Why do people from the Ghetto love Lil Boosie so much?

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
there isn't actual evidence substantiate anything you said either nikka. :comeon: everything here it's all anecdotal or supposition.

Well there are actual metrics

Lupe's was an actual chicago hood dude who got his hands a little dirty yet got 0 love from the hood crowd cause he wore his intelligence on his sleeve. His entire come up was due to notoriously fickle internet rap fans . They turned on him after his second album to ride the next wave as it was starting (Drake), he was lucky to have them that long. It has nothin to do with no pop shyt Meanwhile Cheif Keef came up on that hood crowd in spite of his lack of talent and still eats off them even after dropping the sound that got him his initial appeal.

Wale came up with the same type of fanbase and wasn't a real hood dude to begin with. Biggest difference is his hometown area HATES him because of that. And it's crazy cause dude knows how to craft a song that can be enjoyable to a mainstream black crowd. Yet they get behind nikkas like Fat Trel. If a street nikka like Trel had been the first to blow from the DMV Wale probably wouldn't be hated as much as he is.

The point is these dudes wouldn't have a career if it wasn't for internet fanbases because the hood fanbase is pretty blatantly anti-intellectualism. TI's career is the best example of it. When Trap Muzik dropped he was hottest in the streets and loved heavily and didn't fully cross over till like Paper Trail. But as his music progressed and got more mature he's slowly lost his buzz with that same group to the point where he's an afterthought. Dude used to go plat, now he barely limp to gold. Meanwhile Gucci is probably STILL Livemixtape's most popular artist by the numbers. Jeezy can outsell him these days as well.

That's the thing about it. You don't have to make up a narrative or spin anything. This shyt speaks for itself. And it's way beyond just the music. Kendrick may be the most popular nationally but TDE didn't get love in their hometown, YG is probably still more popular in the streets of Cali. I'd go as far to say if Section 80 had been his major label debut instead of GKMC Kendrick wouldn't have a 3rd of his mainstream fanbase. Anti intellectualism in hiphop is very real

Every single solitary one of those acts you just named, did indeed have hood love...to pretend like they didn't is a fallacious stance, that makes the entirety of the rest of the argument a waste of the time..."the hood" ain't some mindless horde with singular thoughts and opinions, there's muhfukkas with a variety of tastes...obviously different records serve different purposes, so yeah it's not like DJs were throwing Dumb it Down during peak hour in the club...but there were nikkas from the hood that fukked with Lupe BECAUSE of what he brought to the table...you mention Trap Muzik as when Tip was at it his hottest, when it has some of the most introspective and thoughtful records of his career on it...those records are part of the reason he became the hottest, it's what separated him from any other number of acts...the way you described the rest of his career is the very essence of a contrived made up ass narrative...he lost buzz because his music advanced and progressed :heh: ??? It ain't have sh!t to do with him having 2 separate prison stints right dab smack in the middle of career huh? And then cite probable livemixtape stats for gucci (ain't that a website on the "internet" which is 100% mutually exclusive to the "hood" apparently) and ignore Tip's last album went gold and is one of the top 10 or so highest selling rap albums of the past 2 years :pachaha: ...Tip could show up to any hood club in the south right now and shut that b!tch down doing mixtape verses to songs like Let Me Found Out and sh!t

Back to Boosie...the hood fukks with him as much as they do to a large part BECAUSE of his introspection...not despite it

Last edited:

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
Lil Boosie.......:snoop::snoop:

WE OUT CHEA
tumblr_mvehhtmrxp1ryfrfko1_500.gif

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every single solitary one of those acts you just named, did indeed have hood love...to pretend like they didn't is a fallacious stance, that makes the entirety of the rest of the argument a waste of the time...

:heh: Oh really? Even Wale? nikkas was shyttin on him back when he was on local radio in the paint a picture days. He's been going through it for the longest, the hate only got amplified when he got famous.

And TDE in general have commented on the notions that their area don't fukk with them in their music. You just sayin shyt to say shyt

"the hood" ain't some mindless horde with singular thoughts and opinions, there's muhfukkas with a variety of tastes...obviously different records serve different purposes, so yeah it's not like DJs were throwing Dumb it Down during peak hour in the club...but there were nikkas from the hood that fukked with Lupe BECAUSE of what he brought to the table...

:snoop: @ the bold. Go head an keep playing dumb. You know by and large it's a different fanbase as a whole that values different things from artists. I mean look at the thread you're posting in. It's a niche that rap fans generally give the most credibility. The hood love Lupe has gotta be very unvocal minority then. And regardless them nikkas are long gone now

you mention Trap Muzik as when Tip was at it hottest, when it has some of the most introspective and thoughtful records of his career on it...those records are part of the reason he became the hottest, it's what separated him from any other number of acts...the way you described the rest of his career is the very essence of a contrived made up ass narrative...he lost buzz because his music advanced and progressed :heh: ??? It ain't have sh!t to do with him having 2 separate prison stints huh? And then site probable livemixtape stats and ignore Tip's last album went gold and is one of the top 10 or so highest selling rap albums of the past 2 years :pachaha: ...

You really trying to blame it on his bids like Wayne ain't go plat fresh out? (and went gold while he was still in) As if Gucci were effected by it. Was Keef?

Funny enough you mentioned the introspective songs on Trap Muzik.....they were by far the albums least popular singles. Only memorable buzzing single from that album was Rubber band man

We gonna act like TI's hood image aint start getting diluted with the family man TV shows, community outreach projects and such? Like folks ain't start calling him a snitch? Aight nikka :rudy:

LOL @ highest selling rap albums in the past 2 years. Compared to what? shyt is in the top 20 MAYBE. Trouble man got outsold by Ross last 2 albums, Waynes last 2, Nicki's last 2, Jeezy last album, 2chainz first album, Kendrick and so on. Mind you he was going plat as late as Paper Trail.

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all got trolled HARD.... Y'all know how this clown ass nikka gets down. Lol.... The nikka used Boosie to cover up that bullshyt he wanted to push.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
Beanie Sigel spoke on real shyt too and you could even understand it better. That nikka locked down and there's no Free Beans campaign.

Lil Boosie has numerous songs that are relatable to a wide audience of people from different walks of life where as the majority of Beanie Sigal's music is basically just comprised of dope game schemes & street thuggery.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
That nikka is ratchet and gutta and listening to that shyt makes them happier than a pig in slop. The ghetto always love the most ignorant muthafukkas. It's the reason K.Michelle, Tamar Braxton and Nene Leakes appeal to women from the ghetto more than their counterparts on their show. It's the reason they loved Keyshia Cole when she first came out but then turned on her when she started acting classier and got married.
:ehh: pretty much. But I found out that it is blasphemy to diss anyone that is "real" to posters that lived the same way as them. Its sad to say that many people have a self-defeatist mentality that only can relate to the worst of the worst.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
They gravitated to Trinidad James initially but they turned on him when they found out he was smarter than what he was presenting. Think of how hot Trinidad James was before you ever heard an interview from him when "All gold everything" 1st dropped.

When he opened up his mouth and showed intellect that was the end of his career. I made a thread about why people turned on Plies and it was for the same reason.

If Plies stayed in character like Ross does and acted like a goon in every interview he would still be relevant today. When Plies first came out the hoes loved that nikka, as soon as he started talking in interviews using common sense and words outside of the average hood bish vocabulary they turned away from him.

Rick Ross is still relevant because he stays in character and hides that college education of his.

Up that thread. I can contribute.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I know my people from a sociological standpoint. Think of it this way fam, when Juvenile's "Ha" video first dropped why do you think it appealed to so many nikkas in the ghetto? Was that song strong enough to make everybody cop 400 degreez? The imagery in that video and the ignorance in the lyrics is what gravitated to nikkas. My best friend became a Juvenile fan and copped 400 degreez first week when he seen this video

The reason Cash Money was able to knock No Limit off was because they became the new gutta nikkas. No Limit was then seen in contrast as the nikkas that had the money and had the suits on and shyt while CMR was the nikkas still in the hood with the white T's in the projects. I'm telling you fam I can make a rapper that the ghetto loved tomorrow it's not that hard.

:obama: shyt like that is gonna make you a hated poster, but I agree.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
The worse thing Boosie can do is come out smarter than he was when he went it. If that nikka been reading he better not display it or them fans are gone. Let that nikka come out on some socially aware shyt and see what happens to those fans that love him so much. He don't even gotta come out like Shyne, let that nikka come out on some enlightened shyt and watch what happens.

They gonna turn on him if he goes full blown Malcolm X or Nelson Mandela. I can see that happening. God forbid if he makes any Nas "untitled" album that puts away the hood mentality and addresses the prison system in some deep shyt, or if he makes an album filled with uplifting shyt.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
You don't get it. Being locked up for 3 years would change most nikkas that had a chance to do something else. If that nikka did become more educated it would be in his best interest not to display it like Plies did. You and I both know he would "Alienate" his fanbase if he displayed intelligence and started rapping about positivity and start telling these nikkas to stop killing each other and stop selling dope to each other.

Not to me because I'm not a fan. To his fan base displaying intelligence is Euthanasia to his career. They want him the same as he went in. If he comes out using words outside of their vocabulary and expressing cognizance of the violence and shyt in the hood they'll turn on him. I remember when Gucci Mane caught that murder case and did the Allhiphop interview where he was contrite and conscious of the power of his music.

At the time Gucci was considered defeated by Jeezy, the nikka comes out of jail and acts even more ignorant than he was when he went in and the ghetto got back behind him and stopped fukking with Jeezy
. I know my people bruh, I can manufacture an artist y'all nikkas would love tomorrow.

:clap:

lol @ me quoting you so much, but you drop so much truth to this shyt.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
This thread has me listening to Incarcerated again :blessed: