Why are atheists so overwhelmingly white and male?

Daps
:yeshrug: My observation is that women lean more agnostic then men.

This^ years ago I made the mistake of revealing my atheism to an office full of older black women. They immediately started treating me differently. Lol.
Finding black women to date that aren’t fukking religious is hard and annoying but I’ve managed to do it before. Hate that shyt tho, I’m not converting to any religion to date someone. Religious shyt ruined a relationship for me with a woman who was wife material years back. :francis:

Daps
I am religious but you should know atheism is heavy in East Asia as well, particularly China and Japan. Less so in S. Korea. I would bet the majority of atheists worldwide are East Asian.

Most of them are :yeshrug: about it though and not on some militant atheism like many in the West. Then again, monotheism is a minority view in those countries so they may feel less pressure to get buck.
Not wanting Christian fascists stripping people of their rights Isn’t fukking militancy.

We have a bunch of fukking Christian fundamentalists in the US stripping us of our rights and you think atheists are the militant ones? These people are trying to ban fukking birth control for christs sakes

What atheist is currently in government stripping Christians of their rights due their religion? I’ll wait for that answer :jbhmm:

I swear a bunch of yall don’t live in the same reality as the rest of us when I see stuff like that written on here

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i know plenty of black atheists or at the very least non-religious black people. i would personally classify myself as agnostic. i think millennials are just less religious in general, especially in california, maybe it's still huge in the south. not that i didn't grow up going to church or around older religious people, but most of the people from my generation are not. also a lot of my friends are college educated, not trying to say anything about level of education and religious belief, but i do think it tends to have more atheists.

white people just the ones who are obsessed with it and love to talk about it like it's the most important issue in their life.

belief in god or religion is one of the least important issues in my life. yes i know some people can make arguments that theocrats/theocracy are some of the main problems in our political discourse, especially in this upcoming election, when you look at issues like abortion or the ongoing conflict in gaza/israel, but i tend to believe a lot of the people pushing these things aren't actually religious. they're opportunists using some fanatics. i think an issue like abortion stems from straight up weirdos wanting to have some control over women that isn't necessarily from the bible and i believe the gaza/israel conflict is totally racism based. it actually has a lot less to do with religion than the jews will have you think.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're all atheists to 99.9999% of all other gods that have been invented in history.

If you're religious, the only difference between "an atheist" and you...is literally 1 god.

So, I don't believe in 10,000 gods
And you don't believe in 9,999 gods.

:coffee:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It takes humility to believe in something greater than yourself.
except believing that the creator of the universe knows you personally, and cares about your problems, is the height of arrogance. maybe the most arrogant idea humanity has ever come up with

there's nothing humble about thinking "god" is looking past the death and starvation of 8 billion other people, also every other being in the galaxy, to answer your prayers. you can call that whatever you want, just don't call it humility :pachaha:

Last edited:

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Dunno. As others said, I don't know if that is actually the case. Maybe they make up the most vocal advocates of atheism, but that may just be a western bias. Part of the problem is that there are a lot of non-white countries where blasphemy is treated more seriously so you're less likely to hear from outspoken atheist.

Here is a story from just four days ago where a student was sentenced to Death for blasphemy in Pakistan Pakistan blasphemy: Student sentenced to death over Whatsapp messages

Anyways, as you learn more about human history and understand human systems I don't know how people can't come to the conclusion that religion is just another manifestation of social control. I mean it's literally happening here right now with the rise of "Christian Nationalism" and how it's obvious that the increase aggression in pushing this ideology isn't done because they believe in Jesus so much. But because it's a way to establish a particular order and it's highlighted by the fact some of the biggest advocates of this crap right now are some of the most unchristian people around.

Given all the above, I wonder why more people aren't questioning religious beliefs.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Finding black women to date that aren’t fukking religious is hard and annoying but I’ve managed to do it before. Hate that shyt tho, I’m not converting to any religion to date someone. Religious shyt ruined a relationship for me with a woman who was wife material years back. :francis:
I thought you were were a woman ?

:mindblown:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Not wanting Christian fascists stripping people of their rights Isn’t fukking militancy.

We have a bunch fukking of fukking Christian fundamentalists in the US stripping us of our rights and you think atheists are the militant ones? These people are trying to ban fukking birth control for christs sakes

What atheist is currently in government stripping Christians of their rights due their religion? I’ll wait for that answer :jbhmm:

I swear a bunch of yall don’t live in the same reality as the rest of us when I see stuff like that written on here
One thing I don't understand though is people who claim to be Christian but drink, do drugs, go to the club, have extramarital sex, swear, don't attend church, don't read the Bible regularly, or pray. And then all of a sudden say that they're a Christian when it comes to LGBTQ+ issues or when someone they are dating say that they are atheist. I don't get it. Just say you're non-religious or agnostic if you don't want to be an atheist. Don't say you're a Christian if you do all those things

Btw,I hope you don't think I'm a religious Christian fundie by making this thread. I always agreed with all of your points and ideas and you're one of the coolest posters I know on the Coli. It's just an observation I made.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm not even sure the premise of this thread is all that true. If anything white guys are probably just more likely to be vocal/open about it. Don't have to worry about offending grandma, etc.

I've never cared for religion, even when I was a kid, but it's not some shyt I would bring up at Thanksgiving dinner or make a Youtube video about :heh: