Who here can't bench above 300

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I mentioned rows. Deads is for releasing of the GH to help the body grow.

Pull ups and chin ups......naw....do DIPS!!!

Dips don't build your back. Squats release GH and test, tax the CNS less than deadlifts, have a lower catastrophic injury rate. :beli:

Neither squats nor deads work the lats outside of using them as stabilizers. Stronger, thicker lats are helpful for pushing the bar during the concentric portion of the bench press. :usure:
Increased GH and test is useles if you still can't complete the lift because the bar is stuck on your fukking chest. :francis:

This ain't the hill you wanna die on. :ufdup:

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Dips don't build your back. Squats release GH and test, tax the CNS less than deadlifts, have a lower catastrophic injury rate. :beli:

Neither squats nor deads work the lats outside of using them as stabilizers. Stronger, thicker lats are helpful for pushing the bar during the concentric portion of the bench press. :usure:
Increased GH and test is useles if you still can't complete the lift because the bar is stuck on your fukking chest. :francis:

This ain't the hill you wanna die on. :ufdup:

Dude...Rows builds the back for the sturdy pressing motion. Pendlay rows is KING.

DIPS help build power and torque for the pressing motion trifecta: Front Delts, Lats, Chest and Triceps.

The deadlifts releases waaaay more GH than Squats. You need boffem. Equally.

You build ya back up with rows and dips. Do ya squats and deadlifts....eat, sleep, lift, repeat.

You gon have a chest that throws 225 for reps

Son Goku

Daps
Dude...Rows builds the back for the sturdy pressing motion. Pendlay rows is KING.

DIPS help build power and torque for the pressing motion trifecta: Front Delts, Lats, Chest and Triceps.

The deadlifts releases waaaay more GH than Squats. You need boffem. Equally.

You build ya back up with rows and dips. Do ya squats and deadlifts....eat, sleep, lift, repeat.

You gon have a chest that throws 225 for reps

Dude....I'm not even sure what you're arguing. The first post that I quoted:
To build a big brnch...you must work your back. Rows and deadlifts....also squats.

Had nothing to do with any other muscles other than your back. You didn't mention GH, test, dips, none of that.

I responded:
Rows, pulldowns, and pull-ups/Chin-ups would be better than deadlifts or squats for bench. :gucci:

And then you started throwing in other shyt that had nothing to do with that first post. :dahell:

africngiant

All Star
Daps
Update: I've been rowing fairly hardcore lately. I only lift to increase rowing endurance and strengthen the muscles needed for rowing. Lot of core and lower back work. Lot of band work and stretching. Trying to maximize energy.

Recently threw two plates on bench and struggled.

Dumbbell Bench: Used to hit 145 sets, now probably maxing at 110 or 115.
Barbell Bench: Used to hit 315 sets, now maxing at probably 225 or 235.

Couldn't be happier. Throw on some Oakleys, hit a boathouse, take out a single hull, or row in pairs/quads/eights.
Surf, mountaineer. Surf ski.

For me, being in the gym all day to build some temporary muscle is far inferior to living an overall sporty type life. In fact, the whole reason I was in the gym initially was to prepare for a great lifestyle, never intended for it to become my lifestyle.

I will say, having hit some of those "higher" numbers in the past probably gave me the closure needed to not care about hitting 'em now.

In short, do what works for you!
do you still deadlift and squat

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
do you still deadlift and squat

Still deadlift (currently maxing around 425). Do some hardcore leg workouts but haven't been squatting. Usually do extensions, hamstring curls, hack squats, romanians, leg press, and a few lunge variations. Again, mostly to build functional strength.

Might begin squatting in 6-8 months.

Son Goku

Daps
I’m at 220lb just made the cut :whew:

Bigger (⏸️) and yet still much weaker than the Great Sage @Son Goku. :shaq:

You not stronk enough to be my gym rival so we friends now. Your new name is @Krillin. :youngsabo:

Edit:
MJ Krillin

Last edited: