Did u just say MJ=Chris Brown????

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31703-1339784223-14.gif

fukk outta here nikka

And there is no new Prince

wow.. just said the same shyt..lol

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps

Miguel hands down...I saw him live last year. One of the best shows I've seen and can sort of do it all like Prince.

He's not as prolific, and he's obviously not as gifted as Prince in terms of musicianship...but in terms of aura, dancing, performing, you definitely get the Prince vibes from him when you see him live.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
The way this website starting overrating Chris Brown's musical talent after he whooped Rihanna's ass is mind boggling to me
Like I said in another thread where sum other clown said the same thing

Chris Brown never even reached Bobby Brown's level when he was at his peak. So they need to stfu

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The closest thing to an MJ is Beyonce

The closest thing to a Prince is Kanye....Dudes in here talking about Miguel...Miguel aint got no classics albums D'Angelo is a style jacker..Came in the game doing Marvin Gaye, 2nd album he was Prince last album he was Al Green.

Kanye on the other hand is an egotistical weirdo who's music range varies. Musically, he can do a lil bit of this and that . Always original and you cant say he's a biter. Like Prince, Kanye has classics and duds. He's suspect yet always around a bad b*tch.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The closest thing to an MJ is Beyonce

The closest thing to a Prince is Kanye....Dudes in here talking about Miguel...Miguel aint got no classics albums D'Angelo is a style jacker..Came in the game doing Marvin Gaye, 2nd album he was Prince last album he was Al Green.

Kanye on the other hand is an egotistical weirdo who's music range varies. Musically, he can do a lil bit of this and that . Always original and you cant say he's a biter. Like Prince, Kanye has classics and duds. He's suspect yet always around a bad b*tch.

:jbhmm:As far as pure talent level, D'Angelo is closer to Prince than Kanye is. On a pop culture/fame level I can see the Ye comparison but Prince was more universally loved than Kanye, especially be white people.

D'Angelo a style jacker though? Besides Untitled(How Does It Feel) being an homage to Prince(which D openly admitted), I don't see it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye?

Nothing about him is anywhere near Prince caliber. I'd put Andre 3000 before Kanye and that's a reach. Andre 3000 produces and plays multiple instruments. People don't even know he played on Love Below:

André Benjamin – soloist, vocals, background vocals, acoustic and electric guitar, piano, keyboards, tenor sax, programming, producer

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:jbhmm:As far as pure talent level, D'Angelo is closer to Prince than Kanye is. On a pop culture/fame level I can see the Ye comparison but Prince was more universally loved than Kanye, especially be white people.

D'Angelo a style jacker though? Besides Untitled(How Does It Feel) being an homage to Prince(which D openly admitted), I don't see it.

I disagree....Kanye edges D'angelo talentwise because D'angelo is stuck in one genre...R&B...where as Prince did New Wave, pop rock, and R&B...Kanye also falls in that same cetegory of variety..He can do R&B, Hip Hop, pop and EdM

Kanye is more acknowledged by White people over D'angelo

Prince had that "Bad boy" image on him in the early/mid 80/s Kanye has that "a$$hole" aura thing on him...D'angelo doesnt really have either D'angelo doesnt have a "bad boy" or an "a$$hole" image.

Kanye is more back to back with his music...even if it isnt an album Kanye is doing some sort of project to where u see him every year...Kinda like Prince back in the day. D'angelo comes once in a while like Haileys Comet.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kanye?

Nothing about him is anywhere near Prince caliber. I'd put Andre 3000 before Kanye and that's a reach. Andre 3000 produces and plays multiple instruments. People don't even know he played on Love Below:

André Benjamin – soloist, vocals, background vocals, acoustic and electric guitar, piano, keyboards, tenor sax, programming, producer

Andre and Prince?
:martin:

How many classic solo albums does Andre have??

What 2 man group was Prince in??

Andre 3000's legacy is with being in a group NOT AS A SOLO

I honestly think Pharrell is the closest thing.
guys want to be him, etc.

:mjlol: I have yet to meet the man who wants to be like peanut head Pharrell.

with that said...

How many universally accepted classic solo albums does Pharrel have???

:sas2:

Again...Kanye is the closest thing to Prince this generation ever will see.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Andre and Prince?
:martin:

How many classic solo albums does Andre have??

What 2 man group was Prince in??

Andre 3000's legacy is with being in a group NOT AS A SOLO

I'm talking artistically. Personally, neither Kanye or Andre are close to Prince, but between the two Andre 3000 is more feasible than Ye. Where one could say Andre 3000 has no solo albums, what does Kanye have to offer as a solo artist that makes him comparable to Prince? Prince sings, produces, and plays multiple instruments. Not to mention he's also written for himself and other artists.