Why Do Black Women Use SnapChat Filters That Lighten Their Skin And Eye Color?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
The woman you posted is pro black and pro dark skin?

There's a reason some dark skin women are insecure about their appearance and it correlates to racism.
What are you talking about? I posted an example of the filter being used and its effects, I don't know who the woman in the picture is nor her views on anything.

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
Any of them saying that men lust after women of lighter complexions and how they are perceived as ugly for being darker skinned are hypocrites.
I'm not following your logic..so because a particular group of women uses the same tools available to them that every other group of women uses, it makes them look bad?:ohhh:

So they can't even use a fukking app and it's features for what it was designed for without being singled out, because apparently they're the only race of women that shouldn't be allowed to use it.:mjlol:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
YAWN.

Who doesn't use the flower crown filter? It's number 2 behind the dog filter.
Oh look, use the same excuse every time justifying the behavior.. "everyone does it", "White women do it too!" :mjgrin:

White women aren't complaining that white men lust after light skinned white women and how they don't get no love.

Black women do those things, and then use filters like this that say "Look at me. I'm beautiful when my skin and eyes are lighter".

So who's really perpetuating that light is right?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I'm not following your logic..so because a particular group of women uses the same tools available to them that every other group of women uses, it makes them look bad?:ohhh:

So they can't even use the app and it's features for what it was designed for without being singled out, because apparently they're the only race of women that shouldn't be allowed to use it.:mjlol:
Did you read anything I posted? Did I say anyone can or can't use it?

And I don't care what non black women do because I'm not checking for them.

Keep on simping tho.

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
What are you talking about? I posted an example of the filter being used and its effects, I don't know who the woman in the picture is nor her views on anything.

Why didn't you just post the actually women who were pro black and pro dark skinned while using the filter instead of posting some random woman whose views you know nothing about?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Why didn't you just post the actually women who were pro black and pro dark skinned while using the filter instead of posting some random woman whose views you know nothing about?
That has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

timeless

💜💙💜💙💜💙
Daps
You said the same women talking about being pro-black and pro-dark skin are using a filter to lighten their skin and eyes...which begs the question, is the woman you posted even pro-black or pro-dark skin?

You don't know? Then why use her picture? You would have had a solid article if you posted an example of the hypocrisy using someone who actually did what you're accusing them of. I mean...

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Women don't determine female beauty men do tho. If all men started chasing dark skin girls you might see light brights tanning like in the White community
There are many ways to influence beauty standards upon a group of people. Both men and women can do it.