Why does Conor gas so quickly?

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You go in a boxing gym, a real boxing gym, first thing you will notice is a terrible smell worst than anything you ever smelt, then the extreme heat
it is not comfortable to be in a boxing gym

you walk into an mma gym you feel like you are in LA fitness

Boxing training hasn't really changed too much the last 100 years, so there is a system that guarantees results

there is no mma system in place, a specific regime designed to condition the body specifically for the sport

boxing is non stop fast pace explosive movements, mma fighters lift weights like bodybuilders and train cardio like football players, which isn't ideal for combat.

Basketball and Soccor, are really the only sports that could prepare somebody for that type stress
which is Deontay Wilder the heavyweight champion use to be a basketball player before he converted
to boxing, he doesn't even do road work, only swims, but he can go 12

Sergio Martinez started boxing in his early 20's but he was a soccor player, so he was already conditioned
for those fast twitch movements so he made the transition

being conditioned is half the battle in boxing

mma fighters can barely jump rope,

I belong to two boxing gyms, one in the UK and the other one is in Nigeria......

The way you train or are taught is exactly the same....

Over the years boxing has narrowed the training plus conditioning to a science.... there are no variations

even when you do roadwork, you can tell when you are out running who the boxers are because whatever the weather they are always covered up wearing a hoodie........ boxing training is designed to make you as hot and as uncomfortable as possible.... i hate running but whatever the weather when I run i wear two hoodies , two t shirts and sometimes a fat suit ..... no water while you run

as i mentioned in another thread you train in such a way that you can still box well while you are tired,

for example usually when you spar its at the end of a heavy workout session rather than at the beginning while you are relatively fresh...

you never usually just spar one person, you might go three rounds with a guy, they tell him to step out and someone else comes in and spars you for another three rounds, so while they are still fresh you are already tiring, then they will tell you to step out afterwards and the first guy goes in to spar the same dude....

there is nothing worse than being so tired that you cant even move out the way when the punches are coming towards your face but thats what we train for, and trust me unless you are really hurt they wont stop the session just because you are getting battered ....

Ive never met a boxer that doesnt look decent in the first couple of rounds.... its after round three you find out who is who

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I belong to two boxing gyms, one in the UK and the other one is in Nigeria......

The way you train or are taught is exactly the same....

Over the years boxing has narrowed the training plus conditioning to a science.... there are no variations

even when you do roadwork, you can tell when you are out running who the boxers are because whatever the weather they are always covered up wearing a hoodie........ boxing training is designed to make you as hot and as uncomfortable as possible.... i hate running but whatever the weather when I run i wear two hoodies , two t shirts and sometimes a fat suit ..... no water while you run

as i mentioned in another thread you train in such a way that you can still box well while you are tired,

for example usually when you spar its at the end of a heavy workout session rather than at the beginning while you are relatively fresh...

you never usually just spar one person, you might go three rounds with a guy, they tell him to step out and someone else comes in and spars you for another three rounds, so while they are still fresh you are already tiring, then they will tell you to step out afterwards and the first guy goes in to spar the same dude....

there is nothing worse than being so tired that you cant even move out the way when the punches are coming towards your face but thats what we train for, and trust me unless you are really hurt they wont stop the session just because you are getting battered ....

Ive never met a boxer that doesnt look decent in the first couple of rounds.... its after round three you find out who is who
Boxing training is like nothing else.

100 degrees outside in a hot ass gym with no ac, in a tight space n coach gonna make sure the door closed.

Show technique
Drill technique foor what seems like forever moxed with random punches, bobs and weaves
Finish drilling then do 3 minutes of calisthetics

Show technique
Repeat

Repeat repeat repeat.

End class with more calisthetics targetting abs.

Spar :mindblown:

Last edited:
Daps
You go in a boxing gym, a real boxing gym, first thing you will notice is a terrible smell worst than anything you ever smelt, then the extreme heat

Boxing training hasn't really changed too much the last 100 years, so there is a system that guarantees results

there is no mma system in place, a specific regime designed to condition the body specifically for the sport

boxing is non stop fast pace explosive movements, mma fighters lift weights like bodybuilders and train cardio like football players, which isn't ideal for combat.

Basketball and Soccor, are really the only sports that could prepare somebody for that type stress
which is Deontay Wilder the heavyweight champion use to be a basketball player before he converted

Sergio Martinez started boxing in his early 20's but he was a soccor player, so he was already conditioned

That sweet smell.:wow:

Tennis can also help to get in fighting shape.

Why

Superstar
Daps
cac genes:yeshrug:
not even being racist.its that simple to me

Daps
I also think Floyd living a clean lifestyle plays a role. Conner probably drinks alcohol and eats greasy food between fights.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Yes I understand that but the topic is why does conner gas so quick.
Weight cutting for 1. Has Mayweather ever drained himself to dehydrate 10lbs and then rehydrate that much? He seems to always be fighting at his walk around weight. Hopkins was the same way. I'd be curious to see scientific data on guys dropping that much weight as McGregor does. It cant help.

Apex

Banned
Daps

God damn. I think I'm going to incorporate this into my wrestling training. That's dope.

How long have you been boxing? Have you done amateur/pro fights?

What are your thoughts on MMA?

Apex

Banned
Daps
A thread like this makes u appreciate Sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, Hagler, and the resdt of the elite 15 round guys.
Workhorses.

You have to force yourself to run and run and run. Running becomes like breathing.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G