Why are so many skaters pissed off that the next Olympics will have Skateboarding?

Kano

All Star
Daps
Back when I was skating heavy people didn't like the attention. The more popular skateboarding got, the more public places had "no skateboarding" signs or knobs on handrails and ledges.

It's a lifestyle. There's a video of this guy that pretty much summarizes the difference in skating then in comparison to now.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
The whole I don't want skateboarding to get more popular angle is childish. Every person who picks up a skateboard makes it more popular. Every person who makes a video part, or supports their local skate shop makes it more popular. Besides, being a free spirit doesn't pay any pro skaters bills.

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
I don't skateboard, but certain organizations start to fukk up the culture. Look at dogs and the AKC. The AKC pressures people to breed pretty, worthless dogs. All these working breeds that are "purebred" are shytty at their original jobs because breeders kept the pretty one not the dogs who could hunt, smell, or run.

Same thing might happen to skateboarding.

:what::why::mindblown:

Please explain the correlation...

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Because a lot of skateboarders don't consider skate boarding a competitive sport

I'm a huge fan of skateboarders and I've dated one , they tend to like to hang out at a skate park and do tricks together

Not compete
:laff:
"Why are they making us compete mannnn. cant we all just get along :to:"

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
Because a lot of skateboarders don't consider skate boarding a competitive sport

I'm a huge fan of skateboarders and I've dated one , they tend to like to hang out at a skate park and do tricks together

Not compete

False.

nikkas play S.K.A.T.E everyday b.

Skate contests have been a thing since the beginning.

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
The whole I don't want skateboarding to get more popular angle is childish. Every person who picks up a skateboard makes it more popular. Every person who makes a video part, or supports their local skate shop makes it more popular. Besides, being a free spirit doesn't pay any pro skaters bills.

People want to feel like they belong to a "secret" culture or club. It makes them feel superior I was like that about playing the bass/double ,knowing music theory and being apart of the jazz band. It makes you feel superior to people who don't know or "get it". But once something becomes mainstream it brings competition( and innovation) but it also waters it down ( even though skate boarding has been severely mainstream since tony hawk pro skater 2.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
How many of you are actively skating in the street a decent amount?

My homie put out a video last winter snd were filming another one that will be out next fall. If you go to youtube and type wurdenski anteater youll find it.