Why Black Boys Wanna Be Athletes & Rappers

Pdiddy

Superstar
Daps
:ehh: The lifestyle is tempting, even though most wont ever make it

Pdiddy

Superstar
Daps
shyt me too I grew up broke af always either playing sports or doing dumb street shyt with my nikkas :ehh:.

But now I'm making good money in the tech sales field and will be transitioning to full on IT shyt once I do my 902 in 3 weeks:blessed:
Sounds good...So if you had to choose between making $5 mill rapping and a tech career.....which would you pick?

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug: problem is, that life is an illusion, even most legit rich people dont live like that, alotta rappers dont live like this, its all for marketing to get peons (the public) to amire the image and really buy the product, so the rappers really can live that lifestyle...dame and 50 all admitted this

alotta kids chase this illusion and end up in Satan trap, everybody want the throne, but the problem is, there simply isnt one...the crown doesnt exist

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
Because that's all the media portrays of us.

If there were more glorified Black doctors, lawyers, businessmen, etc on TV, we'd want to be that.

It's the only reason I voted for Obama. Young Black men/boys need something else to look up and aspire to.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Because historically having money is new to black people. And the first black people to have big money besides the occasional black actor was the abundance of black athletes and to a lesser extent, black musicians. Then once rap blew up and appealed to poverty hoods, dudes in those hoods seen it as their way to money.

The talk about people should want to be a lawyer, doctor has merit to it. Its because we never seen ourselves in that way cause there was/is not a lot of black lawyers or doctors presented to us.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

If there were more glorified Black doctors, lawyers, businessmen, etc on TV, we'd want to be that.

It's the only reason I voted for Obama. Young Black men/boys need something else to look up and aspire to.

Why did it take so long to post this.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama

jmInHjc.jpg

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
Because historically having money is new to black people. And the first black people to have big money besides the occasional black actor was the abundance of black athletes and to a lesser extent, black musicians. Then once rap blew up and appealed to poverty hoods, dudes in those hoods seen it as their way to money.

The talk about people should want to be a lawyer, doctor has merit to it. Its because we never seen ourselves in that way cause there was/is not a lot of black lawyers or doctors presented to us.
Get rid of this mentality immediately. Understand who controls education & media and realize you have to get most meaningful info independently.

Check for Mansa Musa, the richest man ever.