Why is stone cold steve austin above rock?

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Austin saved WWF but Rock shattered all of his records. Rock at his peak is only second to Hogan in terms of popularity.

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
He outdrew Austin in 99

Never knew this :leon: speaks to how over he was before the heel turn in '98 that he could be booked with Al Snow and Billy Gunn in latter half of 1999 and still be killing it.

I always preferred Stone GOAT but would gladly consider either as #1.

The idea that Haitch is even in the same galaxy as them :dead:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Calling :duck: on this tho.

How could you even determine that when he never main evented over Austin?

Because the buyrates, ratings, and merchandise proved it 17 yrs ago.

Smackdown video games, the show...all of that was with Rock as the key guy. The reason why Rock was in the No Mercy 99 finish was that his segments were getting bigger ratings than Austin/Cripple H drama. Then they put him in the Triple threat and he did the Nov 1st promo coming at Austin and the crowd booed Austin's name. Or the elimination match with DX vs Austin/Rock/Kane/Shane and the crowd ignored Austin and chanted for Rock nearly nonstop.

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
Calling :duck: on this tho.

How could you even determine that when he never main evented over Austin?

Yeah I mean maybe Rock did a bunch of house shows with Foley and Big Slow while Austin dragged around Ken ShamGOAT and dudes like that :manny:

Isn't it like on record that Austin is the "most profitable" wrestler in WWE history?

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
I think it really boils down to

Rock is the better performer. We're talking stage presence, mic skills, etc etc
Austin in the embodiment on the late 90s early 2000s. He was a wrestlers wrestler. Technically sound, mic skills were to the point, he was that person inside of us that wants to Stunner our boss when they ask us some dumb shyt for the 30th time, when you get asked by your fam to do some shyt you don't want to do and you're :demonic: on the inside. He's that guy. He's the devil on your shoulder that tells you to kick ass and fukk the bullshyt.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Yeah I mean maybe Rock did a bunch of house shows with Foley and Big Slow while Austin dragged around Ken ShamGOAT and dudes like that :manny:

Isn't it like on record that Austin is the "most profitable" wrestler in WWE history?
Yep

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
For sure but you don't think they would have made even more money if Austin was healthy all year?
LOL.....they had Austin the following year. Remember? And no Rock for 4 months...they had the Invasion storyline with Austin it, a EASY GUARANTEED money maker but what happened? They botched it all up.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Rock was the #2 babyface in late 98 after he left the nation. He was over but nowhere near austin level, which is why he was turned in addition to Austin needing a rival.

He didn't get next level over until after the turn and people's champ run when he would tell the fans to not do his catchphrases and stuff.

By 2000 and beyond tho, Austin was never the same as before when he got back while Rock was on some god level shyt