Why Americans' 'YOLO' spending spree baffles economists

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
During Covid-19, cryptocurrency and stocks was at its prime

111.jpg

Bitcoin, Ethereum and Dogecoin was turning folks into digital millionaires. Those who missed the slot missed a golden opportunity.

FWIW, the small amount of people who gained substantial wealth from that,pales in comparison to all the people who lost money trying to be an outlier.

some cats have so much of their discretionary income that could've went to something tangible in their day to day life that they are effectively poor cause of it.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think a lot of purchases are being put on credit cards, which is fueling all the spending. I review credit reports from ppl and most aren’t paying their bills. Once that access to credit dries up, spending will slow down.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I think ya'll forgetting that a ridilous amount of wealth went to the top...more than they can save.

That's why senior spending is at a huge high.

This isn't "poor people spending refund checks."

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Dealers got no problem financing Hellcats to Marines making 30K a year :russ:

A lot of times these guys have to give the cars back/refinance cause their command makes them cause they have wild interest rates, and typically used car spots right off base are notorious or just flat out black listed.

Most just buy a used base model, debadge and just drive it like it's an Altima

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I mean, some folks realize they won’t really be able to retire due to rising inflation vs stagnant wage increases, and also realizing that they aren’t gonna make it into their 70s (or even 60s) and shyt, and also realizing that the government is spending recklessly…and they just say “fukk it”. :yeshrug:
exactly the average worker and one with kids 30 and under can forget retirement in the traditonal sense. They're social security benefits are being spent now. Interest rates rising means no home ownership for them. Congress just passed a budget that the GOP was willing to crash for for 2 TRILLION Dollars!! That's the US budger for a year. They even threw in a totally unnecessary and comepletely unexpected COLA at 3.2% I thought that it would be in the neighborhood of 1.2 to 1.8% at best. They're giving away the store. Might as well cop that new Iphone and enjoy the decline.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Hold the fukk up.. the coli told me everyone was broke :dahell:
These dudes have no idea how the economy or basic finances works. These folks saved up for the holidays. It really isn't hard to do and you literally have months and months to do it. Broke boys in here saying folks are spending their retirement.

A bunch of undercover maga on here. So Biden has to always be doing a bad job ie economy is in the tank(numerous threads about this lately).

They never post jack shyt negative about republicans. So obvious.