Why Is The Catholic Church So Controversial? (Why Are They Always Criticized?)

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
I always wondered why do the majority of people criticize the Catholic Church? Why don't people agree with their doctrine? :whoa: not dissing always wanted to know thanks.

Besides being in the Book of Revelation? They changed the Ten Commandments, introduced purgatory, violates much of what Jesus taught.

If you get a chance look up indulgences.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
The Catholic Church is the face of religion...When you need a paper serviette you as for Kleenex, when you have to criticize religion, you attack the Catholic Church...

The CC is actually one of the most forgiving religions though...You can do whatever you want, and as long as you confess and say a couple of Hail Marys and Our Fathers, your slate is wiped clean...

It is one religion that doesn't really ask too much from its followers...
That's sad if you look at it. A religion needs rules of some sorts.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's sad if you look at it. A religion needs rules of some sorts.
Not necessarily...

The CC does have doctrine and dogma...But they are not strict about it...A Catholic doesn't need to go church every Sunday, doesn't need to pray 5x per day, doesn't even need to know the Bible...

Also, Catholic Priests don't even try to interpret the Bible...They just read a passage and leave at that...

Basically, if you follow the laws of the land and go to confession once in a while, there is a good chance you are going to Catholic heaven...

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The naked embrace of opulence and materialism within the upper echelons of the church and all the tacit approval of boy raping is why Catholicism gets a bad rap.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Not necessarily...

The CC does have doctrine and dogma...But they are not strict about it...A Catholic doesn't need to go church every Sunday, doesn't need to pray 5x per day, doesn't even need to know the Bible...

Also, Catholic Priests don't even try to interpret the Bible...They just read a passage and leave at that...

Basically, if you follow the laws of the land and go to confession once in a while, there is a good chance you are going to Catholic heaven...
Thats sad in my opinion. With those rules it doesn't even change you as a person.

Last edited:

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're the world's largest religion that is also known as one of the most corrupt organizations to ever exist, they use the Bible and Jesus' teachings as a means of authority but are really much more similar to the forms of paganism that the Bible and Jesus taught against, they have a history of violence, war, child abuse and sexual abuse on top of countless other horrid things all while quite literally claiming to have the keys to heaven. Also they are worth hundreds of billions, if not trillions of $ and they continue to grow their wealth instead of tirelessly fighting poverty. A UN study estimated that $30 billion a year could end world hunger, the Catholic Church could easily lead that campaign instead they build gold and bronze statues for their followers to bow down in front of--hypocrisy at it's finest. (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/news/04iht-04food.13446176.html?_r=0)

I was raised catholic, the use of fear as a control mechanism, especially the fear of eternal punishment is psychological warfare on a sickening level. I don't know if it started that way, but it was certainly taken to that level and used to control and manipulate the masses into being docile servants who hand over a good chunk of their money and never question let alone truly challenge the church's authority out of fear of eternal hell fire.

Last edited:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
They're the world's largest religion that is also known as one of the most corrupt organizations to ever exist, they use the Bible and Jesus' teachings as a means of authority but are really much more similar to the forms of paganism that the Bible and Jesus taught against, they have a history of violence, war, child abuse and sexual abuse on top of countless other horrid things all while quite literally claiming to have the keys to heaven. Also they are worth hundreds of billions, if not trillions of $ and they continue to grow their wealth instead of tirelessly fighting poverty. Some study estimated that $30 billion a year would end poverty, the Catholic Church could easily lead that campaign instead they build gold and bronze statues for their followers to bow down in front of--hypocrisy at it's finest.

I was raised catholic, the use of fear as a control mechanism, especially the fear of eternal punishment is psychological warfare on a sickening level. I don't know if it started that way, but it was certainly taken to that level and used to control and manipulate the masses into being docile servants who hand over a good chunk of their money and never question anything out of fear of eternal hell fire.
Sp, it's basically a sham?

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sp, it's basically a sham?

I'm not in a position to say the whole thing is a sham, I think most of the priests and nuns are true believers and good people, but I'd say, like most powerful institutions, it's become corrupted to the point of no return, and that there's always been people in positions of power in the church who use their authority and the church's authority for their own personal gain and for evil purposes.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I'm not in a position to say the whole thing is a sham, I think most of the priests and nuns are true believers and good people, but I'd say, like most powerful institutions, it's become corrupted to the point of no return, and that there's always been people in positions of power in the church who use their authority and the church's authority for their own personal gain and for evil purposes.
True

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Thanks for the responses.
WHY DO YOU HAVE MY CLOSE PERSONAL FRIEND ANTONIO INOKI IN YOUR AVI, BROTHER?

xDDgZ.jpg