Why Is The Catholic Church So Controversial? (Why Are They Always Criticized?)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I'm 15 minutes into the Frontline doc and I understand why they are hated of some sorts. 10 y/o touches the higherups penis and gets semen on his hand :wtf: Penetrated and etc :whoa:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
catholic church is the largest denomination of the largest religion in the world, but "the majority of people criticize" them :patrice:

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Catholic Church isn't real Christianity

My grandma told me when she was Catholic she never once felt "God"

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
Catholicism is the face of christianity. So when people have a go at Christianity they usually are having a go at Catholics. It just comes with the territory of being a large and well known organisation, people will disagree. I don't really care as I'm not that religious.

Then you get the orange bigots who just hate and kill and assault Catholics just because they're Catholic. They'll exclude and target you even if you don't practice the faith, having a catholic last name is enough and they are utter scum who should die. :pacspit:

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
They molest kids and move priests around without accountability. Good enough for criticism for me.

Ark

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Anambra
jesus did :yeshrug:

what would jesus think of the utter excess and manipulation that is the catholic church :mjlol:

Hard to believe but there was a time the Catholic Church was broke .....The Church would have been a dead case in the first century A.D cause with the prosecution they faced they would have been extinct but it has survived and stood the test of time because of Jesus promise....."the gates of hades shall not prevail against it" :manny:

Last edited:

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Some people see all religious institutions in a negative light.
Some Christians see the Catholic Church as having corrupted the religion as a means of monopolizing political and economic dominance in medieval Europe.
Because of that political and economic dominance the Catholic Church was presiding over Europe for over a millennium, so many attribute to the Catholic Church the many violent, repressive, and/or genocidal acts inflicted by Europe on themselves and the world during that time (The Crusades, witch hunts, book burning, inquisition, colonization, new world genocide, African slave trade, etc).
Most recently, their propensity for child molestation, and the covering up of that propensity has contributed as well.