Why Do So Many Female POCs Choose to Mimic The Valley Girl Accent?

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
It's the equivalent of:

hqdefault.jpg

Family Man

Superstar
Daps
Get her back around her family and watch her switch back to Patois quick :lolbron:
Or when her kids piss her off :russ:

My wife and I are Jamaicans too and I know where that wench comes from. That bytch is straight out of the hills of St. Elizabeth.
When she starts that valley girl shyt I'm like :stopitslime: and :martin: and :snoop:the whole time. I can't stand that fake ass bytch - but that's another story.

Daps
People have told me before that I have that accent, honestly I never tried to talk that way. I think it is probably subconsciously picked up from the media and tv

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Africa, center of the world.
Or when her kids piss her off :russ:

My wife and I are Jamaicans too and I know where that wench comes from. That bytch is straight out of the hills of St. Elizabeth.
When she starts that valley girl shyt I'm like :stopitslime: and :martin: the whole time. I can't stand that fake ass bytch - but that's another story.
:mjlol:that first part is real af breh.. a lot of 1st gen immigrants who try and do it end up having some b*stardised version of it that makes you want to avoid them. Met and talked to Chinese and some Zimbabwean girls who used it :picard: and I had to pause halfway through and cut the discussion for my sanity :mjlol:

Last edited:

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Africa, center of the world.
You mean everyday voice or work voice? I wanna laugh hearing how some black people talk at work, knowing that's not their real voice lol.
exactly this :russ:I mean everyday voice though.. I don't tend to kick it with people too much after I hear it but I wouldn't be suprised if they go all the way with it when they're at work

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I hate when BW and gay black men act like that. Black people who identify as non black typically assign white traits to their identity. It's wild.

What I mean is black women aren't black anymore. They're just women. So they're behaving less black to distance themselves from the community which means they're going to talk "proper" and act like a suburban white woman.

It's like those hebrew Israelites. Lol there's a white version and a black version and they believe the same things. It's hilarious.
The fukk:russ: