Who Had The Better Deal: 2Pac or Biggie ?

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Pac was getting money off Movies but the Death Row deal wasn't giving him what he was suppose to get. He was trying to start his own label and get out of his Death Row Contract. Meanwhile, Biggie was making big money off shows and features and when "Ready To Die" Blew he also made money off single sales and albums sales. Puff had Biggie in a 6 album contract which would of been forefilled after Big's 3rd Triple album release he was planning (A Greatest Hits album would of the final release).

Biggie also had a side label venture with Lance Unrivera and Wrote, Produced and Executive Produced Lil Kim and Junior Mafia's album. He had 5 Executive Producer credits down the line with Lil Cease, Charli BMore, Camron, Lil Kim 2nd Album and The Commission album. So at the end of the Day. Biggie was set to be making the Forbes list for many years to come. That's not counting the fashion and other endorsements Biggie had as well as the money he would of been making featuring on Bad Boy and other artist songs. Either Way, Both of their Mothers are rich beyond belief now. Suge and Puffy were jerking Big and Pac on certain aspects of their money, no doubt.

At the time of their deaths. I think Big deal was in a better position than Pac's. The only upside was Pac was producing albums at a faster rate so he would of been out of his Death Row deal by 98 for sure. Big wouldn't off been off Bad Boy till past the early 2000's. Pac probably would of been in more movies and would of slowed down on releasing albums. He still would of made Outlaws albums and of course he had the One Nation project planned and his own label. They both were set up to be huge so the hype beyond their deaths isn't a fluke. Big and Pac both had a lot going on for them at the time.

Thinking about that I wonder if Suge would've let Pac get those album contracts out that quickly, Puff would've pimped the hell out of Biggie though...

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I doubt if it's really a question...Puffy prolly owned a portion of Big's publishing or some other fairly standard industry practice shyt...but Pac on Death Row is prolly the greatest label rape-job documented in the observable universe

http://www.the-coli.com/booth/39906...ping-artist-hip-hop-history.html#.UbClqudJOi4

Was kind of a tangential point that came to me in a snoop thread...but thinking on it, what Suge and them (mainly Death Row's Saul Goodman/Maurice Levy-esque lawyer David Kenner) did to Pac was so egregious it stands out even among standard rap label sheistiness...we all know bout Puff strong arming publishing for life and driving artists into random religions, Baby throwing royalties in the bushes, Percy paying Soulja Slim like 40K on a gold selling album, and even Suge making Dre walk away from co-ownership of Death Row with nothing...but the raping of Pac was so next level, it borders on hilarious...like they were going out of their way to do it for the sheer comedy of it

From the book "How Long Will They Mourn Me" as transcribed from SKJ on the old board in a thread on a ABC News interview with Afeni bout Pac dying broke:

:pachaha: They were paying for the lawyer's rent on multiple properties, the rent for a crib for other Death Row artists to live in, Nate Dogg's past due child support :russ:, Suge's baby mama's car note :heh:, multiple whips and what not that he never even saw, Suge's wife's credit card bills...DIRECTLY out of Pac's budget...he was the biggest rapper in the world pretty much at the time of his death, and died with...literally...not a single dime to his name...he was millions of dollars in debt and only had a little over $100,000 in assets...they got to him at his lowest point, in prison and not able to come up with the million for bail (in retrospect it's wild that his label at the time wouldn't give him the loot :what:)...had him agree to a contract handwritten on blank printer paper, negotiated on both sides by David Kenner...which signed him to Death Row and made Kenner his lawyer

Afeni Shakur's ABC Interview With Brian Ross About 2Pac's Music - YouTube

shyt's absolutely insane to me in retrospect...don't think I've seen Rule 4080 utilized to such an extent, ever...they basically did homie like a sharecropper

:merchant::merchant::merchant:

JHEEZ They were pimping the fukk out of Pac :Sadcam:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
:merchant::merchant::merchant:

JHEEZ They were pimping the fukk out of Pac :Sadcam:
Mind you all of this was over the course of a couple of months...pac wasn't out of jail and signed to Death Row for a year before he passed...the foulest part is that I can only assume a big part of running with them was for protection, and he ends up getting bodied behind some of their local ass gangbang politics anyway... ON TOP of the out of this world rape-job

Earnings

Ele Jefe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Victory Lane
I havent read the detailed post yet but ima say as fukked up as it sounds business is business brehs. They were offering a desperate man a opportunity ($$$, get out of jail card) and protection.... They knew this.

