Why are black rap fans so threatened by white rappers?

10:31

Superstar
Daps
:demonic: (All you had to do was @ me)

fukk Eminem.

Music standpoint: His content never resonated much with most of us but we accepted him because he's talented. Dr.Dre co-signed him and Rakim gave him props.

Outside of his second album
8 Mile the movie
8 Mile Soundtrack

He's got the discography of an average ass MC. Yet he sold a plethora of records, wins every award and is recognized by the mainstream media as one of the best MCs of all time. :bryan:

Solely because of his privileged :childplease:

His beefs are laughable. He literally spent the majority of his career picking fights with Pop bands and women.

When Ja Rule got under his skin about being white trash and being in love with a Slut and birthing a mini white trash Slut he ran behind his c00ns and dropped some of the most pseudo gangster rap you've heard since Officer Rick.

Hail Mary 2000.... :childplease:

Really CAC? Hail Mary (you've got some nerve. Pac died hating Dr.Dre and would've never gave you the blessing to use his shyt)

Personal stand point: As a black man, I could never respect his use of the word "N_igger" towards black women. A CAC that uses the N word in public uses it in private no matter how much thy try and downplay it.

His doo rag wearing.... :childplease: (mad fukking disrespectful B..) on some Malaboo most wanted shyt
eminem_durag_2.jpg

The Bars about doing black music so selfishly and using it to get his-self wealthy :childplease::demonic:

I gave you pros and cons... Next time just @ a real nikka

Last edited:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
I don't hate white musicians but as it pertains to most genres including HIP HOP: They've been invited and should conduct themselves as so

Pay homage and stay in your place l like Paul Wall. A very likeable and listenable CAC MC.

For the record the Marshal Mathers LP is the only album in Eminem's discography touching this. If you didn't listen I suggest you should. Bubba was nice with it.

51PGYWDBYHL.jpg

Thank the Dungeon Family & Timbaland for introducing him to the game.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I reckon the conspiracy theory that white people will eventually take over hip-hop doesn't even make sense from a logical standpoint.

This implies that there weren't the uh, what you fellers call "cacs" weren't from a lesser extent, involved with it from the get go.

If they truly wanted to white wash the genre then The Beastie Boys would be looked at as The Beatles of hip-hop, which they aren't when you put them up against acts like NWA, Outkast and Wu-Tang Clan.

Vanilla Ice, Marky Mark would've had careers that surpassed the likes and legacies of Nas, Jay-Z, which they don't.

Eminem is probably the only white rapper that has had a truly impactful take on the genre (well deserved) and unfortunately, he's fukking it up for himself by releasing mediocre album after album, thus tarnishing his own legacy.

Also, remember Asher Roth? Lady Sovereignty? These two could've made an impact musically, but as soon as we enter the 2010's....not much of a peep. Yelawolf to me couldn't grab my attention like Odd Future did from 2010-2012.

Now Macklemore, again it's too early to act like he's gonna reign supreme especially when Ryan Lewis isn't going to produce his next album, but just because he won grammy awards doesn't mean shyt and to be a bit of a music snob here if you judge that an artist has merit based on grammy wins then :russ:

Iggy is essentially a replacement for Britney Spears, Christina Agulerria(?) types, I'd say. She's actually gonna get bumped out by Taylor Swift her true competition, like how Nicki somewhat did by Azelia Banks if she keeps up with the mediocrity that she keeps putting out.

While I understand the concern of culture vulturing, when you put all the known white artist doing hip-hop compared to the black, I'm sorry it's like comparing the Cleveland Browns now to the 2002-2004 New England Patriots. It's just not much of a compeition once you take the grammys out of the picture.

:win::banderas:
Perfect post. This is exactly what I was saying but reiterated in depth.

