Why do black men always have to put on a show and be clowns for everybody?

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
That carefree hedonistic mentality is what will be our downfall one day if it isn’t regulated and checked. You’d never catch a Palestinian showing his teeth for Jews or vice versa. If you’re black in America, you’re in a war by default which means you’re a soldier by default and if you’re a soldier you must conduct yourself accordingly

I’m from Philly and we don’t show our teeth for other races here, shyt is a big no no where I come from. It doesn’t even need to be said. It’s just understood. We’re straight stone faced when dealing with people outside of our race. Down south I know it’s different. nikkas flat out laughing and chopping it up with trump supporters and confederate flag supporters

:russell:I'm calling bullshyt, you sound like a stiff
and of course you turn this into a north vs south thing.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That carefree hedonistic mentality is what will be our downfall one day if it isn’t regulated and checked. You’d never catch a Palestinian showing his teeth for Jews or vice versa. If you’re black in America, you’re in a war by default which means you’re a soldier by default and if you’re a soldier you must conduct yourself accordingly

I’m from Philly and we don’t show our teeth for other races here, shyt is a big no no where I come from. It doesn’t even need to be said. It’s just understood. We’re straight stone faced when dealing with people outside of our race. Down south I know it’s different. nikkas flat out laughing and chopping it up with trump supporters and confederate flag supporters

Agree 100%.
I don't like smiling around cacs, let alone laughing and shucking it up with them (at my own expense).

And i'm not miserable because of it, in fact I would even say it gives me a sense of freedom.

Now if i'm with a few Naija brehs and we are doing some Naija shyt, we aren't gonna stop just cuz some cacs come around and look at us.
But we also aren't going to invite them into whatever we're talking about and enjoying.

We're not friends, so should we fake like we are?

Daps
That mentality is why we are still here tho. These cacs been running the world and still have negative birthrates. So whose really winning? Even soldiers take time to have fun during war.

And that's great your from Philly. You already know my city aint much different. Im not advocating for nikkas to start dancing and singing in front of the first white people they see but I damn sure aint gonna let white folks stop me from being me

You have to be progressive. Back then we didn’t have the numbers to do anything but find ways to cope with our struggle by laughing through the pain. Now we starting to get our numbers up, we can’t just be court jesters for other races forever....read “message for the black man in America” by Elijah Muhammad I think

I don’t know much about Baltimore but one of my coworkers from Salisbury, MD be showing his teeth for white people, making self deprecating jokes about black people and all that :francis:, dude is a straight clown. The rest of us look at him like “what the fukk is wrong with bul :hhh:

Inf1ne

Banned
Daps
You have to be progressive. Back then we didn’t have the numbers to do anything but find ways to cope with our struggle by laughing through the pain. Now we starting to get our numbers up, we can’t just be court jesters for other races forever....read “message for the black man in America” by Elijah Muhammad I think

I don’t know much about Baltimore but one of my coworkers from Salisbury, MD be showing his teeth for white people, making self deprecating jokes about black people and all that :francis:, dude is a straight clown. The rest of us look at him like “what the fukk is wrong with bul :hhh:
Its a way to flip it on them if u bout that life ..I say shyt like "c'mon you know I got ten kids and 3 baby mamasI'm taking off early" they get really scared and uncomfortable then I pause and be like "just fukking witcha"

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child

Salisbury is on the Eastern Shore so you might as well be in North Carolina or somewhere. Baltimore is actually way closer to Philly than Salisbury

But what you just described is some c00n shyt. That's not a good look under any circumstance

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But too many times (from my experience) its a bunch of black men engaging in self-depricating humor for the novelty of cacs like they are some fukkin court jesters.

Everything i'm about to say is shyt that I have heard PERSONALLY years ago when I was starting out in my IT career:

- A black woman was late to one of our L10 meetings and my co-worker (black man) says to the room, "you know us colored folk, we cant be on-time for shyt"
- They installed security cameras near the IT inventory and a black man (same guy) says "shyt they know they coudln't have a black man watching all that without some cameras on him" to the CTO of the company
- A white woman gives her macbook pro to one of my coworkers to fix and he goes "Oh you got the new edition? And you're giving this to me? You do realize i'm black right?"

No bullshyt, and I could go on.

These seem like small harmless things said to just to get a laugh out of cacs... .but why?
Why degrade yourself and your race to get some cacs to smile and goes "haha he's funny"??

The way I was raised, I could never do that.
I don't think the cacs I work with are anywhere near my level of intellect or productivity.
I have 0 reason to ever belittle myself in their presence.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
That's the problem. We are letting cacs dictate how we are supposed to act and behave. Nobody said we don't need to take certain things serious but we only live once. Ill be damned if I spend my short time on this earth pissed off and angry. And it infuriates them that they cant be like us. All stiff and stale. They envy us. Plus this is our planet. We should be dictating this shyt. The first shall be last and the last shall be first
This. Im for the most part a quiet, reserved cat but it takes one time for these cacs to give me a dirty look and ill go outta my way to be ignant. Ill call em out too fukk em, get off my dikk and stop paying me mind :pacspit:

Daps
Salisbury is on the Eastern Shore so you might as well be in North Carolina or somewhere. Baltimore is actually way closer to Philly than Salisbury

But what you just described is some c00n shyt. That's not a good look under any circumstance
honestly I should have probably checked him but dude is 30 years older than me and old enough to be my father so I don’t step to OGs in that fashion.

This. Im for the most part a quiet, reserved cat but it takes one time for these cacs to give me a dirty look and ill go outta my way to be ignant. Ill call em out too fukk em, get off my dikk and stop paying me mind :pacspit:
Confronting someone is different then trying to make them laugh. Nothing wrong with confronting someone for mad dogging you. I’m about to start calling these white bytches out for thinking every black man wants to creep on them

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Twilight zone thread. Usually this would be shytted on with a lot of mjpls smilies, and folks bringing up how everyone else does it. Funny how that works.