why is Lamelo Ball ranked 18th in his class?

Discussion in 'The Coliseum' started by track 1, Jul 28, 2017.

1. ISO

ISO Pass me the rock nikka

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    BX, NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

:dahell: Lowry and Paul absolutely play defense.

Steph is a good off-ball defender with positioning and playing the passing lanes.

2. SpacelySprockets

SpacelySprockets Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Capsule Corp
    Coli Cash:
    $360138.00

98% of NBA PG's dont have the passing ability that Lonzo does:mjlol: Melo has put up countless triple doubles in the summer league and has shown that he is a more than capable passer and this is with the trash teammates that he has

While he does have a poor shot selection, thats something that can be fixed, he's an elite scorer and his efficiency would be way higher if he wasn't taking contested long range 3s.. it's not like its a situation where he just can't shoot
    His handle is great for his age and will only get better, a lot more impressive than Lonzo on that end:ehh:
    He constantly gets himself open

Lamelo vs equal competition including the rematch of the only game u ever watched of him:mjgrin:

heres some others:mjgrin:

not to mention 36 and 10 on SC Supreme which had Zion and another top 30 ranked player who was the one actually guarding him:mjgrin: and feel free to watch the Jaylen hands matchup I posted earlier in the thread:mjgrin:

Born2BKing dapped this.
  3. Loose

Loose Goat Red Rep Poster

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $100.00

Lamelo out here putting up 50 shots and giving up 50+ points due to cherry picking and people comparing him to nba guards "bad" defense :dahell:. Melo not even walking past half court half the time

Pyrex Optics and ReturnOfJudah dapped this.
  4. Sccit

Sccit LA'S MOST BLUNTED WOAT

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    LOS818ANGELES
    Coli Cash:
    $344000.00

HES STILL GROWING

HELL BE A TOP 5 PICK IN THE NBA

LIANGELO WILL BE A LATE FIRST ROUNDER

BOOK IT

5. ReturnOfJudah

ReturnOfJudah Veteran

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $225500.00

Times he crossed half court to play D? Zero

6. TradePascalSiakam

TradePascalSiakam RIP Melyeah, Charmander, Kobe and Gianna :to: Staff Member Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand
    Coli Cash:
    $8412004557.00

Who cares about defense

fdsfa dapped this.
  7. Lord Beasley

Lord Beasley #WolfGang Gang Gang Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    AZ - TX - NE
    Coli Cash:
    $300000.00

Add that to everybody knowing the kid is a grade A douchebag. If they weren't "famous" nobody would care about him

8. Big Boss

Big Boss Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

:ehh:

DonKnock dapped this.
  9. Ethnic Vagina Finder

Ethnic Vagina Finder The Great Paper Chaser

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
    Coli Cash:
    $260943.00

Who cares about rankings. His AAU games gets millions of views on youtube. He's single handedly put AAU basketball on the map. That's more valuable than rankings. Everyone else is also getting valuable exposure.....

:mjpls:

10. O.T.I.S.

O.T.I.S. Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Truth
    Coli Cash:
    $315500.00

Whats funny is he's better than Lonzo at 15. Dude is playing against Academies and Prep school stars (where they basically go to breed athletes and future pros) with neighborhood kids, while being younger than mostly everyone else, and they talking about his efficiency :mjlol:

Especially in AAU ball, where they can play up to 2 times a day almost every day or every other day against much better teams so don't expect them to try on defense...

Also, ESPN has him 8th and #1 at his position

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Warknock

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Houston
    Coli Cash:
    $87.36

Wrong, I watched the game against Zion immediately after it went up, and as I stated I have seen 5 or so other games than those two in full plus other clips. Some with Chino Hills and some with the AAU team.
    :francis:

You're clearly diccriding him so I'll break this all the way down for you one time.

No one is saying he can't put up points or get some gaudy assist totals. There is a difference in how those things actually transpire.

Yes he is very good in transition and can get to the line and hit some shots given a lions share of attempts to do so. OP wanted to know why he is ranked 18th not 1st and I provided a list of things that he does not do at an elite level. You coming in here and saying what he does do well doesn't negate what I said. This was being discussed in the context of the top prospects.

Him having a superior handle to a run of the mill midwestern cac means nothing. His handle is simply not on the level of a Collin Sexton.

He is a capable passer, but Lonzo is cast as a transcendent passer, LaMelo is not that and should not be characterized as such.

When I say he does nothing off ball I mean as a slasher cutting to the basket, obviously he can get open well enough to get a pass outside of the arc for him to get into his own offense.

Based_Beazy dapped this.
  12. West Coast Avenger

West Coast Avenger West Coastin & Smokin

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    206 Emerald City
    Coli Cash:
    $338127.00

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:......

13. 10bandz

10bandz RIP to the GOAT Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

you're an idiot. He has a scholly to UCLA so all that shyt you talking about doesn't mean shyt. Whatever they're doing is clearly working for them:camby:

14. 10bandz

10bandz RIP to the GOAT Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Facts but nikkas wanna ignore that

Paradise50 dapped this.
  15. Paradise50

Paradise50 Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $100610.00

He's a 15 yr old junior and has always played against older comp. He will turn 18 right when he steps on a college campus and potentially drafted still being 18 if he lives up to his hype.

I think his dad will get him right as far as defensive effort over the next couple of years. He was just calling him out the other week on it after that AAU game. Told him straight up that he's too comfortable with his brothers success and not putting in his own work.

Also if he actually played against his age he would dominate even more. LaVar doing the right thing, so those who don't "get it" will look stupid. Only thing stopping LaMelo is his own self (which hopefully that won't happen". You'd be a fool to not see the kids potential. Also playing against older comp will make him that much better + the resources through his bro being in the league.

Even the kid HS isn't stacked, and his AAU team stayed close to the compton squad and Zion's team who are much older & bigger.

aqualung dapped this.