Daps
It can go too far like Searches verse on Gasface. What a weird ass verse for a white dude to spit. Trying way too hard but he didnt get shyt for it cus he had KMD on the track.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Check the jazz section at your local Target or Best Buy if you want to know the answer. All the jazz artists are white. They stole that culture just like they're about to steal this one.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Nominated for what? When did the Grammy awards list get posted? She is a better marketed Kreyshawn that's it. If she Iggy has a second album I will be shocked since this one isn't even gold yet with multiple videos. People on this site more angry about her than Eric Gardner and Michael Brown put together. Page after page of this bullshyt is disgusting. People act like she doing actual acts of violence against the black community, if making crappy music is a crime okay. Then don't listen, cops killing is more important topic than fukking Iggy and that other has been desperate for attention.
Album of the year, and im not even bout to respond to rest of the post, do yo ur research, they gave threads wit thousands of post on mike Brown and garner in the locker room. This forum is for hip hop

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cuz those CaCsuckas are :trash: yet they get accolades, while our rappers get tumbleweed:pacspit:

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
This guy is a god damned Uncle Tom ass ol zip pity do da loving cotton picking c00n. Wtf is he saying why are black people threatened by white rappers? Because hip hop is all we have left you son of a bytch. Why are white people getting upset that the next generation of quarterbacks are mostly if not all black? Why don't white people allow new young black actors and actresses to get new roles instead of giving them all to Denzel Washington and will smith? Why were cars so threatned when Obama won back in 08? You aren't asking those questions though your head is too far shoved up iggy azaleas ass, and don't get me wrong that's a place I'd love to be too but for an entirely different reason :shaq:

You are a fukking c00n and you need to get the fukk out of here.

:camby:

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
this is my perspective on it

anyone can rap, hip hop from its origins included latinos, jews etc

so its not so much that they are not "allowed" to, because that is clearly faulty logic

most people seem to be upset at how the "machine" (labels, execs, corporations, the market) favors said rappers and how they are given accolades over their black/other peers who are equally good and/or qualified

which is a fair complaint imo

but then shyt gets blurred with current social issues and historical context and thus all the controversy and back and forth

edit: take the grammy thing for example, its not so much that "we" need the validation, but if they present themselves as musical authority and more importantly is perceived as such by the masses, when they tell the public Macklemore or Iggy has the best RAP album over other peers who made better critically acclaimed/technically and or sonically better albums ... it is a slap in the face and is framining hip hop in a certain way to pop/casual/other music fans.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
I reckon the conspiracy theory that white people will eventually take over hip-hop doesn't even make sense from a logical standpoint.

This implies that there weren't the uh, what you fellers call "cacs" weren't from a lesser extent, involved with it from the get go.

If they truly wanted to white wash the genre then The Beastie Boys would be looked at as The Beatles of hip-hop, which they aren't when you put them up against acts like NWA, Outkast and Wu-Tang Clan.

i understand what you are saying

but hip hip is a relatively young genre and is definitely not borderline pop culture back then as it is now

and not saying that i necessarily agree with the sentiment - but if one were to believe hip hop is being taken over, it isnt that far fetched or illogical imo

remember rock n roll, jazz, etc didnt just get "taken over" over night

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's always the same argument that black music will be white washed just like Rock N Roll was. If that was the case it would've happened a long time ago with Vanilla Ice, House Of Pain, Eminem, etc. Today in 2014 how many active white rappers are there? Eminem, Macklemore, Iggy, MGK, Mac Miller, Action Bronson, Yelawolf, Logic..... that's 8 mainstream rappers and out of those 8, Em, Mack, Iggy and Miller are the only ones who received real long lasting success. So what's the issue? Plenty of white rappers have come and failed or didn't last (Paul Wall, Asher Roth, Bubba Sparxx, Kreayshawn). So what is the problem? As a black man who likes to view things on both ends rather than one perspective, all this uproar is completely unnecessary. Hip-hop is a lot bigger today than Rock N Roll is. 10-20 years from now there will still be successful black rappers just like there were 10-20 years ago. Why do we constantly have to make something out of nothing? I can understand why Iggy's a bigger issue being that she fakes her black accent and doesn't write her lyrics, but truthfully she's no different than Rick Ross, Dr. Dre, and a lot of other artists. Only difference is, instead of faking their voices, they fake their entire lifestyles and backgrounds to get you to buy and accept their music.

The few white rappers and artists you list here outsell almost all black artists and win an outrageous number of awards per the small white rapper population. That is enough evidence for why no one should support cacs in hip hop. Even a small group of cac rappers get incredible preferential treatment. It's crazy. Why support that fukkkery at all? Rap and hip hop are historically black American genres. Rock is a white genre. Notice all rock artists are white. Rock isn't changing, neither should rap. The path to hell is paved with good intentions, c00n.

Last edited: