Who's parents are the most Strict, AA's, African, or Caribbean.

Which one is the most strict.

• AA's

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Africans

Votes: 71 84.5%
  • Caribbean's

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
I think the more connected you are to the motherland, the more strict your parents are.

The consensus is basically African > Carribean > AA

and that makes consistent sense.

AAs are too removed from their "africancess" due to subsuming cac American culture and living in a colonial state.

Carribeans retain a lot of African culture due to a population that is majority african-desecended and the overall culture is not constructed by cacs.
You foreign cats really feel like special snowflakes don't you :mjgrin:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
think it has more to do with coming from developing nations than "africaness" but i'll let you cook lol

having authoritarian parents isn't a badge of honor btw.

All immigrant people are strict, but clearly people in this thread think Africans are more strict than Carribeans.

And speaking on your second point, I find it weird people find it "authoritarian" for African parents to accept nothing but the highest prestige from their children or the highest grades. Shouldn't we be MORE strict if we want black excellence? People go on about "other factors of life" but those attributes aren't putting black folks at the top.

I know you have to grind to pick with non-AAs off gp, though.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
All immigrant people are strict, but clearly people in this thread think Africans are more strict than Carribeans.

And speaking on your second point, I find it weird people find it "authoritarian" for African parents to accept nothing but the highest prestige from their children or the highest grades. Shouldn't we be MORE strict if we want black excellence? People go on about "other factors of life" but those attributes aren't putting black folks at the top.

Being authoritarian in deciding how your child should go about planning their adulthood with no consideration of talents outside traditional careers and at the expense of social intelligence is not some paradigm...I mean obviously look at their respective countries.

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
AA here, I'm glad I wasn't raised in an Afrikan or Caribbean household when it comes to punishments..I got hit with a belt sometimes and my mom did throw a ton of verbal abuse at me (calls me a dumbass, makes fun of my voice, etc) but overall I was a decent kid

:damn: all these other punishents

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Being authoritarian in deciding how your child should go about planning their adulthood with no consideration of talents outside traditional careers and at the expense of social intelligence is not some paradigm...I mean obviously look at their respective countries.

You sound like you're trying to justifying your liberal arts degree.

"Social intelligence" needed beyond entrepreneurship and networking is ulitmately trivial in the face of this capitalist schism of a world. it also often just means partying.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You sound like you're trying to justifying your liberal arts degree.

"Social intelligence" needed beyond entrepreneurship and networking is ulitmately trivial in the face of this capitalist schism of a world. it also often just means partying.

I can tell you're a lame in real life :pachaha:

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
:mjlol: fukked up but true.

Remember the last time my mom "beat" I was 13 and she was beating me with a hair brush :pachaha:. She was trying her hardest and I just wasn't feeling that shyt, I felt so bad I even tried to cry on purpose.

:birdman::patrice::beli: and she just said fukk it and walked out the room.

Last time I got a beating from my pops I was 16. He had to damn near beat down to even get me in the position to hit my ass with anything. Once he realized how stupid it all looked he just stopped.

Right after that all my parents would ever say is don't fukk up and kim.

My moms once found a bunch of money and some kush when i was 16 and she literally said ":ufdup: if you fukk up you're on your own" and just walked out and acted like nothing happened .:pachaha:
:dead:

broller

Veteran
Daps
True. Most of the time strict parents are a blessing. It's a sign that they give a fukk about you. When I was 13 in the 8th grade my parents wanted me home by 4pm. Other girls in my class could stay out until 3am and their parents wouldn't even ask where they we're. Back then I was envious and tried to rebel and come home a little later. But now when I look back my parents loved me. How can you let you 13 yr old daughter come home at 3am? And I knew what they we're doing- smoking weed, fukking gang members, fukking grown 20+ year old men:francis:, going to parties and drinking alcohol, one even had a 23yr old boyfriend. Letting their daughters be exposed to pedophiles:hhh:.I'm glad my parents cared and wanted me to come home.

word. i remember one episode of family matters where laura and her friend maxine went to some party really late. laura stayed past her curfew and her mom harriet came to the party and told her to come home. laura was so embarrassed and mad at her mom for doing that. later laura and maxine were talking and laura said maxine is lucky because her parents let her stay out. maxine said something to the effect of "when i came home, do you know who was waiting for me? no one. at least your parents care about you and that's why your mom came"

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
African parents tend to be strict in terms of education and having high standards, doing homework, not letting their children hang out and about, not letting them rot away on video games etc etc.

Caribbean parents especially the mothers are more strict in terms of inflicting physical violence they tend to beat their children over stupid things like spilling milk on the kitchen floor and they seem to take pride in "beating" their children funny how they still aren't doing as well academically as the African children.....I find it disgusting

African Americans have no idea how to discipline their children full stop.....

Anyway with that said I think the Africans got it right......
nailed it.

StayOffMe

Pro
Daps
I don't know anyine from the Caribbean but Africans are very strict.
My siblings and I would come home from school eat and then straight to homework that was assigned from school. After that was corrected, my ma would pull out her own assignments. Lol, teachers would mentioned how they saw ma at the bookstore where they bought their teaching material.

When my parents divorced, we didn't go outside for like 4 years...the black kids would clown the hell oit of us...made a jingle and everything.

We didn't spend more than 30 mins on any activity that wasn't pertinent to our education. Ma would tell us there are better ways to utilize our time.

No parties, definitely no sleepovers, and no hanging out at other folks houses.

As an adult, the kids I grew up with still think my Ma is crazy but they respect her. Tell me that she cared. It's true, looking back, a lot of kids moms were on drugs, drunk, and didn't give a damn about them. Whether they were fed, clean, or studious.