Yea its fukked up... But it all boils down to business. And who else was there providing an alternative situation? Neiter better nor worse.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Mind you all of this was over the course of a couple of months...pac wasn't out of jail and signed to Death Row for a year before he passed...the foulest part is that I can only assume a big part of running with them was for protection, and he ends up getting bodied behind some of their local ass gangbang politics anyway... ON TOP of the out of this world rape-job

Exactly damnn :sadcam:shows you how crazy deal can have you fukked..

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Pac had a terrible fukkin' deal. Suge basically saw the man at his most vulnerable, and swooped in to play savior... all the while doing nothing but squeezing every dollar he could get out of him. Suge liked the fact that Pac made lots of music and did movies and drew money to the company. So while making money off of every Pac-connected thing he could, he was also using Pac to foot the bill for every expense there was. Pac was getting fukked BADLY in that deal... but then again, that was to be expected. Even the damn contract was handwritten on a regular ass sheet of paper. Suge knew what he was doing- straight took advantage of this dude when he had no other resources. Knew how bad he wanted out of jail and played on it. Pac would've been in debt something serious, either that or in court with Suge every day had he lived.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Pac had a terrible fukkin' deal. Suge basically saw the man at his most vulnerable, and swooped in to play savior... all the while doing nothing but squeezing every dollar he could get out of him. Suge liked the fact that Pac made lots of music and did movies and drew money to the company. So while making money off of every Pac-connected thing he could, he was also using Pac to foot the bill for every expense there was. Pac was getting fukked BADLY in that deal... but then again, that was to be expected. Even the damn contract was handwritten on a regular ass sheet of paper. Suge knew what he was doing- straight took advantage of this dude when he had no other resources. Knew how bad he wanted out of jail and played on it. Pac would've been in debt something serious, either that or in court with Suge every day had he lived.

:sadcam: and we thought Puff was bad...

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Really confirms that this industry has always been shady. Especially when nikkas actually had the potential to make money, they were getting fukked by labels.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pacs deal wuz bad for a nikka who couldn't complete 3 albums in less than a month:russ:.....Pac probaly saw that 100K in his account and had the :pachaha:....think about it,the book keeping is so outrageous and blaytantly fuked up he could leave at anytime and either sue and WIN based off the ridiculous shyt charged to him he didn't owe....either that or Deathrow woulda had to pay him to keep him which would've been wise as he had become the face of deathrow at that point,a damn near one man promotional team/ceo for deathrow:obama:....he coulda accepted they deal and kept pushin or said fuk it and said let's just call it even and bounced like Dre did and not get what he wuz owed.....it worked out fine for Dre didn't it:heh:?and he wuznt in as good a position popularity wise as Pac back then and certainly couldn't put out albums like Pac....I'm on the fence on what I think about pacs deal,considering how high risk he wuz back then it wuz kindve a blessing if u don't include the dying part:to:....which yeah he wouldn't have been in that situation if not on deathrow,but he could've easily been in another situation without the lack of protection....and nobody forced him to swing on Orlando that night

His deal seem similar to what wuz goin on wit Wayne under Baby when it wuz rumored he wuz gon leave cash money and go with Hov or sumbody else cuz he wuz gettin jerked....Wayne happened to be in his prime and a free agent and Baby and them paid him handsomely to stay and he agreed,alls well that ends well.

Don't know how good biggies deal wuz ,but if he signed a bad deal not knowing he would blow up like he did and wuz desperate at signing he could've been in a bad position....being locked in a deal til 2000 don't sound good either noting his potential....Hov comin in in 98 who's to say Biggie is stilll relevant,could they really coexist in that era?sumbody had to go:manny:...u never know if biggie woulda had that next shot at the big contract he would've earned....I don't know if labels renogiate contracts or not to keep artist happy like in the NFL:manny:

The nother good question might be is who got the shorter end of the stick givin these nikkas contracts and then they die before finishing them out....I gotta go with Suge pretty easily on that one.....as bad as u think Pac got got....Suge basically lost everything giving pac that contract,I wonder if he regrets it...id like to ask him that question

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
Damn and To have to worry about ya money, enemies on ya ass, making music, family, interviews, movies thats a lot on ur plate, the rap game vicious.:ld:

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Puff was getting Big too tho. There's a book about how Biggie used to show up to his shows early to catch Puff stealing from him.:mjpls:

RAX 010

Cold Blooded
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
May our fallen kings forever R.ule. I.n. P.ower

This thread is really seriously making me sad

I Loved these brothers!!!