Why was Mike Bibby drafted so high?

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Cmon now that was CWeb's team and you know it.
and bibby was a great 2nd option, are you expecting every #2 pick to be the franchise player? Thats not how it works

bibby and c-webb would be champions if not that bullshyt ass david stern wanna see another 3-peat story so badly. Even donaghy said yeah we fukked it up

olowokandi at 1, lafrentz at 3 and traylor at 6 is what you should call disappointing

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Would u have drafted him at number 2 overall??

Hindsight is a bytch, but you never know what is going to happen. Bibby was easily the best point guard in the draft, and he turned out the best out of the top three picks by a mile. And the top two guys in that draft were taken #9 and #10, so it ain't like anyone really knew how good they'd be.

He definitely had a top-five career out of that draft class. Only Dirk, PP, and Carter were clearly better. That's a fine hit for the #2 pick. Thank God they didn't pick Raef or the Candy-man.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
i know he was coming off a National Championship and when I look at NBAdraft.net there was no current player who he can be compared too. He was a disappointment but I wanted to know what made him go so high?
tumblr_inline_mntpxaTRvo1qz4rgp.gif

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Hindsight is a bytch, but you never know what is going to happen. Bibby was easily the best point guard in the draft, and he turned out the best out of the top three picks by a mile. And the top two guys in that draft were taken #9 and #10, so it ain't like anyone really knew how good they'd be.

He definitely had a top-five career out of that draft class. Only Dirk, PP, and Carter were clearly better. That's a fine hit for the #2 pick. Thank God they didn't pick Raef or the Candy-man.
:ehh: fair enough

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
and bibby was a great 2nd option, are you expecting every #2 pick to be the franchise player? Thats not how it works

bibby and c-webb would be champions if not that bullshyt ass david stern wanna see another 3-peat story so badly. Even donaghy said yeah we fukked it up

olowokandi at 1, lafrentz at 3 and traylor at 6 is what you should call disappointing

Raef had solid career, but those years were the worst times I've ever witnessed in NBA.

Different era.

A Mike Bibby today, isn't getting drafted as high.
What? We've seen bums go higher, based off "hopes and potential".