Who won on Meth vs. Chef

• Total voters

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps

y'all will remember this off the Tical album

basically a battle type track, and I wish the Wu incorporated more of this shyt into their songs

a direct battle between INS and GZA for example would be super dope

anyway, if you listen to the intro instrumental, you'll see it sounds like Guillotine that was on Cuban Linx, and that's because it is! supposedly, both Meth and Rae were fighting to have that beat on their respective albums, and RZA decided to create this track in order to award the victor with the beat for their album.

now based on who the beat ended up going to, I assume RZA and/or whoever decided upon a winner ultimately chose Raekwon

not sure if the above story is true I haven't seen confirmation, so if someone can confirm/de-confirm that would be great also

I'm curious to see what you guys think? who had the better verse on this track?

for me it's Raekwon, not only does he come out more aggressive, which is perfect for this setting, but he also had better lyrics and he actually restricted his flow as if he was part of a boxing match, corresponding to the bell rings and everything

the last line sealed the decision for me, y'all will know what I'm talking about when you hear it
:dame:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
U say Raekwon but isnt there that part where it sounded like he messed up and the beat goes in then out and he comes back?? Rae choked up.

CHAIN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cabo Verde
Meth got that...even though his vocal clarity was trash.

Rae did his thing tho.

"Live direct, yeah you better step, gun shots ring on the set, let's jet!"

It's Ill how Rae caught the melody and floated on that last part of his verse.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
U say Raekwon but isnt there that part where it sounded like he messed up and the beat goes in then out and he comes back?? Rae choked up.

right I thought it was a fukk up but I don't think so if you notice the bell rings so it's as if he's throwing jabs and then has to pause the fight for the end of the round, soon as the round starts again he re-uses that line and completes the verse

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
right I thought it was a fukk up but I don't think so if you notice the bell rings so it's as if he's throwing jabs and then has to pause the fight for the end of the round, soon as the round starts again he re-uses that line and completes the verse

Or....maybe....Rza said "Aww damn, you choked, let me do my little production magic because I'm not trying to pay for another hour of studio time just so u can do ya verse over again so we keeping it and I'll just add some bell rings to play it off"

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
Or....maybe....Rza said "Aww damn, you choked, let me do my little production magic because I'm not trying to pay for another hour of studio time just so u can do ya verse over again so we keeping it and I'll just add some bell rings to play it off"

maybe

but either way Raekwon's sounded better, so I'm going with him, and so did RZA evidently

the Guillotine beat ended up going to Raekwon