Why Do So Many Female POCs Choose to Mimic The Valley Girl Accent?

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Africa, center of the world.
Cuz they're c00ns
lol.. straight to the point :russ: I was curious why they choose it over something like maybe a East Coast accent or something. I don't think most people consider it a ''sophisticated'' accent. Even the Asian women I've come across do it too.

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
I hate when BW and gay black men act like that. Black people who identify as non black typically assign white traits to their identity. It's wild.

What I mean is black women aren't black anymore. They're just women. So they're behaving less black to distance themselves from the community which means they're going to talk "proper" and act like a suburban white woman.

It's like those hebrew Israelites. Lol there's a white version and a black version and they believe the same things. It's hilarious.

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Africa, center of the world.
shyt is actually annoying as hell. Why a woman from the midwest and never stepped foot on California soil would speak in that manner is crazy. Phony as shyt. Its not even prominent on television like that so its even more :mindblown:
this exactly.. I even mentioned it above that most people don't even consider it to be ''sophisticated'' accent so it makes no sense why it's the default

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
They tryna be like white women they worship so much. In America a white womens biggest fan is a non white women
giphy.gif