Why did Kendrick play it safe with " We hate Po Po" line in Grammy performance?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
actually, it's because his music is trash. Trash voice, trash flow, weak beats and weak rhymes. Add 'fraud' on top of that and it's a crazy mixture.
I agree,just had to throw a light truthful jab at him. But yea it's all the above.
He's shytty and tries to get away with his shyttyness by expressing his faux militant ravings for extra credit that he doesnt deserve

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
If I was an artist I'd make a song called "You Nikkaz Ain't Never Happy"

That's the downside of doing anything positive in the black community. It's never good enough.

I'm in a position where I lead a sizable group of black people right now. shyt is beyond frustrating.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Some of y'all almost sound like white people who try to equate "pro-Black" to "anti-White"...

And for the record, almost every pro-Black hip-hop artist who has spoken against racism, supremacy, police brutality, etc... has ALSO turned the mirror around on black people as well. Public Enemy, Pac, KRS, Cube, etc., etc. It's not a bad thing. Honestly, we should be more concerned with how we deal with each other than whether or not they decide to treat us better. Cause honestly, anyone set in their beliefs is only gonna change but so much. We can't change a racist's mind, but we can improve our own shyt and how we address each other as people. But apparently we can't because some of these so-called 'pro-Black' nikkas be quick as hell to criticize another Black man for not meeting their standards.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Just watched the performance, and Kendrick was true to who Kendrick is. The non spoken communication in his set spoke volumes to his knowledge of self, and hopefully sparks the continued path of awakeness black people are experiencing.

Very proud of his performace.
shyt was weak. Only a clown would be impressed

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
No fukks Given. Ya the ones who made him out to be this super revolutionary, who died fighting for the cause. when in reality, as great as he was a talent and mind. He threw all that away over bull shyt.

Kenny is more evolved. The same nikkas Pac died trying to be like, have nothing but respect for Kenny cause Kenny ain't perpetrating
If kenny's more evolved,then maybe he needs to stop sucking pac's dikk so much for attention. And get it how he live. Truth is kendrick is weak and his only real power is his backers. His words are very light

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Hypothetically: If your village is rampant with internal conflict and simultaneously it's being seiged by a neighboring tribe what situation do you handle first? The internal or external?

As somebody from the hood that understands how it got that way...you gotta fortify yourself first. How can you expect to be effective against an outside force if the more immediate threat is standing right next to you? That's just how I see it though.

I don't think it has to be one or the other. Pac was a brilliant brother but I don't agree with blaming the victims of economic warfare. It kind of implies it's an internal issue, something wrong with us...when in reality any people that is deprived of resources and put into a concentrated area will begin to kill one another. There have been numerous experiments done that shows that. It's natural survival tactics. Combine that with the psychological abuse and propaganda waged on us, you get what you see.

It's never one or the other but to pretend like we have no choice but to kill each other over lands and brands we have no stake in is basically a confirmation of racist white talking points that suggest Black inferiority, which is the flip side to white supremacy. Both are false notions but still work in tandem to build psychological walls around everybody who grows up in it, black, white or otherwise.

As for the bold it ain't about blame, it's bout response-ability. People often confuse/conflate the two out of self defense most of the time but the truth of the matter is if it's within your ability to respond...you are responsible.

I grew up in a fukked up environment, with less than ideal parents and role models...a lot of my personal issues and life circumstances can be traced back to that but no matter how much I look back at how I came to be, I am now I'm grown and of sound mind. There is nothing my less than ideal parents or role models can do to RESPOND to where I'm at in my life in the now...that's on me.

