Who's parents are the most Strict, AA's, African, or Caribbean.

Which one is the most strict.

• AA's

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Africans

Votes: 71 84.5%
  • Caribbean's

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
In terms of raising their children who's parents are the most strict with rules, punishment, religon, school, getting in trouble in work or school.

Also when it comes to men impressing and courting their daughters who are the most hard to get approval.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I would say Africans. I know that spankings/whoopings are a common in all of our communities but I just feel like Africans expect more from their children than both AA or Caribbeans. After Africans, I'd say Caribbeans though.

Midrash

All Star
Daps
I know my parents were strict but after I saw my African roommate's parents they were on a whole nother level.:merchant: They expected much more of them.

My white friends, most of them have some of the nicest parents but quite a few of them were pushovers. I had a white roommate and he yelling at his mom over the phone "GOSH YOU'RE SO STUPID!!! fukkING JESUS CHRIST!!!!"
That's an automatic making you paraplegic best case scenario where I was raised.Yo ass get them blueprint sands put on you.:hubie:

SchrodingersStrapped!

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.O.G/TMT/GGG/EL CHACAL
Africans, well I'm talking Southern Africans anyway

Walking home from school one day we had a similiar argument low key bragging who can take it the hardest and my mans in the 6th grade told me his dad used to boil the belt in hot water :sadcam:

I had the Chrissy Tegan Face the whole way home....

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
between those choices: idk. i think asians are the most strict bar none.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Fresh off the boat Asians or Asians in their native country gotta be mentioned. Standards are crazy high and they take respect and discipline VERY seriously.

Asians who have been americanized for a few generations are way different and more relaxed though

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Africa is too big of a continent to group as one. I think when people say Africa they tend to mean West Africa (since these are the more visible countries in the US) so then it's usually Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Cameroon (though geographically Central Africa).

To answer the question, I would say West African parents. And with good reason. The US is an easy place to get caught up and lost in, imagine coming from a place like Ghana to the US where you can have anything you want for the right price, its easy to get lost in the cesspool of nonsense, especially for kids.