Will a moderate republican(Mitt romney/John Mccain types) ever win the republican presidential primary ever again.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
I just can't see it. Those types are outcast and labelled RINO's. It's dipshyts like trump,de santis,MTG types from here on out for atleast multiple decades

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
It would take a moderate pretending to be ultra-conservative and then flipping the script once elected in an effort to unite the country

The problem is a moderate will be exposed before He/she can ever secure the nomination. oppo research alone will suss them out and Maga opponents do not play fair

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
no…. All of the moderates got called racist as well. So there is no need for moderation now if they don’t even get the benefit of not being called racist.

Back when Romney ran for president, Joe Biden said he would put us back in chains if he won. Basically everyone jumped the shark and now you get to deal with a new age of conservatives who don’t get insecure when you call them racist.

Last edited:

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Trump and MAGA types have to keep losing. I feel Trump losing definitively a second time will be somewhat of a game changer. At some point, if it hasn't yet, the crazy gets exhausting. They crazies have been performing terribly election after election and when I see things like almost half of Hailey supporters would support Biden if she loses, then I start to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Having this dude lose even worse than the first time will be enough I think for things to genuinely change to more normalcy. Maybe wishful thinking.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trump and MAGA types have to keep losing. I feel Trump losing definitively a second time will be somewhat of a game changer. At some point, if it hasn't yet, the crazy gets exhausting. They crazies have been performing terribly election after election and when I see things like almost half of Hailey supporters would support Biden if she loses, then I start to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Having this dude lose even worse than the first time will be enough I think for things to genuinely change to more normalcy. Maybe wishful thinking.
yeah the moderates know that trump is a loser, but their problem going forward will be getting these radicalized MAGA lunatics to turn out for a normal republican :dead:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
John McCain and Mitt Romney we’re not moderate.

John “Bomb Bomb Iran” McCain was moderate?

It's relative...McCain was certainly a warhawk though, you're right about that.

But when it comes to social issues like abortion/climate change/healthcare they're more moderate than the current batch of MAGAs. I doubt McCain or Romney would've pulled the US out of the Paris Accords or tried to instigate a Muslim ban. And even though I've never cared for McCain I do give him credit for saving Obamacare, if nothing else he at least did something good before he died.