Whose the most famous black person ever?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Tied between Jesus and Michael Jackson. IMO. Some where in every location on Earth there are people who know Michael and love him. There are also Christians and Muslims everywhere. Because of China and places like that MJ might be barely beating Jesus. Plus chances are somewhere this very moment theres a flash mob dancing to mj

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Michael Jackson hands down. More than Obama even. People all over the world screamed, cried and fainted when he came through like he was some sort of Christ figure. People in Europe, Africa, Middle East etc don't care about Michael Jordan, he's the guy from Space Jam to them.

Just not true, at least for Africa and Europe.

Anyway why are y'all putting "Jesus" in here? I understand the pro-black talk but most christians go along with the "usual" image of Jesus as a white man, , whether you like or not.

I'd say most famous black person must be Micheal Jackson, Mandela or Obama (even though we all know he's mixed)

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Who isn't "mixed".

Ask people if Obama is mixed, and they'll say he's black and that "Mixed people think they're special" and "that's Whitey techniques to divide black people". We've had endless debates abuot this whole black/mixed thing, it just pisses me off that some black people are quick to hate on mixed people unless it suits them. Just calling Obama "black" makes no sense (and denies the "mixed" reality), but I don't want to open the whole "one-drop" debate again.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Ask people if Obama is mixed, and they'll say he's black and that "Mixed people think they're special" and "that's Whitey techniques to divide black people". We've had endless debates abuot this whole black/mixed thing, it just pisses me off that some black people are quick to hate on mixed people unless it suits them. Just calling Obama "black" makes no sense (and denies the "mixed" reality), but I don't want to open the whole "one-drop" debate again.

why people act like its a one way street.Most Mixed people claim black. Obama is exhibit A

Superstar
Daps
Gotta throw in a vote for Bishop Desmond Tutu. He's at least top 10.

But yeah it's definitely Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan, Barack Obama, Nelson Mandella, Muhammad Ali, MLK Jr. (in that order) before him.

Kobe and Shaq may actually be on the list as well.

And you can't forget about Idi Amin. He's well known too.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
why people act like its a one way street.Most Mixed people claim black. Obama is exhibit A

Never heard him claim he's black as in "not mixed", but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Mixed persons I know "claim" to be mixed, because that's what we are.