Why Is Adele Getting Play on Hip-Hop Stations???

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Pop isn't a a genre
pop stations = top 40 ie popular cuts, why would they play artists like thread who aren't charting, tyrese isn't getting play from urban format and the type of music he makes isn't even getting spins from what would normally be the audience for r&b. A segment of Black Women 28-44 heard that album, bet. Black folks have abandoned traditional r&b and to support the misogynistic thugged out drugged out bullshyt from these auto tune singing idiots...no way artists like tank, tyrese, sevyn streeter, faith Evans, etc see a top 40 stations. In the 80's-90's, r&b dominated the pop charts...

Hurts to say it's the truth :francis:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
You got it all wrong breh...

I gurantee you if "HELLO" was sung by any of the neo soul singers we got right now such as Estelle or Lalah Hathaway or any woman of color for that matter

it wouldn't have GOT HALF THE ATTENTION that ADELE is getting............

we got THOUSANDS of BLACK SINGERS that WILL BLOW ADELE out the water when it comes to singing...

SHAME by TYRESE is one of the most soulful songs of the past few years..and HE CAN HARDLY EVEN GET IT PLAYED ON THESE SO CALLED "URBAN STATIONS" yet THEY WILL PLAY ADELE...

HOW DA FUKK ADELE GETS PLAYED ON HOT 97...yet TYRESE CANT'?!?!??!?

SEE WHERE IM GOING WITH THIS?

ADELE is the ELVIS IN DRAG for this generation....a WHITE WOMAN WITH A BEAUTIFUL STRONG SOULFUL voice.........

that's all these muthaphuking "talent shows" like AMERICAN IDOL and the VOICE been promoting....a WHITE PERSON with the VOICE OF A BLACK PERSON..

They find that EXTREMLY MARKETABLE.....same with finding a WHITE QUARTERBACK who could his monkey azz all over the field like a MIKE VICK or a CAM NEWTON...

Any reason to not deal with our black azzess...before it was we can "tolerate" the dancing singing NEGRO...but once the dancing singing negro starting getting $$$ in the game and challenging the status quo .....

it's like FUKK DA DANCING SINGING NEGRO....cause he or she don't wanna JIG for pennies no moe....

let's train our own (slim jesus, sam smith) to do what they naturally do...

here's my favorite R&B singers

Keyshia Cole (i feel like she never gets that much respect)
Alicia Keys (she's basically a legendary R&B singer in NY)
Ashanti (she was dope as shyt, sadly everyone was turning on Murder Inc and she basically dissapeared)
Mary J Blige (another NY R&B legend)

sadly none of these actually getting play or even making it onto radio unless it's some throwback at noon shyt. i don't listen to Adele but she got people listening to her shyt. times change, everyone is praising her. i give it to her for not using gimmicks and other dumb shyt to sell records. she fades away then comes back and smashes the charts.

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Contrary to what you think, a lot of black ppl like Adele, and black consumers dictate urban radio. Bieber has been tryin to get syndicated on urban radio forever and it's still not really happening for him. What kind of question is "HOW DA FUKK ADELE GETS PLAYED ON HOT 97...yet TYRESE CANT'?!?!??!?" :why:? Because the ppl who listen to hot 87 don't wan to listen to Tyrese. Simple.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
black people we need to stop GIVING away our music to these people. why are we always so excited to see whites imitate and monetize off of us? enough is enough, stop supporting these clowns. they can't do anything a black artist could do. period.

B b but zi just want white women and fast money :snoop:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
because HIP HOP stations are NOT black stations...

we don't own shyt.....the bulk of these "radio personatlies look like this"

ebro2.jpg

so why yall so shocked???

black radio hasn't represented the community since WBLS got sold by the Percy Sutton family of harlem to a big media conglomerate...

EMMIS BROADCASTING and CLEAR CHANNEL don't give a rat's azz about your culture

Which is why I'm confused at nikkas defending hip-hop in 2016. This shyt don't belong to us anymore, we're just the face of it.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
here's my favorite R&B singers

Keyshia Cole (i feel like she never gets that much respect)
Alicia Keys (she's basically a legendary R&B singer in NY)
Ashanti (she was dope as shyt, sadly everyone was turning on Murder Inc and she basically dissapeared)
Mary J Blige (another NY R&B legend)

sadly none of these actually getting play or even making it onto radio unless it's some throwback at noon shyt. i don't listen to Adele but she got people listening to her shyt. times change, everyone is praising her. i give it to her for not using gimmicks and other dumb shyt to sell records. she fades away then comes back and smashes the charts.

:why: fukk this got to do with NY??!?!?

nikka we talking about SOUL MUSIC a universal language

uhh have you heard of a singer named JILL SCOTT??.....

JILL SCOTT has been giving us quality music without the gimmicks and hype ........... yet she hardly gets ANY BURN on these "so-called" black radio stations...

and to mainstream (white) radio ..she is just another big black lady with a great voice.....

shyt is fukked up mane..and u ain't even know it...

listen to this shyt..TELL ME THIS AIN'T DOPE!!!

it's mindboggling how this was never pushed as a single and got no burn from Radio :mindblowing:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
at least it's not like the trash Rihanna was making with bytch Better Have My Money. this is why Adele got people listening to her shyt.

Im not gonna say that's the reason because a white person making "bytch better have my money" might have blown up. It's closer to what Ski just posted

You got it all wrong breh...

I gurantee you if "HELLO" was sung by any of the neo soul singers we got right now such as Estelle or Lalah Hathaway or any woman of color for that matter

it wouldn't have GOT HALF THE ATTENTION that ADELE is getting............

we got THOUSANDS of BLACK SINGERS that WILL BLOW ADELE out the water when it comes to singing...

SHAME by TYRESE is one of the most soulful songs of the past few years..and HE CAN HARDLY EVEN GET IT PLAYED ON THESE SO CALLED "URBAN STATIONS" yet THEY WILL PLAY ADELE...

HOW DA FUKK ADELE GETS PLAYED ON POWER 105...yet TYRESE CANT'?!?!??!?

SEE WHERE IM GOING WITH THIS?

ADELE is the ELVIS IN DRAG for this generation....a WHITE WOMAN WITH A BEAUTIFUL STRONG SOULFUL voice.........

that's all these muthaphuking "talent shows" like AMERICAN IDOL and the VOICE been promoting....a WHITE PERSON with the VOICE OF A BLACK PERSON..

They find that EXTREMLY MARKETABLE.....same with finding a WHITE QUARTERBACK who could his monkey azz all over the field like a MIKE VICK or a CAM NEWTON...

Any reason to not deal with our black azzess...before it was we can "tolerate" the dancing singing NEGRO...but once the dancing singing negro starting getting $$$ in the game and challenging the status quo .....

with that being said, it doesn't change the fact that her sound is closer to early R&B/Soul which was the point I was making with this post

Is this not soul?

because it doesn't sound like

how about this?

because it doesn't sound like

....all are "Soul" music with different feels.