Who here can't bench above 300

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
I don't. :unimpressed:

We'll just say I don't know shyt about working out then. :manny:

What you considered heavy weighta (which you "gave up") is prolly what I think of as hoe weights. :yeshrug:

Name your favorite heavyweight fighter. You’ll wont find him working out with tons of tons of heavy weights. They get strong from hitting the heavy bag and doing floor work along with push-ups, dips, pull ups. Some of them chop wood. And of course run a lot. So you gonna tell me Ernie shavers, Mike Tyson, George Forman, Marvin Hagler (not a heavy weights but still) weren’t strong?

Last edited:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Name your favorite heavyweight fighter. You’ll wont find him working out with tons of tons of heavy weights. They get strong from hitting the heavy bag and doing floor work along with push-ups, dips, pull ups. Some of them chop wood. And of course run a lot. So you gonna tell me Ernie shavers, Mike Tyson, George Forman, Marvin Hagler (not a heavy weights but still) weren’t strong?

I don't consider pro boxers with knockout power strong, just like I wouldn't consider a karate dude breaking bricks with his head strong, just gifted at their crafts. :yeshrug:

Imma put you on ignore now so the best of luck with all your athletic endeavors, my random coli guy. :salute:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I’ve pretty much given up on bench press. Gives me shoulder issues and I’m always paranoid of weight imbalance due to bar placement.

But …my chest is my calling card legit makes people think I’m 20lbs heavier than I am. Years of diamond push-ups. And now I do weighted dips

Daps
Haven't bench pressed in ages. I've been largely team calisthenics save for deadlifts, hack squats, and sometimes some accessory dumbbell/cable work.

The most I went for was 315lb, and that was on a bench press smith that was more like a horizontal chest press that you could load with weights. That was maybe a year or so ago. I just do one-handed push-ups now, sometimes with weights, and weighted dips. Much easier on the shoulders and much better for chest/tricep development from my experience.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Who cares? You doing things for them or for yourself?

"Johnny over here used to wake up at 3am, skip 15 times, and run 80 miles."

I work on MY body, I work on MY mind.

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
Who cares? You doing things for them or for yourself?

"Johnny over here used to wake up at 3am, skip 15 times, and run 80 miles."

I work on MY body, I work on MY mind.

What I was trying to say is weightlifting is overrated.

It makes you stiff and Prone to injury. Calisthenics training and combat training is much more functional and efficient. You don’t need a membership in the gym necessarily and you can do it anywhere.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

It makes you stiff and Prone to injury. Calisthenics training and combat training is much more functional and efficient. You don’t need a membership in the gym necessarily and you can do it anywhere.
:rudy: only someone who doesn't know what they're doing says this.

Also some of us here, do both, so what's your excuse.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

And of course you posted no receipts. Negged. :unimpressed:

:rudy: only someone who doesn't know what they're doing says this.

Also some of us here, do both, so what's your excuse.

^This.

https://c.tenor.com/28LPKsfB6mkAAAAC/my-nikka-denzel-washington.gif

@You know damn well come talk to these weak, fatherless muhfuggas.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
And of course you posted no receipts. Negged. :unimpressed:

^This.

My nikka Denzel Washington GIF - My nikka Denzel Washington Training Day -  Discover & Share GIFs

@You know damn well come talk to these weak, fatherless muhfuggas.
:shaq2: they don't even do farmer's carries or even deadlift. Bragging on 25 half ROM push ups but can't lift 2 wheels on any lift.