Why do people say 'female' much more now?

Micron

Pro
Daps
People have been using female for a long time. It doesn't seem like there is any evidence to support that it is being used more. It bothers feminists, but the ones who are actually feminists in their real lives instead of just online have higher priorities than the use of a noun on the internet.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
I use male and female fairly often.

Been doing it for 20 plus years so why change now?

I try not to say female around certain women, tho.

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
dafuq cares, I'm still not getting how female is pose ta be disrespectful. This is the fake feminist b.s I'm talking about.

cam>

All Star
Daps
They do it because they feel saying "woman" or " lady" would be extending too much respect to a woman.

"Female" is a biological term which can be used for animals or any organism.

"Woman" means female human.

We're talking about a class of men that is largely marginalized, and also quite impressionable even into adulthood, so three things are happening here:

1. They mistakenly believe the label "woman" is a marker of morality, value or respectability. They don't understand that "woman" simply means human female, and is a social classification. They don't know that using biological terms like "female" without a biological context, lets others know they're uneducated.

2. These men from marginalized communities often try to claim whatever power they can. They dont hold socioeconomic power, so language becomes their play of dominance. They insult and denigrate women, and people from other marginalized communities (gay ppl, the disabled etc) to feel a false sense of personal power.

3. They were socialized in communities, or exposed to media, where other men used the term "females". These men are often quite impressionable and undereducated, so theyre not critical about their speech and continue to use that language without introspection.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
They do it because they feel saying "woman" or " lady" would be extending too much respect to a woman.

We're talking about a class of men that is largely marginalized, and also quite impressionable even into adulthood, so three things are happening here:

1. They mistakenly believe the label "woman" is a marker of morality, value or respectability. They don't understand that "woman" simply means human female, and is a social classification. They don't know that using biological terms like "female" without a biological context, lets others know they're uneducated.

2. These men from marginalized communities often try to claim whatever power they can. They dont hold socioeconomic power, so language becomes their play of dominance. They insult and denigrate women, and people from other marginalized communities (gay ppl, the disabled etc) to feel a false sense of personal power.

3. They were socialized in communities, or exposed to media, where other men used the term "females". These men are often quite impressionable and undereducated, so theyre not critical about their speech and continue to use that language without introspection.

:whew:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i've been doing this for a very long time. many of em are old enough but too immature to have me call them a woman or lady. so i call em girls, females or bytches. it is what it is.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

:childplease:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
:mindblown: shyt makes no sense to me. There's thousands of posts over the net where someone goes along the lines of "the man and the females".

What happened to sayin women? It's literally the opposite word.

Pulling out females like its Planet Earth - "the females will congregate south of the border":dahell:

Is this smart dumb shyt to make posts seem more analytic? Whatever it is, stop it. You sound retarded
Thank you. It's the single most goddamn annoying thing on this site.

nikkas is fukking weirdos on here.

You can tell they weird around women too. I would not want alot of these dudes around the women in my life with that attitude. Disrespectful.

:scust: