Why I think NBA jerseys are being ruined

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Agreed. Those jerseys were getting clowned the moment they dropped. Even the TNT crew was cutting up on the ugliness. Grant Hill even hated them, and Grant Hill doesn't hate anything.
Lucky for us they're bringing them back lol

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Soccer has the best jerseys by far

They actually allow soccer clubs to be innovative and creative with they designs.

American sports jerseys are always bland

Especially the past 20 years

How creative can you be with a giant ass Emirates Fly Better plastered on the chest. That shyt looks awful. Do they sell jerseys without the ad?

One of thing I don’t like about soccer joints is that the away colors seem to change all the time. One year a team is wearing green then the next year it’s baby blue. Wtf!

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Overall I agree
Even if the jerseys weren't celebrated in real time, they were unique enough that there can even be nostalgia around the uniqueness of the design
I don't ever see myself caring about this jersey for instance no matter how much time passes :
a0a2011437597701a651135f6e353062-original.jpg

When I play 2K I usually cycle through the jerseys to spice it up and the creativity of the designs between eras really stands out

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
theres tons of teams (detroit, indiana, Raptors etc) that kinda needed design and typography changes so I aint as mad at it.

All this is to increase merch sales and get people more invested into teams that arent just big city/championship teams. Theres even talks of having an in-season tournament as well and giving more opportunities for shyt teams to show any kind of success is paramount for this sport.

Fandom gets spread too thin when its only Lakers, lebron or the Warriors winning championships.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Soccer has the best jerseys by far

They actually allow soccer clubs to be innovative and creative with they designs.

American sports jerseys are always bland

Especially the past 20 years

You aren't wrong. USA/MLS clubs aren't too creative with their jerseys, but the lower league in the USA are some of the most innovative when it comes to creating unique jerseys.

FSuK2YuWQAUjvlh

FPnT0HaVcAQJyA8.jpg

1_f586707f-d718-4aff-8f86-1f81cd15b864_1200x1200.png

forward-madison-kits.jpg

EYt7c-NXgAEN1SP