Why is stone cold steve austin above rock?

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
- King of the RIng where he shytted on Jake the Snake
- When he repeatedly beat the shyt out of Vince
- Threw the IC belt into a river
- Poured cement into a sports car
- Beer truck and hosed down everyone
- Passed out instead of saying I Quit in a match
- Beat up Vince in a hospital room
- Came to Pillman house on some super gangsta shyt
- Beat Booker T all over a grocery store
- Wrestled with a broken neck

That's the shyt I'm coming up with off of the top of the head.

Grand opening, grand closing

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
anyone who watched wrestling in the 90's already knows what's up. it's easy for those who didn't watch back then to just look back at it now after all of Rock's success in Hollywood and assume he was bigger. however, Austin's run from 1996-1999 can't be touched by anyone. Rock was intended to be just another role player (and he was until about late 1998, early 1999), but then he stepped up big time and went from being role player to the second biggest draw in the company around 1999 and until Austin left.

Last edited:

DocZulu

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can believe what you want, but your assessment of those wrestlers is ahistorical. Furthermore, Vince had no undercard to compete against WCW when Bischoff decided to have Luger or Sting vie for the TV belt and the US belt.

Austin carried WWE.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Rock is more over to casual fans, and Rock will get bigger pops in many cities.

But Austin's wrestling resume is better...but IMO in 10 years Rock will shine even brighter. Austin is a host for a game show where CACs play in dirt, Rock is a box office superstar. You tell me who is higher.

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
Thread is :trash:

vcWFFQI.png

Alfred0Santana

I used to drop Lewinsky off at the White House.
Daps
Rock passed Austin up when he came back as Hollywood Rock. Probably before that to keep it real. It shouldn't be a debate anymore.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
anyone who watched wrestling in the 90's already knows what's up. it's easy for those who didn't watch back then to just look back at it now after all of Rock's success in Hollywood and assume he was bigger. however, Austin's run from 1996-1999 can't be touched by anyone. Rock was intended to be just another role player (and he was until about late 1998, early 1999), but then he stepped up big time and went from being role player to the second biggest draw in the company around 1999 and until Austin left.
He outdrew Austin in 99

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Theres a reason there's an Austin campaign in the game.

Rock didn't step it up until 99-00 like others have said. Austin was on the rise when he told that "bible thumping piece of garbage" to get out of his ring.
Rock stepped up in 97....they both won their first title same year. Rock has never had a down period like Flair, Austin, and Hogan. The Rock in 2002 being so big is basically why Austin walked out...he was snuffed out for a Rock/Hogan match and he was used as a buffer for Rock/Lesnar but he walked on that.

Austin is not really bigger than the Rock. He just got hot first.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Austin and Rock are synonymous with each other. I have no issue with anyone who has Rock above Austin or vice versa, they're both once in a lifetime talents that came around at the same damn time. That's a rare thing and I'm glad I was around to witness it.