Why do people from the Ghetto love Lil Boosie so much?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
there isn't actual evidence substantiate anything you said either nikka. :comeon: everything here it's all anecdotal or supposition.

Lupe's was an actual chicago hood dude who got his hands a little dirty yet got 0 love from the hood crowd cause he wore his intelligence on his sleeve. His entire come up was due to notoriously fickle internet rap fans. They turned on him after his second album to ride the next wave as it was starting (Drake), he was lucky to have them that long. It has nothin to do with no pop shyt. Meanwhile Cheif Keef came up on that hood crowd Lupe missed in spite of his lack of talent. and still eats off them even after dropping the sound that got him his initial appeal.

Wale came up with the same type of fanbase and wasn't a real hood dude to begin with. Biggest difference is his hometown area HATES him because of that. And it's crazy cause dude knows how to craft a song that can be enjoyable to a mainstream black crowd. Yet they get behind nikkas like Fat Trel. If a street nikka like Trel had been the first to blow from the DMV Wale probably wouldn't be hated as much as he is.

The point is these dudes wouldn't have a career if it wasn't for internet fanbases because the hood fanbase is pretty blatantly anti-intellectualism. TI's career is the best example of it. When Trap Muzik dropped he was hottest in the streets and loved heavily and didn't fully cross over till like Paper Trail. But as his music progressed and got more mature he's slowly lost his buzz with that same group to the point where he's an afterthought. Dude used to go plat, now he barely limp to gold. Meanwhile Gucci is probably STILL Livemixtape's most popular artist by the numbers. Jeezy can outsell him these days as well.

That's the thing about it. You don't have to make up a narrative or spin anything. This shyt speaks for itself. And it's way beyond just the music. Kendrick may be the most popular nationally but TDE didn't get love in their hometown, YG is probably still more popular in the streets of Cali. I'd go as far to say if Section 80 had been his major label debut instead of GKMC Kendrick wouldn't have a 3rd of his mainstream fanbase. Anti intellectualism in hiphop is very real

Yet another two-piece combo in this thread. :clap:

Its the ugly truth, but people got to get to the bottom of the issue.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
They absolutely love that nikka. Even got more support in jail than nikkas that sold more records like C-Murder. I have a theory for what the appeal is but I wanna hear what y'all think about it.

c-murder was past his prime when he got booked. now if he caught that charge around '98, there would be a bigger hoopla. hell, there was alot of hype around it back in '01-03. same with beanie siegal. when he was catching all those cases in his prime.

boosie got sent up in '09, he was right up there with gucci in popularity. those dudes were :ohmy: status down south & in backwoods cities/towns. then you tack on a 5-year bid & a murder trial, and now we have our new pac.

on the flipside, theres hood markets that boosie never reasonated with on that level, thus, theres no big "free boosie" campaign going on in those cities.

That nikka is ratchet and gutta and listening to that shyt makes them happier than a pig in slop. The ghetto always love the most ignorant muthafukkas. It's the reason K.Michelle, Tamar Braxton and Nene Leakes appeal to women from the ghetto more than their counterparts on their show. It's the reason they loved Keyshia Cole when she first came out but then turned on her when she started acting classier and got married.

its not about ignorance.

i mean, im not getting into the reality show examples. most of those shows are built of ignorance.

but musically, keyshia cole's music took a big hit when she fell in love with boobie. its not about her acting "classier". if it was, then people wouldve fell back on her by the 2nd album.

I can create an artist that the ghetto would love today. All I have to do is go find a southern version of Chief Keef and give him a few records that the bishes love and voila. Plies is a perfect example before he started showing intellect. If Plies got locked up after his first album the "Free Plies" campaign would be as big as the "Free Boosie" campaign.

youre low-ballin boosie.

plies and especially chief keef will never be anywhere near as popular as boosie.

theres millions of people that rap about the same chit boosie does, but how many of them were as popular, even before boosie got booked?

boosie is the most electric rapper in the game. when he grabs the mic, its like an event. matched with the fact that his charisma & star-power are off the charts.

Last edited:

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
Boosie and Z-Ro are on that same tier with their fans & content.

Difference is, Ro never had the commercial appeal Boosie had.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
I know my people from a sociological standpoint. Think of it this way fam, when Juvenile's "Ha" video first dropped why do you think it appealed to so many nikkas in the ghetto? Was that song strong enough to make everybody cop 400 degreez? The imagery in that video and the ignorance in the lyrics is what gravitated to nikkas. My best friend became a Juvenile fan and copped 400 degreez first week when he seen this video

The reason Cash Money was able to knock No Limit off was because they became the new gutta nikkas. No Limit was then seen in contrast as the nikkas that had the money and had the suits on and shyt while CMR was the nikkas still in the hood with the white T's in the projects. I'm telling you fam I can make a rapper that the ghetto loved tomorrow it's not that hard.

HA wasnt even the song that sold the album.

and lets not act like cash money didnt put out better music than no limit in '99.

I know for a fact they would've. If that nikka stayed in character like Webbie and Boosie he still would be relevant. You can't tell me nikkas wasn't on that first album. Plies had the nikkas and the bytches with his first album, when he started talking and displaying common sense was when he lost the ghetto. He should've stayed in goon mode in the interviews instead of displaying intellect.

the difference is that webbie & boosie arent characters. and more importantly, their music was better received in their main markets.

aint nobody mad at plies because hes book-smart. thats not what makes him fake.

i dont know about yall, but i spotted plies as a fake the minute that i saw him. it was too obvious. ross always came off as a phoney from the start as well. and im not even concerned with that CO chit because alot of the dirties people in the prisons are the COs themselves.
Ross stays in character tho.

ross' music is much-much more popular than plies. so at the end of the day, it doesnt matter if ross is real or fake. people are gonna bump it anyway, the same way they continued on listening to dr dre in the mid-90s.

The worse thing Boosie can do is come out smarter than he was when he went it. If that nikka been reading he better not display it or them fans are gone. Let that nikka come out on some socially aware shyt and see what happens to those fans that love him so much. He don't even gotta come out like Shyne, let that nikka come out on some enlightened shyt and watch what happens.

you just described 2pac.

:whistle:

Not to me because I'm not a fan. To his fan base displaying intelligence is Euthanasia to his career. They want him the same as he went in. If he comes out using words outside of their vocabulary and expressing cognizance of the violence and shyt in the hood they'll turn on him. I remember when Gucci Mane caught that murder case and did the Allhiphop interview where he was contrite and conscious of the power of his music.

At the time Gucci was considered defeated by Jeezy, the nikka comes out of jail and acts even more ignorant than he was when he went in and the ghetto got back behind him and stopped fukking with Jeezy
. I know my people bruh, I can manufacture an artist y'all nikkas would love tomorrow.

theres alot of hood markets where gucci was never as big as jeezy.

also, i dont recall jeezy ever not being popular or kicked to the curb by his fans.

They don't hear you tho.

Any positive or intelligent rapper gets drowned out, phased out or just straight hated on when people get hip that there is more to them than the ratchet shyt. There are too many examples (look at the careers of Lupe, Plies, Wale, TI etc)

If you want to hold on to both your brain and your fans in hiphop you gotta find a real deep niche with your music .

yall expect people to stay on top forever. yall ignoring the fact that people fall off.

TI's music fell off HARD after '06.
has plies had any good albums after the 1st 2? i dont recall. and even then, he compensated by still dropping a chain of popular singles for a lil bit.
lupe fiasco? he had a nice debut but his music mostly appealed to niche audiences, and its not because of his content.
wale really isnt even a good rapper. lol.

missing the point but I figured you would the moment I typed that. ironically all them nikkas have had more successful rap careers than boosie bad ass, and TI at one point was just as (if not more) loved in the hood.

lol @ TI ever getting as much love in the hood as lil boosie.

:laff:

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
LOL I won't even lie brehs. When I first heard boosie, I was like WTF is this ignorant bullshyt. What is up with his voice!?! Who fukked up his head? But then I went to a hood club and heard "Wipe me down" for the first time....

1236862295_black_guy_dancing.gif
classic song.

i even went to a party full of cacs one time and they were :dj2: to wipe me down.

not to mention i live up north.

db81

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boosie a real nikka, if Ur real then its easy to see that. Plus he is the type of artist that puts his whole life in his music good or bad. U gotta appreciate that as a fan. He said it best, "Im an ordinary person but im paid". That nikka is a certified and that's why all them other rappers be on his dikk.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
c-murder was past his prime when he got booked. now if he caught that charge around '98, there would be a bigger hoopla. hell, there was alot of hype around it back in '01-03. same with beanie siegal. when he was catching all those cases in his prime.

boosie got sent up in '09, he was right up there with gucci in popularity. those dudes were :ohmy: status down south & in backwoods cities/towns. then you tack on a 5-year bid & a murder trial, and now we have our new pac.

on the flipside, theres hood markets that boosie never reasonated with on that level, thus, theres no big "free boosie" campaign going on in those cities.

its not about ignorance.

i mean, im not getting into the reality show examples. most of those shows are built of ignorance.

but musically, keyshia cole's music took a big hit when she fell in love with boobie. its not about her acting "classier". if it was, then people wouldve fell back on her by the 2nd album.

youre low-ballin boosie.

plies and especially chief keef will never be anywhere near as popular as boosie.

theres millions of people that rap about the same chit boosie does, but how many of them were as popular, even before boosie got booked?

boosie is the most electric rapper in the game. when he grabs the mic, its like an event. matched with the fact that his charisma & star-power are off the charts.
Usually when a rapper is as good as you're saying Boosie is their record sales reflect that and they have crossover appeal. Usually when a rapper makes attempts to make hits and are as good as you claim Boosie is when you go to their shows you see people of all races and majority white if they're that good.

DMX is a perfect example of this, dude was a good rapper in his prime and made introspective music as well as some hits for the radio and his concerts had people of all races. Boosie only appeals to the people in the slums bruh. Cacs in Colorado ain't fukking with Boosie yet they'll fukk with Kweli so how do you explain that? Boosie's record sales reflect his fanbase which are people that buy their albums in front of the food spot as opposed to legally purchasing it.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Boosie a real nikka, if Ur real then its easy to see that. Plus he is the type of artist that puts his whole life in his music good or bad. U gotta appreciate that as a fan. He said it best, "Im an ordinary person but im paid". That nikka is a certified and that's why all them other rappers be on his dikk.
It's plenty of real artists that don't get their shyt slapped as much as Boosie does. Like I said before, when I go back to the hood that's all I hear. nikkas and bytches idolize that nikka. It'll break their heart if he comes out on some positivity shyt.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
he's just a real ass nikka. there is zero hollywood in boosie. he keeps it gutta and his lyrics are about everyday life struggles. when I was down in life over money, women, no dad, etc...his music has helped me keep my head up and keep pushin. he's also got that wild side that i loved to death when i was a lil nikka going thru my rugrat phase. he also shows a lot of love to his family, hood, and his brehs....something I always appreciated.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
Usually when a rapper is as good as you're saying Boosie is their record sales reflect that and they have crossover appeal. Usually when a rapper makes attempts to make hits and are as good as you claim Boosie is when you go to their shows you see people of all races and majority white if they're that good.

DMX is a perfect example of this, dude was a good rapper in his prime and made introspective music as well as some hits for the radio and his concerts had people of all races. Boosie only appeals to the people in the slums bruh. Cacs in Colorado ain't fukking with Boosie yet they'll fukk with Kweli so how do you explain that? Boosie's record sales reflect his fanbase which are people that buy their albums in front of the food spot as opposed to legally purchasing it.
your all over the place, now your bringing up record sales when boosie was never a mainstream rapper yet he still got airplay and gold plaques and a few hit records, wipe me down was a gold single off a trill ent group album, webbie also has a gold album, gucci mane never went gold in his life yet he is one of the most loved rappers besides boosie and wayne in the south in the past 10 years.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

Every artist dont have the ability to appeal to the masses, dude just makes music that represents him and it resonates with his fanbase

If he put out some blatant commercial song his fanbase will look at him funny, cause that's not him

Zoom and whip me down was big songs where he stayed true to hisself

Smh at if they have a only black fanbase they can't be that good, u a cornball dog, u never gon get it and that's it

No artist alive atm speak on struggle better, so people going thru that struggle gon feel it more, like he has songs bout losing his pops and grandma, diabetes, raising his kids, songs about the factors in his hood that lead to him being in the street, and how he wish he woulda took the good route like brother

I dont believe u are familiar wit dude music, u can compare him to a gucci or a artist like