Why are black rap fans so threatened by white rappers?

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I know we said November posters were bad, but these December cats are taking the cake. What a shytty OP.

giphy.gif

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
is it because they are white or the actual music.

when you can listen to music without the image of the person affecting your judgment then you are truly non-biased.
The truth is that Eminem was an exception. Anyone who denies a prime Eminem's talent is a loser :blackye:

However, its undeniable that the rest of them (the majority of them) are :trash: but get on easier than a black artist. The point is that the culture needs to stay where its at. And it won't if we keep having trash white rappers emerge and receive a launching bad from the industry.

Iggy Azalea, G-Eazy, Hoodie Allen, are all :trash: white rappers, and rappers in general. We don't want the culture misrepresented.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Grammy's are based on sales and numbers and shouldn't be the standard award for excellence.
Since when?

No one knows what it's based on, Bieber lost to some Jazz player.
Indie rock band from Canada beat Eminem and Gaga and on.

Kendrick moved exactly as many record as Macklemore and additionally had better reviews than anyone in music, somehow he lost.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
The truth is that Eminem was an exception. Anyone who denies a prime Eminem's talent is a loser :blackye:

However, its undeniable that the rest of them (the majority of them) are :trash: but get on easier than a black artist. The point is that the culture needs to stay where its at. And it won't if we keep having trash white rappers emerge and receive a launching bad from the industry.

Iggy Azalea, G-Eazy, Hoodie Allen, are all :trash: white rappers, and rappers in general. We don't want the culture misrepresented.

so you're saying white people should not be allowed to do hiphop?

is your rage against the commercialization of hiphop and if so, do you not agree blacks are the ones who started to commercialize it to get more money (by recording and performing such records)?

poor rappers should not get a launching pad, I agree - but that is beyond race. black or white - because when you single out whites, you make it seem like you're being a hater and segregationalist.

Farrinto

Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas
Daps
Reppin
Philly
is it because they are white or the actual music.

when you can listen to music without the image of the person affecting your judgment then you are truly non-biased.

I don't really know. I guess it's just that the majority of white rappers who's music that I've heard just have subject matter that doesn't interest me.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I don't really know. I guess it's just that the majority of white rappers who's music that I've heard just have subject matter that doesn't interest me.
that should be the response , it should be about the music - all this image crap is bullshyt. but understand it plays a big part in peoples liking of music.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
if I were white, liked rap, I would listen to Iggy over Nicki on the basis that I cant sing along to lookin ass nikka.

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
Well iggy aint sell shyt and she nominated probably gon win
Nominated for what? When did the Grammy awards list get posted? She is a better marketed Kreyshawn that's it. If she Iggy has a second album I will be shocked since this one isn't even gold yet with multiple videos. People on this site more angry about her than Eric Gardner and Michael Brown put together. Page after page of this bullshyt is disgusting. People act like she doing actual acts of violence against the black community, if making crappy music is a crime okay. Then don't listen, cops killing is more important topic than fukking Iggy and that other has been desperate for attention.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
so you're saying white people should not be allowed to do hiphop?

C'mon cac stop trying to bait me into saying something racist. I just gave the boy Em props, if you're going to do that Im going to encourage someone to drop the ban on you. Either converse or skidaddle.

is your rage against the commercialization of hiphop and if so, do you not agree blacks are the ones who started to commercialize it to get more money (by recording and performing such records)?

Different types of commercialized Hip Hop. Even commercialized Hip-Hop is telling a culture they we all already live.

poor rappers should not get a launching pad, I agree - but that is beyond race. black or white - because when you single out whites, you make it seem like you're being a hater and segregationalist.

Poor rappers do get a launching pad, while they shouldn't. but not to the extent that poor white rappers do. Because white people in general have a different ear for Hip Hop than we do, since the music is derived from our culture, naturally we hear things that you don't. :blackye:

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
I reckon the conspiracy theory that white people will eventually take over hip-hop doesn't even make sense from a logical standpoint.

This implies that there weren't the uh, what you fellers call "cacs" weren't from a lesser extent, involved with it from the get go.

If they truly wanted to white wash the genre then The Beastie Boys would be looked at as The Beatles of hip-hop, which they aren't when you put them up against acts like NWA, Outkast and Wu-Tang Clan.

Vanilla Ice, Marky Mark would've had careers that surpassed the likes and legacies of Nas, Jay-Z, which they don't.

Eminem is probably the only white rapper that has had a truly impactful take on the genre (well deserved) and unfortunately, he's fukking it up for himself by releasing mediocre album after album, thus tarnishing his own legacy.

Also, remember Asher Roth? Lady Sovereignty? These two could've made an impact musically, but as soon as we enter the 2010's....not much of a peep. Yelawolf to me couldn't grab my attention like Odd Future did from 2010-2012.

Now Macklemore, again it's too early to act like he's gonna reign supreme especially when Ryan Lewis isn't going to produce his next album, but just because he won grammy awards doesn't mean shyt and to be a bit of a music snob here if you judge that an artist has merit based on grammy wins then :russ:

Iggy is essentially a replacement for Britney Spears, Christina Agulerria(?) types, I'd say. She's actually gonna get bumped out by Taylor Swift her true competition, like how Nicki somewhat did by Azelia Banks if she keeps up with the mediocrity that she keeps putting out.

While I understand the concern of culture vulturing, when you put all the known white artist doing hip-hop compared to the black, I'm sorry it's like comparing the Cleveland Browns now to the 2002-2004 New England Patriots. It's just not much of a compeition once you take the grammys out of the picture.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
C'mon cac stop trying to bait me into saying something racist. I just gave the boy Em props, if you're going to do that Im going to encourage someone to drop the ban on you. Either converse or skidaddle.

Different types of commercialized Hip Hop. Even commercialized Hip-Hop is telling a culture they we all already live.

Poor rappers do get a launching pad, while they shouldn't. but not to the extent that poor white rappers do. Because white people in general have a different ear for Hip Hop than we do, since the music is derived from our culture, naturally we hear things that you don't. :blackye:

stop being a bytch and answer the questions. You aren't being clear...if you can't be an adult then go cry to a mod about banning me. You sitting there calling me a "cac" you're obviously biased - what does my race have to do with the conversatoin. Stop acting like you're not biased against white people just because you like Em. You're worse than those white people who talk about their black friends...oh you got 1, so doesn't make you unbiased.

Exactly my point, you dislke Iggy cuz she's white and just say that. She raps a commericalized version of rap/hiphop and you already said you're accepting of that.

Why do you care if poor rappers get a launching pad (white or black) if they are marketed to a seperate demographic - if Iggy got a luanching pad in white communities, why does it matter to you?

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Nominated for what? When did the Grammy awards list get posted? She is a better marketed Kreyshawn that's it. If she Iggy has a second album I will be shocked since this one isn't even gold yet with multiple videos. People on this site more angry about her than Eric Gardner and Michael Brown put together. Page after page of this bullshyt is disgusting. People act like she doing actual acts of violence against the black community, if making crappy music is a crime okay. Then don't listen, cops killing is more important topic than fukking Iggy and that other has been desperate for attention.
she's nominated for a Grammy
won an AmA

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I reckon the conspiracy theory that white people will eventually take over hip-hop doesn't even make sense from a logical standpoint.

This implies that there weren't the uh, what you fellers call "cacs" weren't from a lesser extent, involved with it from the get go.

If they truly wanted to white wash the genre then The Beastie Boys would be looked at as The Beatles of hip-hop, which they aren't when you put them up against acts like NWA, Outkast and Wu-Tang Clan.

Vanilla Ice, Marky Mark would've had careers that surpassed the likes and legacies of Nas, Jay-Z, which they don't.

Eminem is probably the only white rapper that has had a truly impactful take on the genre (well deserved) and unfortunately, he's fukking it up for himself by releasing mediocre album after album, thus tarnishing his own legacy.

Also, remember Asher Roth? Lady Sovereignty? These two could've made an impact musically, but as soon as we enter the 2010's....not much of a peep. Yelawolf to me couldn't grab my attention like Odd Future did from 2010-2012.

Now Macklemore, again it's too early to act like he's gonna reign supreme especially when Ryan Lewis isn't going to produce his next album, but just because he won grammy awards doesn't mean shyt and to be a bit of a music snob here if you judge that an artist has merit based on grammy wins then :russ:

Iggy is essentially a replacement for Britney Spears, Christina Agulerria(?) types, I'd say. She's actually gonna get bumped out by Taylor Swift her true competition, like how Nicki somewhat did by Azelia Banks if she keeps up with the mediocrity that she keeps putting out.

While I understand the concern of culture vulturing, when you put all the known white artist doing hip-hop compared to the black, I'm sorry it's like comparing the Cleveland Browns now to the 2002-2004 New England Patriots. It's just not much of a compeition once you take the grammys out of the picture.

except for your replacement sentence , you're on point.

Iggy is eating some Of Nikki's fanbase - and Azelia is not in the same lane of either one of them. Azelia will never sell. NEVER.