Why did Kendrick play it safe with " We hate Po Po" line in Grammy performance?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
u know he would have

He also was in ferguson on the ground and performed a untitled song on letterman and didn't Censor himself like a fukk boy

That still doesn't excuse the fact that he made light of an important subject in a song though. He essentially did worse then censoring himself. He trivialized an issue by backing down and saying he was playing and that it was basically a joke.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
That still doesn't excuse the fact that he made light of an important subject in a song though. He essentially did worse then censoring himself. He trivialized an issue by backing down and saying he was playing and that it was basically a joke.
:francis: U dumb if u heard that line and think he felt it was a joke. Let's not move forward on this

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis: U dumb if u heard that line and think he felt it was a joke. Let's not move forward on this

He said he was just playing right after he said it. Then he said all good jokes contain truth. Those are his words. The line right before he said he was playing was "Watch Iggy win a Grammy as I try to crack a smile". That's basically saying watch them award a white person who snatched the sound and I sit back and try to smile about it.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
He said he was just playing right after he said it. Then he said all good jokes contain truth. Those are his words. The line right before he said he was playing was "Watch Iggy win a Grammy as I try to crack a smile". That's basically saying watch them award a white person who snatched the sound and I sit back and try to smile about it.
:francis: The "I'm just playing" clearly went over your bro. If u can't tell in his voice is a troll voice u shouldn't be listening to hip hop.

U never heard anybody say something, and after say "I'm just playing" they not apologizing cause they already said, they just trying throwing salt in the womb afterwards

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis: The "I'm just playing" clearly went over your bro. If u can't tell in his voice is a troll voice u shouldn't be listening to hip hop.

U never heard anybody say something, and after say "I'm just playing" they not apologizing cause they already said, they just trying throwing salt in the womb afterwards

It clearly went over your head. If somebody says their "just playing", they aren't being facetious. It nullifies saying it in the first place. This isn't the first time, he's done it. He did it on "Villuminati" too with

And I don't mean no disrespect whenever I say fakkit, okay fakkit
Don't be so sensitive
If you want to get fukked in the ass
That's between you and whoever else's dikk it is
Pause, maybe that line was too far
Just a little joke to show how homophobic you are

And who can blame ya
Boy Meets World

When he does this, it begs the question of whether he said "If you want to get fukked in the ass/That's between you and whoever else's dikk it is" and he's apologizing for taking too far vs. apologizing because gay rights advocates would take offense.