Whose family tree/pedigree is 50 from? RUNDMC or NWA?

If you were writing a book about hip hop family trees, would 50 go under RUNDMC or NWA?

• Kings from Queens, from Queens comes Kings

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • started this gangsta shyt, and this is the MFing thanks I get?

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
Both in a way, definitely more under Run-DMC...

As mentioned, 50 came to Jay just rapping and didn't know how to put songs together, which he was taught. By the time he signed with Aftermath, he was a complete product that needed marketing and exposure.

Nah you don't go into Dres orbit at that stage in your career as a complete product, complete product he was after Dre got his hands on him

50 is a unique case. Usually, the person you get put on under is the one you come up and then blow up under. With 50, he experienced both with different people

Real answer is he belongs to both, although definitely more of a JMJ than Dre if we had to favour one over the other

This would've been different if 50 did a one album collabo like Xzibit for example. Yes he's Dre affiliated, but that was one period of his career, he was 2 albums in already. Even then Dre gets some association, but he's Likwit Crew not NWA tree.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Wouldn't be rapping without JMH

Wouldn't have blown up without Em

It shouldn't have to solely be 1.
Fixed.

But in reality, it was bubbling 50 was going to be the next star.

I remember a Mtv news clip, with Sway saying there was a bidding war.

But him signing to shady took him to the next level with that marketing machine.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Could have sworn Em literally said he had to ask Dre permission to have 50
????
50 got a lot of coverage before and during the GRODT release. In a few interviews he described Eminem giving him his sales pitch for why he should sign to Shady(including the rollout plan). Dre was known for signing people and puttng them on the backburner. If he expressed interest in 50 first, this would be the first time I heard that.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Nah you don't go into Dres orbit at that stage in your career as a complete product, complete product he was after Dre got his hands on him

50 is a unique case. Usually, the person you get put on under is the one you come up and then blow up under. With 50, he experienced both with different people

Real answer is he belongs to both, although definitely more of a JMJ than Dre if we had to favour one over the other

This would've been different if 50 did a one album collabo like Xzibit for example. Yes he's Dre affiliated, but that was one period of his career, he was 2 albums in already. Even then Dre gets some association, but he's Likwit Crew not NWA tree.
good post

X is under the King Tee family tree

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Jam master Jay had a huge influence on 50 style from 96 till his death in 02. 50 credited him on teaching him how to develop song structures and choruses. 50 was never a nwa product. not even after signing to shady/aftermath.

This here.

50 was a product of JMJ, all day.

Both Jay and 50 talked about how much Jay was helping him develop during the early years. Paired with him with the right producers and worked closely with him on getting better as an MC and performer. 50 always said that a lot of what he's learned about music came from JMJ.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I would say 50 is self-made.

JMJ helped some folks get a look, but I don’t know if he really had enough
of results to say he had a “tree”...and even if he did, 50 distanced himself himself from it
when he and Sticky had that little beef.

He pretty much screamed on Cory and Prince Markie Dee, and they sat on
Power Of The Dollar, so it wouldn’t be right to put him with Trackmasters.

Yeah, 50 blew up with Shady ‘nem, but that’s off the strength of the G-Unit tapes.
It ain’t like Em or Dre “discovered” him.
:ehh: