Why Do So Many Female POCs Choose to Mimic The Valley Girl Accent?

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Africa, center of the world.
They ingest too much reality TV...All women on reality and stupid chick sitcoms talk like that.
Its like a dismissive condescending tone..Like how rich white girls in the valley talk to their moms. I think thats how it started in the 80's
:ohhh: damn.. it goes deep breh. I agree on the reality TV too.. cause they've got to be getting the template from somewhere.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Trina from the Braxton family values and Melissa(the gay female) from Love and HIp hop Atlanta. I don't know who talks worse. How the hell you live in Atlanta and talk like a valley girl?

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Man what were Khloe's friends name? Malika and she had a twin sister. But at least they were from Cali
even valley girls dont usually talk like that, but once that show started most bytches started copying how they talked and sounding extra whiny, shyt is so annoying. Basically most women here talk like that now

damn_ese

All Star
Daps
a couple years ago, i went to the mexican consulate to get my mexican passport. this young mexican chick walks in, she had a very native, aztec queen looking face, nice slim body too. :takedat:

. . . . . then she opened her mouth with the . . . . "ohh my god . . can some like tell me where the id line is" basically she was sounding like a kardashian :picard:

freetroit

Banned
Daps
Yup low key hoes love the sound of that voice

And they start doing it subconsciously

Because subconsciously they pretty much all worship white women

ChiefQueen

HBIC
Daps
So, now articulating yourself and speaking properly means that you're mimicking White people living in the Valleys of California? How sad. This mentality is whats pushing Black ppl back. You'll notice as you go up in the education and corporate ladder that everybody is speaking properly.

Last edited:

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Africa, center of the world.
So, now articulating yourself and speaking properly means that you're mimicking White people living in the Valleys of California? How sad. You'll notice as you go up in the education and corporate ladder that everybody is speaking properly.
Feel free to quote me where I said it isn't ''speaking properly''. Never said a word about articulation or enunciation.. I just spoke on how a large number of people adopt an accent that isn't natively theirs. :yeshrug:
And believe me, I spend a lot of time around well educated folks. Myself being one. :rudy:

If the thread subject doesn't concern or appeal to you :camby: