Why do people from the Ghetto love Lil Boosie so much?

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
because he is a true inspiration to us all.

:wow:

happy-obama-gif.gif

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some people care more about the quality of the content over "success", and TI never had love from the hood at the level Boosie does not even close. Boosie a better artist than any of them dudes you named as far as I'm concerned. Isn't worrying about how much you got or what you sold the very thing that fukked the music up to begin with? Bottom line, Boosie the only one with something to say and the only one that speaks for people that are nowadays hardly represented in Hip Hop.

Like I said. None of them cats compare. Boosie was an artist in the 90s and came up under southern legends and unsung talents. Dude cut from a different cloth, I bet when he get out all that commercial success will find its way to him given the anticipation.

Still missing the point. I ain't say Boosie was better or worse than any of them, I was expanding on Blackthoughts line of thinking that he's in danger of alienating his fanbase if he shows any post-prison intelligence. More commentary on the black community than anything else.

When you're a black introspective rappper you dancing on a very thin line between being real and alienating your fans. Pac and Boosie danced on that line well. Who knows what would happen with their fanbases if Pac didn't die and Boosie didn't do that bid cutting their careers.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Still missing the point. I ain't say Boosie was better or worse than any of them, I was expanding on Blackthoughts line of thinking that he's in danger of alienating his fanbase if he shows any post-prison intelligence. More commentary on the black community than anything else.

When you're a black introspective rappper you dancing on a very thin line between being real and alienating your fans. Pac and Boosie danced on that line well. Who knows what would happen with their fanbases if Pac didn't die and Boosie didn't do that bid cutting their careers.

I don't know anymore than you would know.

All I know is what I've heard from Boosie so far, and that's somebody that kept a balance between social commentary, introspective/motivational shyt, relationships, etc etc. That's why I compare him to Pac, he has the same capacity to balance out his projects and have something for everyone while staying true to him. That's prolly one of the most important aspects of his appeal, dude could kick the shyt you need to hear without coming off preachy or "above you" if that makes sense. Yall expecting him to come out like Mos Def or some shyt the way yall talkin, all I'ma say is let time tell it before yall do. All we got to go on is his track record, and he has everything going for him in regards to not alienating his fanbase.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
They gravitated to Trinidad James initially but they turned on him when they found out he was smarter than what he was presenting. Think of how hot Trinidad James was before you ever heard an interview from him when "All gold everything" 1st dropped.

When he opened up his mouth and showed intellect that was the end of his career. I made a thread about why people turned on Plies and it was for the same reason.

If Plies stayed in character like Ross does and acted like a goon in every interview he would still be relevant today. When Plies first came out the hoes loved that nikka, as soon as he started talking in interviews using common sense and words outside of the average hood bish vocabulary they turned away from him.

Rick Ross is still relevant because he stays in character and hides that college education of his.
not true, nikkaz aint give a fukk bout that all gold everything like that outside the internet, people who didnt see the video not really in love wit the song, outside the "popped a molly on sweatin" line, people was calling dude a 1 hit wonder while the song was super hot

plies was doing interview early in his career, and nobody gave a fukk really cause the music was that good, lets act like bust it baby, becky and all them songs was hugh wit hoes in the hood, dude just lost his male fanbase by catering to mostly females

boosie is the downsouth pac, he brings that same emotions out the people, when i lived in ms and Lafayette and went to clubs these people would become full wit energy when boosie songs dropped, dude had songs that will make the clubs go crazy, songs for women(that dudes can bump), songs about struggle, songs bout losing his grams and pops, songs about him going to jail, songs about fame fukking his life up

all type of shyt

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
not true, nikkaz aint give a fukk bout that all gold everything like that outside the internet[/B], people who didnt see the video not really in love wit the song, outside the "popped a molly on sweatin" line, people was calling dude a 1 hit wonder while the song was super hot

plies was doing interview early in his career, and nobody gave a fukk really cause the music was that good, lets act like bust it baby, becky and all them songs was hugh wit hoes in the hood, dude just lost his male fanbase by catering to mostly females

boosie is the downsouth pac, he brings that same emotions out the people, when i lived in ms and Lafayette and went to clubs these people would become full wit energy when boosie songs dropped, dude had songs that will make the clubs go crazy, songs for women(that dudes can bump), songs about struggle, songs bout losing his grams and pops, songs about him going to jail, songs about fame fukking his life up

all type of shyt
All gold everything was huge outside of the internet. That song was hella popular. And please don't say Boosie is the down south Pac when that nikka don't have 1 uplifting single.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
All gold everything was huge outside of the internet. That song was hella popular. And please don't say Boosie is the down south Pac when that nikka don't have 1 uplifting single.

Singles don't mean shyt. His catalog is 90% street/reality rap..10% party/hoes/ice type shyt.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Yeah, because the 2000s rap game was just like the early-mid 90s. There's more than enough uplifting joints fukk a single his uplifting songs too real to be a single, more than enough uplifting joints. Boosie the down south Pac point blank period. :camby:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps

There's little to no actual evidence to prove this (in reality...all rappers of any and all varieties only have a short run regardless of content)...certainly not the examples you cited...Lupe's ENTIRE initial draw and image was built around him being intelligent and introspective, the fans that he has were won behind that...he alienated them putting out an Alex Da Kid pop record, not by doing what made them fans in the first place...Wale was initially ignored and ended up flopping and getting dropped during his first run as the sneakerhead hypebeast rapper with the Lady Gaga pop single, he GAINED his whole college aged female fanbase off the strength of his mixtape work after that...they like him BECAUSE they think he's "deep", and buy into the whole spoken word poetry thing...Tip's had a career that's spanned the course of an entire decade and was introspective throughout the entirety of it...

Basically the whole premise of the thread is stupid...the reason why Boosie is loved as much as he is BECAUSE of his more thoughtful material...there ain't any shortage of random ratchet acts that could have easily taken boosies spot had his entire appeal been "dumb nikkas in the hood just like ignorant stupid niqqer jiggaboo music...you give them anything else and they'll throw you in the bushes" or whatever stupid ass narrative @Blackthoughts keeps ignoring the constant examples of the real reason boosie is loved so much to keep pushing

Last edited:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
shyt was hugh hipster song, shyt was not bumped by boosie fanbase

i would call these songs uplifting imo

but he more compared to pac wit his passion and the feeling he can give u thru his music

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
There's little to no actual evidence to prove this (in reality...all rappers of any and all varieties only have a short run regardless of content)...certainly not the examples you cited...Lupe's ENTIRE initial draw and image was built around him being intelligent and introspective, the fans that he has were won behind that...he alienated them putting out an Alex Da Kid pop record, not by doing what makes them fans in the first place...Wale was initially ignored and ended up flopping and getting dropped during his first run as the sneakerhead hypebeast rapper with the Lady Gaga pop single, he GAINED his whole college aged female fanbase off the strength of his mixtape work after that...they like BECAUSE they think he's "deep", and by into the whole spoken word poetry thing...Tip's had a career that's spawned the course of an entire decade and was introspective throughout the entirety of it...

Basically the whole premise of the thread is stupid...the reason why Boosie is loved as much as he is BECAUSE of his more thoughtful material...there ain't any shortage of random ratchet acts that could have easily taken boosies spot had his entire appeal been "dumb nikkas in the hood just like ignorant stupid niqqer jiggaboo music...you give them anything else and they'll throw you in the bushes" or whatever stupid ass narrative @Blackthoughts keeps ignoring the constant examples of the real reason boosie is loved so much to keep pushing
You talk as if Boosie drops thought provoking Jewels that can't be attained from nowhere else. Scarface went to jail for a few months and nobody knew nor gave a shyt and he's the King of Jewels next to Pac. You nikkas is giving Boosie waaay too much acclaim as if he's so deep that it goes over my head or something.