwise

at the end of the day they both would have been paid though

King Poetic

A.K.A. Duke Illington
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SeaBed
Biggie did

Tupac died with only 160,000 in the bank..plus he owed death row over 4 million dollars...

Its sad that he's caking while he dead.. but at least his mom get the money

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Biggie did

Tupac died with only 160,000 in the bank..plus he owed death row over 4 million dollars...

Its sad that he's caking while he dead.. but at least his mom get the money

He sold all those millions of albums no way would you think he'll die broke.. I guess Deals back there were really worse than now, and nikkas complaining bout 360 deals...

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Pac was getting money off Movies but the Death Row deal wasn't giving him what he was suppose to get. He was trying to start his own label and get out of his Death Row Contract. Meanwhile, Biggie was making big money off shows and features and when "Ready To Die" Blew he also made money off single sales and albums sales. Puff had Biggie in a 6 album contract which would of been forefilled after Big's 3rd Triple album release he was planning (A Greatest Hits album would of the final release).

Biggie also had a side label venture with Lance Unrivera and Wrote, Produced and Executive Produced Lil Kim and Junior Mafia's album. He had 5 Executive Producer credits down the line with Lil Cease, Charli BMore, Camron, Lil Kim 2nd Album and The Commission album. So at the end of the Day. Biggie was set to be making the Forbes list for many years to come. That's not counting the fashion and other endorsements Biggie had as well as the money he would of been making featuring on Bad Boy and other artist songs. Either Way, Both of their Mothers are rich beyond belief now. Suge and Puffy were jerking Big and Pac on certain aspects of their money, no doubt.

At the time of their deaths. I think Big deal was in a better position than Pac's. The only upside was Pac was producing albums at a faster rate so he would of been out of his Death Row deal by 98 for sure. Big wouldn't off been off Bad Boy till past the early 2000's. Pac probably would of been in more movies and would of slowed down on releasing albums. He still would of made Outlaws albums and of course he had the One Nation project planned and his own label. They both were set up to be huge so the hype beyond their deaths isn't a fluke. Big and Pac both had a lot going on for them at the time.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Financially Pac and Big I don't know enough to say who was doing better, but if were talking about which artist got the most freedom when it comes to what matters most, which is the music, Pac obviously had it better. Suge wasn't dancing around in all the videos, yelling dumb gay ad libs on all the tracks, and Pac was free to make any type of music he wanted which is why he has the undisputable better discography of the two.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I doubt if it's really a question...Puffy prolly owned a portion of Big's publishing or some other fairly standard industry practice shyt...but Pac on Death Row is prolly the greatest label rape-job documented in the observable universe

http://www.the-coli.com/booth/39906...ping-artist-hip-hop-history.html#.UbClqudJOi4

Was kind of a tangential point that came to me in a snoop thread...but thinking on it, what Suge and them (mainly Death Row's Saul Goodman/Maurice Levy-esque lawyer David Kenner) did to Pac was so egregious it stands out even among standard rap label sheistiness...we all know bout Puff strong arming publishing for life and driving artists into random religions, Baby throwing royalties in the bushes, Percy paying Soulja Slim like 40K on a gold selling album, and even Suge making Dre walk away from co-ownership of Death Row with nothing...but the raping of Pac was so next level, it borders on hilarious...like they were going out of their way to do it for the sheer comedy of it

From the book "How Long Will They Mourn Me" as transcribed from SKJ on the old board in a thread on a ABC News interview with Afeni bout Pac dying broke:

Suge had previously asked him to join Deathrow, but he said "he just wasn't ready." The reality of it is that Tupac didn't want to join Deathrow, but changed his mind when faced with prison.

Suge said he'd get Tupac out, in exchange Tupac had to do 3 albums for Deathrow. They worked out a contract in which Tupac would receive an advance of $1 million for the first album, in addition to $125,000 for a car, a $120,000 expense allowance for one year, a $250,000 legal fund to be spent as Tupac desired, and David's legal services.

Tupac would be paid a royalty of 18 points for sales of the first album, plus a bonus of 1% if it went Gold, and another 1% if it went Platinum. For the second and third, Tupac would be paid an advance of no less than $1 million, or $1 million for every million copies of the prior album which was sold, and he would be paid a royalty of 18% of sales, plus a bonus of l% if it went Gold, and another 1% if it went Platinum. Tupac said at the time he signed the contract "I know I'm selling my soul." But he couldn't stand another few years in prison.

Tupac agreed and Deathrow lawyer David Kenner went about bailing Tupac out of jail. The New York Court of Appeals granted him leave to post bail. $850,000 was raised by Atlantic Records, which was posted in a corporate guarantee. The rest was put up with a $300,000 bail bond and $250,000 in cash from Suge or Interscope.

Tupac immediately began and released the album All Eyez on Me, a double CD which covered the first 2 cd's of the contract. While on Deathrow Tupac really seemed to change, influenced by Suge in the mob lifestyle and obviously bitter for the setup in the rape case and being shot 5 times.

While on Deathrow he was jacked by Suge Knight repeatedly. He was charged rent on a Wilshire apartment that other Deathrow artists lived in on 9 seperate occasions. He was charged $23,857 for repairs to a porche owned by Steve Cantrock and Suge. Suge and another Death Row representative, who were in California at the time, on the phone told him that he had spent $2 million more than he was entitled to receive.

