Why does Conor gas so quickly?

Apex

Banned
Daps
Running is always the best.
what would u suggest as a running routine

just run a few miles and add as many miles as u can on a weekly/monthly basis or also increae speed?

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Really, no punching power?
He doesn't have boxing power becuz he's not a boxer. I didnt see him sit on 1 punch. U sayin he couldnt hirt u if he hit u in the face :jbhmm:

Conor seems to be 1 of those people where he would still be underweight for 170 amd too big for 155. They should add another division.

He's not undersized for 155 hes 5'9 walks around at 170. Dudes like Tony Ferguson 5'11 walk around at 200+ can still make 155 easily and work a frenetic pace for 5 rounds. Some people just have bad cardio

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's not undersized for 155 hes 5'9 walks around at 170. Dudes like Tony Ferguson 5'11 walk around at 200+ can still make 155 easily and work a frenetic pace for 5 rounds. Some people just have bad cardio
Gsp is also a guy who cuts massive amounts of weight but his cardio has been good

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
cardio is a focus but it is with different muscle memory. floyd would gas out if he started wrestling tonight for the first time

conor may have some stamina flaws in MMA but he could correct that with fighting at a more natural weight. he is 29 now, his body has reached "grown man strength" and he is going to have to sacrifice more and more to make his smallest weight class.

his stamina flaws in boxing are due entirely to lack of experience. his muscles are not used to boxing, so they are inefficient at it.

I'd rep you if I could, but fantastic point. I've done both and the Muay Thai conditioning I had tremendously gave me more grit for grappling (Judo and Jiujitsu). Once I finished stopped with Muay Thai and Boxing, my cardio was still great for both, but I definitely felt like an edge was lost.

Most importantly, I think discipline and focus really comes into play for the cardio game besides the physical requirements.

can u elaborate on this

very intrigued by that

MMA isn't as universal as boxing (it only came about in the mid-90s) whereas boxing standards have been around for close to a century, meaning Joe Louis and Floyd Mayweather mastered the principles of boxing even though they are separated by decades stylistically speaking. The same cannot be said with Royce Gracie and GSP who are not that far off from each in the timeline, but Gracie would get annihilated in modern MMA.

I can go to any boxing gym in the US or really in the world and expect to find:
Cardio Warm-Ups:
3 Rounds 5 Minutes Jump Rope
Push-Ups @ 1,3,5 Minute Intervals or until failure
Crunches w/ Resistance @ 1,3,5 Intervals or until failure
Pull-Ups (until failure)
Sprinting Drills

Pad Work:
Shadow Boxing
Heavy Bag
Focus Mitts

Sparring:
3-4 Rounds w/ partners of equal levels and as my coaches use to tell me: "If you are better than you're partner, work your offense, if he's better than you, work your defense"

MMA doesn't have that, you have to do these separately:
BJJ
Greco Roman, No-Gi BJJ, Collegiate Wrestling, Judo
Boxing or Muay Thai

THEN go to an MMA class to synthesize a style that suits you. MMA lacks a uniformity because it is trend-based. BJJ initially was the answer, then it was ground-and-pound, striking is making a comeback, then it is something else.

Apex

Banned
Daps
I'd rep you if I could, but fantastic point. I've done both and the Muay Thai conditioning I had tremendously gave me more grit for grappling (Judo and Jiujitsu). Once I finished stopped with Muay Thai and Boxing, my cardio was still great for both, but I definitely felt like an edge was lost.

Most importantly, I think discipline and focus really comes into play for the cardio game besides the physical requirements.

MMA isn't as universal as boxing (it only came about in the mid-90s) whereas boxing standards have been around for close to a century, meaning Joe Louis and Floyd Mayweather mastered the principles of boxing even though they are separated by decades stylistically speaking. The same cannot be said with Royce Gracie and GSP who are not that far off from each in the timeline, but Gracie would get annihilated in modern MMA.

I can go to any boxing gym in the US or really in the world and expect to find:
Cardio Warm-Ups:
3 Rounds 5 Minutes Jump Rope
Push-Ups @ 1,3,5 Minute Intervals or until failure
Crunches w/ Resistance @ 1,3,5 Intervals or until failure
Pull-Ups (until failure)
Sprinting Drills

Pad Work:
Shadow Boxing
Heavy Bag
Focus Mitts

Sparring:
3-4 Rounds w/ partners of equal levels and as my coaches use to tell me: "If you are better than you're partner, work your offense, if he's better than you, work your defense"

MMA doesn't have that, you have to do these separately:
BJJ
Greco Roman, No-Gi BJJ, Collegiate Wrestling, Judo
Boxing or Muay Thai

THEN go to an MMA class to synthesize a style that suits you. MMA lacks a uniformity because it is trend-based. BJJ initially was the answer, then it was ground-and-pound, striking is making a comeback, then it is something else.
You've trained both MMA and boxing?

What did you prefer? What would you recommend others to try? I'm starting pro wrestling training, but I want to incorporate combat in like 3-4 years time.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's nothing wrong with the weight divisions, the fighters are trying to get the upper hand by starving themselves and fighting at a lower weight class to get the size advantage. Same day weigh ins would kill all this weight cutting

Yep this happens in both boxing and mma

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Conor shoulda trained in Ireland. That ufcpi place is too cozy. He didnt trust his surroundings. He clowned Dos Anjos about that :snoop:

Nah he thought training in Vegas would acclimatise his body and living in Vegas probably made more sense from a promotional perspective.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gsp is also a guy who cuts massive amounts of weight but his cardio has been good

GSP is actually at his correct weight class unlike McGregor's coward ass. St-Pierre is 190 max off season, McGregor is 170+ but fought at 145 for most of his UFC career.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But he proved everyone wrong. He made people eat their words after all.

"He won't land a single punch" - Max Kellerman

spongebobparticipationmeme.jpg