Last edited:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
If I was an artist I'd make a song called "You Nikkaz Ain't Never Happy"
@Mr Hate Coffee what you two need to understand is that he brought this on himself. There's nothing wrong with kenny spitting half ass conscious raps. I dont expect everyone to be on the same level. But when you start trying to equate yourself to others whom you're nothing like,what are you REALLY TRYING TO DO?
On one end instead of letting his music speak for itself ,he uses people like 2pac as an attention getter and brainwashing strategy to make people look at him like pac.
But then in interviews when he's took to task about his lyrics he cant even back them up with real convo,he goes into his shell and wants to LET THE MUSIC SPEAK FOR ITSELF.
And can't talk for himself on the very subjects he raps about. He put himself in this situation. NOT THE FANS

Last edited:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Ill tell you one thing

He might be the epitome of mediocre

But i bet you Cole would have said it:sas2:
u know he would have

Cole is worse than Kendrick. He makes these statements on songs and then turns around and trivializes it like he was just joking in the very same song. When he talked about cultural appropriation on "Fire Squad", he followed up the lines with "I'm just playing" which is a huge :whoa:. Then he tried to rationalize it by saying all good jokes contain truth.

:ehh:you might have a point

But i gave him some leeway cause of his presence in ferguson some other movement and Million man march.
He also was in ferguson on the ground and performed a untitled song on letterman and didn't Censor himself like a fukk boy

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
@Mr Hate Coffee what you two need to understand is that he brought this on himself. There's nothing wrong with kenny spitting half ass conscious raps. I dont expect everyone to be on the same level. But when you start trying to equate yourself to others whom you're nothing like,what are you REALLY TRYING TO DO?
On one end instead of letting his music speak for itself ,he uses people like 2pac as an attention getter and brainwashing strategy to make people look at him like pac.
But then in interviews when he's took to task about his lyrics he cant even back them up with real convo,he goes into his shell and wants to LET THE MUSIC SPEAK FOR HIMSELF.
And can't talk for himself on the very subjects he raps about. He put himself in this situation. NOT THE FANS

:whoa: I semi-agree with the premise of this thread. I go back and forth on it.

But one thing I can say with 100% certainty is that nikkas aint never happy.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
:whoa: I semi-agree with the premise of this thread. I go back and forth on it.

But one thing I can say with 100% certainty is that nikkas aint never happy.
THAT'S COOL,but what's your point? Saying "nikkas aint never happy " is acting as if nikkas are supposed to with frauds

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Hypothetically: If your village is rampant with internal conflict and simultaneously it's being seiged by a neighboring tribe what situation do you handle first? The internal or external?

The internal conflict is just a symptom of the external conflicts endearing rampage on your village.
:jbhmm:

Yet it's nothing but cacs at his shows.

They dont hear you though.

You have to remember the coli is not pro black. They just want to be able to laugh and talk shyt about white people from a keyboard.

:what:

The non-spoken communication was him locked in chains like a criminal

This actually goes into one of my disagreements with many on this site about why substance or whatever is needed in rap.

Like why is what Kendrick did applauded? Who doesnt know the prison system is modern day slavery?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
His backtrack was just as authentic as the original statement.
That's the point. Kendrick won't even make himself available to backtrack in anything.

I ain't said shyt about a "vip section" don't be facetious breh :comeon:

Again. It was never about judging anybody. It's about authenticity. Kanye will tell you why he chose that white girl with no fukks given. Kendrick will pretend his non-black girlfriend doesn't exist.

Yes and kendricks strategy is to gain popularity by repeating cliche "pro black" messages that have been approved by the establishment.
One of the best post in this thread

Daps
Reminds me of the time i was at a noz concert and it had to be 90% white. He was doing "Get Down" and I'm ready to hit the :jawalrus: face cause the " throw up ya fist for black power" line is about to come up.

I'm standing there like :lolbron: and this fool noz says, "throw up ya fist for people power" :francis:

I threw my drink in the garbage and left.

iliketurtles

Free Gooch
Daps
Reppin
Free guwop
Duckworth scared of them white folks
2pac and even to some degree Kanye are fearless when it comes to speaking their minds regardless of the consequences this guy is a straight up fake. He even said he wouldn't speak on that stuff because aftermath advised him not to.