Why Is The Catholic Church So Controversial? (Why Are They Always Criticized?)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I always wondered why do the majority of people criticize the Catholic Church? Why don't people agree with their doctrine? :whoa: not dissing always wanted to know thanks.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
IN GENERAL, THEY HAVE A LONG HISTORY OF COMPLICATED RELATIONSHIPS WITH POLITICAL POWER, BROTHER! SPECIFIC TO CHRISTIANITY, PROTESTANT CHURCHES DON'T LIKE THE IDEA THAT THE POPE OR MARY CAN WHEEL AND DEAL WITH GOD ON BEHALF OF INDIVIDUALS, DUDE! AND THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT CLAIMS TO BE THE AUTHORITATIVE CATHOLIC (UNIVERSAL) CHURCH WITH DIRECT LEADERSHIP LINEAGE FROM SAINT PETER, MEAN GENE!

Daps
Reppin
The Sonics
They're not always criticized and I don't think the majority of people hate them, I mean, they have over billion followers, I doubt they have billion detractors.
They are however a big and influential so they're a large target.

As to why people criticize them, the reason vary, but the most common reasons are -
  1. The child abuse scandal and their cover-up.
  2. Their opposition to contraception, especially in AIDS ravaged Africa.
  3. The fact that they're rich as fukk even though Jesus was all about them poor people (the new pope seem to be doing better on this front).
  4. Opposition to gay marriage.
  5. Atheists who are against religion in general and just go at them because they're a big and famous target.
  6. Sketchy history - the crusades, the inquisition, Galileo etc.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
They're not always criticized and I don't think the majority of people hate them, I mean, they have over billion followers, I doubt they have billion detractors.

As to why people criticize them, the reason vary, but the most common reasons are -
  3. The fact that they're rich as fukk even though Jesus was all about them poor people (the new pope seem to be doing better on this front).
  5. Atheists who are against religion in general and just go at them because they're a big and famous target.
:ehh:

Tate

Kae☭ernick Loyalist
Daps
Previous posts make excellent points. The pope also functions as a figurehead for all of Christendom to many non westerners. So they catch the brunt of general anti-Christian rhetoric

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Pope means vicar of Christ. They beleive the pope has replaced Jesus which is dumb as hell. The pope signed papal Bulls to enslave all races of color that didn't support their white wash version of Christianity. Basically for all the crimes whites commited during the conquistadors envasion of the Americas

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

All of this plus being one of the world's largest money launderers.

Vatican Money Laundering & Tax Charges Ensnare Flashy Monsignor

The Money-Laundering Vatican Bank Comes Clean

The official bank of the Sicilian Mafia.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

They're not always criticized? One can argue that the entire Protestant faith is a criticism of Catholicism. Let's not forget the vitriol between Protestants and Catholics in this country, let alone across the globe.

Gusto

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watch the Frontline on the Catholic Church. It's just the right amount of depth to disgust you.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Catholic Church is the face of religion...When you need a paper serviette you as for Kleenex, when you have to criticize religion, you attack the Catholic Church...

The CC is actually one of the most forgiving religions though...You can do whatever you want, and as long as you confess and say a couple of Hail Marys and Our Fathers, your slate is wiped clean...

It is one religion that doesn't really ask too much from its followers...