Who's parents are the most Strict, AA's, African, or Caribbean.

Which one is the most strict.

• AA's

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Africans

Votes: 71 84.5%
  • Caribbean's

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
I'm AA and I grew up around all Caribbeans and my parents a lot of times were the strictest out the group.

I was chilling with my trini homeboy late night one time and he said I had to bounce because he had a female coming through.

I was like :dahell: "nikka ya pops still up and walking around". This nikka was like. ":pachaha: it's cool breh trini parents, actually let you fukk :umad:"

:ohhh::mjcry:

I had to sneak my bytches in because my pops was on that combination of "I'm the only who gonna be fukking in this house" and "No sex before marriage" shyt.

MarcMan

Superstar
Daps
We should stop equating beating a child's ass with strict parenting. If you have to constantly beat your child for them to listen to you then you are failing as a parent. Tangent aside, as an AA I would say Africans easily.

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
AA parents aren't strict at all... Let's keep it real, once they can't solely depend on whooping your ass, they throw their hands up.

:mjlol: fukked up but true.

Remember the last time my mom "beat" I was 13 and she was beating me with a hair brush :pachaha:. She was trying her hardest and I just wasn't feeling that shyt, I felt so bad I even tried to cry on purpose.

:birdman::patrice::beli: and she just said fukk it and walked out the room.

Last time I got a beating from my pops I was 16. He had to damn near beat down to even get me in the position to hit my ass with anything. Once he realized how stupid it all looked he just stopped.

Right after that all my parents would ever say is don't fukk up and kim.

My moms once found a bunch of money and some kush when i was 16 and she literally said ":ufdup: if you fukk up you're on your own" and just walked out and acted like nothing happened .:pachaha:

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
I think.ole time Caribbean parents were strict. Not these new dancehall parents. Ole time Caribbean parents lived under white colonialism, racism, classism, and poverty. They struggled to get out of poverty and in order to get out they knew education would be the key and push their children to get an education. The level of motivation was mostly negative which included physical abuse in the form of ass whoopings which was derived from the brutal punishments Caribbean slaves endured which were far more brutal and unique than to any other slave system

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I would say Africans. I know that spankings/whoopings are a common in all of our communities but I just feel like Africans expect more from their children than both AA or Caribbeans. After Africans, I'd say Caribbeans though.
I'll just put it like this. We'd get our asses whooped if we brought home Cs and just punished if we brought home Bs in school.

So i had no choice but to be an A student.
:mjlol:
:mjcry:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
My parents weren't strict outside of my Dad being an ineffective a$$hole who meted out outlandish punishments with no disciplinary rhyme or reason 'cause he's an idiot:shaq2:, but as strict as I know some Caribbean Parents to be...I've kicked it in a few African Homes and I could smell the fear coming off them kids when Mom/Dad or whomever was in charge stepped in :whoa:. My Vote is for Africans.

..........However Caribbean parents will whup yo ass in public at a moment's notice, though.:ufdup:

I'm talkin' ya mom's looking for you at 10pm wearing only a house coat, no string, only a half slip underneath with curlers in her hair pushing her way into a bashment, with a belt or a switch to tear some poor fool's ass up for sneaking out to go party. It was a common occurrence for the band/dj to "Pull up" and chat shyt on the mic 'cause somebody Mama/Daddy was in a party just beating the general area of the crowd they kid was at until everybody parted and pushed 'em both out.:damn::damn::damn:

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
My Haitian parents were on a another level:stopitslime:
My Haitian brothers and sisters know what I mean:hhh:
Me: I'm going to get McDonald's I'll be right back.

Pops: you don't see what time it is?

Me: it's 5pm :what:

Pops: it's too late, it's dangerous outside. we have bread and peanut butter go eat that.

They were particularly restrictive on me because I'm a girl. They still breath down my neck and I'm 23:stopitslime:

But I heard African parents are worse. They will straight embarrass you in front of the whole school. At least most Haitian parents wait till you get home.