He was charged $115,507 for three pieces of jewelry from B.L. Diamonds, Suge said that the jewelry was a gift to Tupac from Suge, but the bills were never paid.

On May 2nd, Tupac was charged $14,500 rent for a house in Malibu which David Kenner lived in. He was then charged $100,000 rent for David Kenner, then $12,000 more. He paid $2700 for Nate Dogg's child support and charged $5,845 for jewelry that Suge bought from XIV Karats Ltd.

Sept 3rd he was charged with expenses associated with Michel'le Toussa's Range Rover for $1,453.51. He was also charged over $28,000 for a Chevy Suburban Title. It was taken (bought) in Tupac's name initially, but was given to Suge's brother-in-law, Norris Anderson.

Tupac was charged $51,425 in connection with the cost of transferring the car to Norris.

In August Tupac was charged $2,965, for an American Express bill from Suge's wife.

Tupac was charged with expenses that he never agreed to pay which were attendant to the production of albums released by Death Row.

He was charged $3,421,842 in video production costs and $663,012 in audio production costs.

When Tupac died he had no mutual funds, IRA, or real estate.

He owned no stocks or bonds, and had a checking account that had less than $105,000.

He also didn't own his Woodland Hills house in San Fernando Valley that he had recently thought he had bought.

:pachaha: They were paying for the lawyer's rent on multiple properties, the rent for a crib for other Death Row artists to live in, Nate Dogg's past due child support :russ:, Suge's baby mama's car note :heh:, multiple whips and what not that he never even saw, Suge's wife's credit card bills...DIRECTLY out of Pac's budget...he was the biggest rapper in the world pretty much at the time of his death, and died with...literally...not a single dime to his name...he was millions of dollars in debt and only had a little over $100,000 in assets...they got to him at his lowest point, in prison and not able to come up with the million for bail (in retrospect it's wild that his label at the time wouldn't give him the loot :what:)...had him agree to a contract handwritten on blank printer paper, negotiated on both sides by David Kenner...which signed him to Death Row and made Kenner his lawyer

shyt's absolutely insane to me in retrospect...don't think I've seen Rule 4080 utilized to such an extent, ever...they basically did homie like a sharecropper

Last edited by a moderator:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Big sold half his publishing to Puff for 250,000... the rest is history.

Puff is always business first.. I mean you couldnt just loan him that??

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I doubt if it's really a question...Puffy prolly owned a portion of Big's publishing or some other fairly standard industry practice shyt...but Pac on Death Row is prolly the greatest label rape-job documented in the observable universe

http://www.the-coli.com/booth/39906...ping-artist-hip-hop-history.html#.UbClqudJOi4

Was kind of a tangential point that came to me in a snoop thread...but thinking on it, what Suge and them (mainly Death Row's Saul Goodman/Maurice Levy-esque lawyer David Kenner) did to Pac was so egregious it stands out even among standard rap label sheistiness...we all know bout Puff strong arming publishing for life and driving artists into random religions, Baby throwing royalties in the bushes, Percy paying Soulja Slim like 40K on a gold selling album, and even Suge making Dre walk away from co-ownership of Death Row with nothing...but the raping of Pac was so next level, it borders on hilarious...like they were going out of their way to do it for the sheer comedy of it

From the book "How Long Will They Mourn Me" as transcribed from SKJ on the old board in a thread on a ABC News interview with Afeni bout Pac dying broke:

:pachaha: They were paying for the lawyer's rent on multiple properties, the rent for a crib for other Death Row artists to live in, Nate Dogg's past due child support :russ:, Suge's baby mama's car note :heh:, multiple whips and what not that he never even saw, Suge's wife's credit card bills...DIRECTLY out of Pac's budget...he was the biggest rapper in the world pretty much at the time of his death, and died with...literally...not a single dime to his name...he was millions of dollars in debt and only had a little over $100,000 in assets...they got to him at his lowest point, in prison and not able to come up with the million for bail (in retrospect it's wild that his label at the time wouldn't give him the loot :what:)...had him agree to a contract handwritten on blank printer paper, negotiated on both sides by David Kenner...which signed him to Death Row and made Kenner his lawyer

Afeni Shakur's ABC Interview With Brian Ross About 2Pac's Music - YouTube

shyt's absolutely insane to me in retrospect...don't think I've seen Rule 4080 utilized to such an extent, ever...they basically did homie like a sharecropper

LOL.. But NAS LOST??? geeeeeeez

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Death Row wasn't paying Pac properly but legally speaking he was owed a lot of money by DR which is why Afeni managed to receive a lot of money on his behalf after his death. Pac dying broke is a bit of a myth. He didn't have a lot of money in his account and they were charging him with a lot of costs which he shouldn't have been charged for, but had Pac lived he could have sued them just like Afeni ended up doing and gotten millions from DR. It's misleading to say he died broke.

samtalksradio

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Belle Glade FL

Afeni Shakur's ABC Interview With Brian Ross About 2Pac's Music - YouTube

:ooh: In nikkas say Pac wasn't leaving death row, that nikka was getting fukked (even outside of jail) this whole time falsely accusing Biggie, he should have been checking Suge. I usually bash Pac but now I feel sorry for him. I have a feeling that if Pac never died, Big would be Jayz, and we would be all clowning Pac with Pac Lost threads damn.

Nas Lost!