Why are people so obsessed with black people playing baseball.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
We have more options these days.

1. Most of our sports idols play basketball or football. They get WAY more respect. Where as baseball, cac's crucified Barry Bonds and you NEVER hear about players like Tony Gwinn or Rickey Henderson. Baseball players also play until they are :flabbynsick:

2. In the NFL and NBA players get their biggest contracts and make the bulk of their money when they're in their 20's. Baseball you have to wait 6 or 7 years.

3. More endorsements in the NFL and NBA.

4. Young black males have a sneaker fetish.

5. NBA and NFL is more popular than MLB and black athletes dominate the sport and are getting money so they need to stop this tomfoonery debate every time they honor Jackie Robinson.

I hate when they try to say black kids don't play baseball because it's expensive with the equipment and all. Don't nobody give a shyt about no baseball.

1. Wait...basketball or football "idols" get way more respect than Jackie Robinson, Willie Mays, or Hank Aaron?
1b. You always hear about Tony Gwynn or Rickey Henderson if your talking to somebody who like baseball.
1c. Isn't the extended career a good thing?

2. What the hell does that matter? Again, see 1c.

3. Show me the receipts.

4. Generalization.

5. What "debate"?
5b. What is "tomfoonery"?

So are they "obsessed" or does "nobody give a shyt about no baseball"? Because those things are different.

Naw fucc it, don't awnser any of this...just don't make anymore baseball threads.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the lack of personality stuff is overblown and no more apparent than in any other sport.

If "lack of personality" turns kids away, then it should be doing it everywhere because none of these sports minus basketball go out of their way to show individuality, and that's done at the expense of anyone giving a damn about the laundry.

The irony is that you tend to get clowned on if you come from a really good school.

Plus Basketball has indivduality because it markets players over teams and theyre only one out of five on the court so they standout more not because nba players are so full of personality

Durant isnt exactly some amazingly charismatic interesting character hes rather generic and dull same with Lebron,or ever try to listen to Melo talk:mjlol: these arent larger then life personalities

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brothas was good at stealing basses back in the day....but the man played it down. The things average brothas was dominate at became less important and less marketed over time.

brothas was running hard to first base and safe on hit you'd think would be automatically an out today.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NBA is not more popular then MLB.

Y'all Nikkas live in a bubble man

most people in the baseball stadiums are white people that go to get drunk. after college and before 30 you seen hoards of white people tailgating and understand nothing of the game. MLB game is seriously a hang-out spot for young white people and old heads that understand the game well.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Because I LOVE N1GGAS. I LOVE N1GGAS BECAUSE N1GGAAAAAASSSS ARE MEEEEE, AND I SHOULD ONLY LOVE THAT WHICH IS MEEEEEE

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
If I'm not mistaken, baseball contracts are the best contracts in all 3 sports. :wtf:[DOUBLEPOST=1397668736][/DOUBLEPOST]
Babe Ruth was half....so was Elvis if we're being real
Ill give you Babe, but Elvis was nothing more than a clone who could sell his product to the predominately racist whites in the south that had a hard time blasting black music. Demographics should explain why he sold more and was so popular. same applies to Em. Sorry.

If a white minority group created a genre in Nigeria, and some Nigerian artists took it, they'd be the biggest shyt in the country despite the art being created by a small group of whites. Im sure it would piss those whites off.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeeeeeaa....We gonna have to talk about that one. Bonds will never ever be in that "class" of black players to fans outside of San Francisco, due to the steroid allegations, trial and not taking shyt from reporters while playing.

I'm not among those who think this way, but it is without a doubt the way most people view him.

Maybe a few old time baseball writers. The younger generation of serious baseball fans give Barry the respect he deserves.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
I think the lack of personality stuff is overblown and no more apparent than in any other sport.

If "lack of personality" turns kids away, then it should be doing it everywhere because none of these sports minus basketball go out of their way to show individuality, and that's done at the expense of anyone giving a damn about the laundry.

The irony is that you tend to get clowned on if you come from a really good school.

Im saying...lol @ baseball being overly stuffy and devoid of personality and passion. In baseball you're allowed to celebrate, taunt, bean, fight, smile etc....all things that will probably get you thrown in prison if you do it in the NFL or NBA.

We've all been over this topic a million times. Baseball lost its "coolness" currency among black youth somewhere in the mid-to late 90s, and as such black participation in baseball fell off a cliff. Its only to our detriment, so I fail to understand why so many people of color celebrate it.

KingJudah

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tilden
We have more options these days.

1. Most of our sports idols play basketball or football. They get WAY more respect. Where as baseball, cac's crucified Barry Bonds and you NEVER hear about players like Tony Gwinn or Rickey Henderson. Baseball players also play until they are :flabbynsick:

2. In the NFL and NBA players get their biggest contracts and make the bulk of their money when they're in their 20's. Baseball you have to wait 6 or 7 years.

3. More endorsements in the NFL and NBA.

4. Young black males have a sneaker fetish.

5. NBA and NFL is more popular than MLB and black athletes dominate the sport and are getting money so they need to stop this tomfoonery debate every time they honor Jackie Robinson.

I hate when they try to say black kids don't play baseball because it's expensive with the equipment and all. Don't nobody give a shyt about no baseball.

Baseball players get paid more and have longer careers than football or basketball players. IMO it's way more worth it for our people to fukk with baseball. Plus when you retire you don't have to worry about parkinsons and alzheimers, never being able to walk right etc like retired NFL players. Yes it takes a long time to get into the league, but once you're there you definitely will be making a lot of money for a long time.