Why does Conor gas so quickly?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This. Im relatively new to mma, but find it more exciting than boxing. 1 thing I notice is something needs to be done about weight divisions. McGregor is too big for 155 and 145, but probably too small for the 170lb division. I dont know how u fix it,bit thats just crazy. Khabib walks around at damn near 200lbs and is tryin to fight 155lbers :mindblown:

I guess its important to remember ufc/mma is still young amd growing.
There's nothing wrong with the weight divisions, the fighters are trying to get the upper hand by starving themselves and fighting at a lower weight class to get the size advantage. Same day weigh ins would kill all this weight cutting

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
man all mma fighter guys

Conor gassed without grappling after the first round in both diaz fights, they didn't wrestle at all lmao

MMA fighters never fight the same after the first round, they remind me of heavyweight boxers after 6 rounds, they still have energy and can fight, but everything is sloppy, they all get real sloppy after a round, never saw an mma fight where the energy level was the same for 12 rounds

It takes years to be conditioned to fight like that, which is why bro boxers start fighting 4 round fights, then 8 round fights, and work their way up to 12 when their body becomes conditioned

mma doesn't have any type of system in place to build fighters, and also mma training is more modern, when boxing is old school proven shyt that works
you are right. mma is still a baby. much is still trial and error. the best practices are not really set. as evidenced by ronda rousey's flame out, there is a lot of stuff that will get exposed as flawed and hyped over time as the talent pool improves.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
he's called being punched in the body, he takes away your stamina and floyd was landed right hands to his body not jabs lmao,
he really carried mcgregor, this was some wwe shyt, plus Floyd is washed beyond belief, no speed on his punches, this shyt was basically a sparring session

Mcgregor has no punching power what so ever, he got carried by a 40 year old who was 20 pounds lighter than him and has glass for hands
the ref saved him from brain damage,
Really, no punching power?
He doesn't have boxing power becuz he's not a boxer. I didnt see him sit on 1 punch. U sayin he couldnt hirt u if he hit u in the face :jbhmm:
There's nothing wrong with the weight divisions, the fighters are trying to get the upper hand by starving themselves and fighting at a lower weight class to get the size advantage. Same day weigh ins would kill all this weight cutting

Conor seems to be 1 of those people where he would still be underweight for 170 amd too big for 155. They should add another division.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
can u elaborate on this

very intrigued by that

You go in a boxing gym, a real boxing gym, first thing you will notice is a terrible smell worst than anything you ever smelt, then the extreme heat
it is not comfortable to be in a boxing gym

you walk into an mma gym you feel like you are in LA fitness

Boxing training hasn't really changed too much the last 100 years, so there is a system that guarantees results

there is no mma system in place, a specific regime designed to condition the body specifically for the sport

boxing is non stop fast pace explosive movements, mma fighters lift weights like bodybuilders and train cardio like football players, which isn't ideal for combat.

Basketball and Soccor, are really the only sports that could prepare somebody for that type stress
which is Deontay Wilder the heavyweight champion use to be a basketball player before he converted
to boxing, he doesn't even do road work, only swims, but he can go 12

Sergio Martinez started boxing in his early 20's but he was a soccor player, so he was already conditioned
for those fast twitch movements so he made the transition

being conditioned is half the battle in boxing

mma fighters can barely jump rope,

Apex

Banned
Daps
You go in a boxing gym, a real boxing gym, first thing you will notice is a terrible smell worst than anything you ever smelt, then the extreme heat
it is not comfortable to be in a boxing gym

you walk into an mma gym you feel like you are in LA fitness

Boxing training hasn't really changed too much the last 100 years, so there is a system that guarantees results

there is no mma system in place, a specific regime designed to condition the body specifically for the sport

boxing is non stop fast pace explosive movements, mma fighters lift weights like bodybuilders and train cardio like football players, which isn't ideal for combat.

Basketball and Soccor, are really the only sports that could prepare somebody for that type stress
which is Deontay Wilder the heavyweight champion use to be a basketball player before he converted
to boxing, he doesn't even do road work, only swims, but he can go 12

Sergio Martinez started boxing in his early 20's but he was a soccor player, so he was already conditioned
for those fast twitch movements so he made the transition

being conditioned is half the battle in boxing

mma fighters can barely jump rope,
lol this is true. this is what i loved about training boxing. i loved that gritty type of feeling.

i always assumed there were some mma gyms like this too. i guess not.

MMA is very young bro. not only is it young, but its not a "defined" sport. its a variation of different types of sports if u think about it lol. i kinda love that though.

a lot of mma fighters have come out and said that pro wrestling is harder than mma. its probably because of the constant travel + cardiovascular side of wrestling. wrestlers are great when it comes to cardio.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
lol this is true. this is what i loved about training boxing. i loved that gritty type of feeling.

i always assumed there were some mma gyms like this too. i guess not.

MMA is very young bro. not only is it young, but its not a "defined" sport. its a variation of different types of sports if u think about it lol. i kinda love that though.

a lot of mma fighters have come out and said that pro wrestling is harder than mma. its probably because of the constant travel + cardiovascular side of wrestling. wrestlers are great when it comes to cardio.
Conor shoulda trained in Ireland. That ufcpi place is too cozy. He didnt trust his surroundings. He clowned Dos Anjos about that :snoop: